• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Dosage? Half-life?

lman_15

Bluelighter
Hey I'm wondering how much is a regular dose for Kratom? I have pretty high opiate tolerance and used to use every day.. Also, how long does it stay in your system for?

Half-life isn't easy to say, but it isn't terribly relevant to how long the effects last. Different strains last for different amounts of time. I'd say 2-8 hours is the range for perceptible effects. The drug certainly sticks around for longer than this however. The exact half-life I do not believe is published.

The size of a dose for any given person depends on their opioid tolerance. For zero opioid experience and an average sized male, I'd say about 4-5g would be ideal, though with certain strains this could be too much.

How long would it be before it would fully leave my system after ingestion?

In my experience with Kratom I can usually feel it for about 6 hours. However after about 3 hours you begin to comedown pretty quickly. Strangely the key I have found with kratom is to basically over-hydrate. For me, the euphoria is tired perfectly with the amount of water I have taken in. If I notice I am beginning to come down a big glass of water can bring the high right back.

How much would be needed for 2 experienced opiate users? What is the best method of ingestion?
Also, how long will it be in my system for.. not how long will i be high but how long before it is completely gone from my system?

Also, I'm on suboxone is it safe to take Krotam while on suboxone will there be any negative interactions between the 2 drugs?

Well, you probably won't feel much if you are on suboxone, I'm afraid.. what dose are you taking?

It seems that Kratom won't do the trick. What about "kava-kava" and kanna? Would those have any adverse reactions with the suboxone? Would I be able to feel either of the 2? At which dose

Kava isn't an opioid so Suboxone shouldn't interfere with feeling it..

I don't have any experience with it though, and. I don't know what kanna is either, sorry!

Little is known about the actual half-life of kratom, but, as Peg mentioned, it shouldn't really matter too much. Treat it as you would treat another opiate when getting Suboxone into the mix...

Red Bali required only 3.3 grams for me and that was a little much with zero tolerance. I do think there's differences in effects red bali seems more a downer. Mild overdoses result in bouts of agitation moderate over-doing it gave me the spins once very similar to the alcohol effect I've not had since my 20's. No bell-shape for my effects more like methylone as in front-heavy.