• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ethnobotanicals Kratom-do you use kratom regularly? How hs it impacted your perception/enjoyment of music?

someguyontheinternet

Moderator: CD
Staff member
I've noticed that as I took kratom regularly, I listened to music less. I don't feel like I enjoy it nearly as much as when I wasn't taking kratom. I should mention that in specifically referring to leaf, now that I'm using a more purified form of mitragynine, I enjoy music quite a bit more than when I was taking leaf

Has anyone else had a similar experience of kratom use impacting their perception or enjoyment of music?

How long have you been using kratom? I've been using regular kratom powder for about 10 years now, up until around 2 weeks ago.

This has been on my mind lately. I used to be a huge music nerd and would constantly be listening to something. It was meditative, it was a coping mechanism, and it was a passion of mine. Music made me happy, it was an antidepressant.

That changed some years ago. I can't really pinpoint on when, it seems like a steady decline in interest. It started around 3 years after I started using alcohol and kratom regularly, but has gotten to the point where music just sounds flat and uninteresting to me now.

I'm not totally sure if I can blame it all on kratom, but maybe it was.

I have only been using extracts or 7-OH pills for about 2 weeks now, I cut out all powder kratom. I've gotta say, I feel A LOT better. Kratom powder was causing me a myriad of both physical and mental side effects that had been going on for so long I didn't even realize I was having some of them. I thought that was just my new normal shitty state and had bad health. And specifically, I have regained interest in many of my old hobbies in the last 2 weeks.

Maybe it was kratom after all.

Yea I've noticed there sure are some weird alks doing shit besides hitting opioid receptors. The extracts feel much more clean to me. I've actually four d I prefer mitragynine over 7-OH because I don't like the sleepy feeling. I can actually get things dome on mitragynine.

I feel like I'm generally happier and enjoy things more with the more isolated mit extracts but I have a fee with varying concentrations of secondary alks that I'll be trying to see how it impacts how I feel. I definitely don't want to go back to leaf, it always felt like I was chasing the mitragynine but the other alks would prevent me from getting where I wanted to be and even make me quick to anger sometimes. I used mostly whites for reference, if that means anything

How long have you been using kratom? I've been using regular kratom powder for about 10 years now, up until around 2 weeks ago.

This has been on my mind lately. I used to be a huge music nerd and would constantly be listening to something. It was meditative, it was a coping mechanism, and it was a passion of mine. Music made me happy, it was an antidepressant.

That changed some years ago. I can't really pinpoint on when, it seems like a steady decline in interest. It started around 3 years after I started using alcohol and kratom regularly, but has gotten to the point where music just sounds flat and uninteresting to me now.

I'm not totally sure if I can blame it all on kratom, but maybe it was.

I have only been using extracts or 7-OH pills for about 2 weeks now, I cut out all powder kratom. I've gotta say, I feel A LOT better. Kratom powder was causing me a myriad of both physical and mental side effects that had been going on for so long I didn't even realize I was having some of them. I thought that was just my new normal shitty state and had bad health. And specifically, I have regained interest in many of my old hobbies in the last 2 weeks.

Maybe it was kratom after all.
My last run on kratom was just extracts and it was way better. Much less shitty side effects and the wd was not bad. I started July 3 and was able to attend a July 4th event in not too bad a shape.

To the OP opiates in general will kinda suck the enjoyment out of everything. Music, fucking, you name it. One thing I've noticed though during wd is the exact opposite happens. Music becomes absolutely orgasmiclly amazing. I'm talking full body goosebumps amazing. Every single time I've went through wd this has happened. It's one of the bright sides to wd.

How would kratom compare to morphine for pain? Got my script yesterday but thankfully no pain yet but still nervous using them.
I tried kratom while on methadone years ago and it made me a bit anxious and my tolerance was to high

It depends on the level of mitragynine and 7-OH. I would personally stick with extracts, I don't know how mitragynine would work on someone who had an opioid tolerance but its metabolite 7-OH is far close to the traditional opioid. I think it could be worth at least giving a mitragynine extract a shot to see if it helps you. There are other alkaloids in kratom that do a whole bunch of weird stuff and some may be opioid antagonists

There are some companies supplying mitragynine focused extracts rather than full spectrum, those are the ones I've been using. I have a few samples right now and they're all around 55-70% mitragynine with varying degrees of secondary alkaloids. Snafu recently had a thread about companies supplying 7-OH isolates as well but mitragynine doesn't induce extreme respiratory depression like 7-OH and traditional opioids can so it would be a cost/benefit analysis for you based on whether you get relief from mitragynine or if you need to seek out 7-OH products

For me music is more enjoyable but I’m very new to kratom. Using OPMS black mostly, w/ about 6 grams red vein to balance the extract. The source is excellent (vetted by a member here but not suggested to me in a violation of the BLUA in any way). So I don’t fully know, in time maybe not, I sure hope nope. Last evening was a long, deep very enjoyable sesh with headphones & a state of bliss.

The killer of sound perception and enjoyment of music for me is alcohol - both as a musician and as a consumer. I find alcohol wrecks my hearing acuity. Diacetyl was ok for it when not performing, meth definitely all cases, coke - ‘eh too distracting unless off stage and dancing, LSD & other psychs - the bomb off stage and cannabis for sure and almost always on board these days wether performing or kicking back to listen to some good tunes. I don’t like listening to people talk nor do I feel much like talking but that’s my personality as well.

For me music is more enjoyable but I’m very new to kratom.
Yeah, that's how it starts. The honeymoon period with kratom is great.

But overtime with daily use it creates this yoyo effect, where outside of the 2 hours immediately after dosing kratom it can make you pretty depressed, unmotivated, and generally disinterested in a lot of things.

Kratom addiction can be insidious in that way and not a lot of people talk about it, they mostly just focus on the withdrawal effects.

Other opioids don't really do that IMO.

Is this the case for pretty much everyone - that after a habit forms its two good hours then bullshit from there out until when - the next day? Is it due to the long half life and partial agonist nature? I’m out after in six days anyway due to a Bernese bupe induction started two days ago, but am curious in the case I decide to use it in the future. Thanks to all and I don’t mean to derail this thread though I feel the question fits the thread.

I don't recall kratom detracting from my enjoyment of music even after I was dependent on it for years. I smoked weed, drank lots of kava and did psychedelics too though, so that maybe made me not notice since they all enhance music for me.

How would kratom compare to morphine for pain? Got my script yesterday but thankfully no pain yet but still nervous using them.
I tried kratom while on methadone years ago and it made me a bit anxious and my tolerance was to high

With no tolerance kratom can be very good for pain. It can provide about as much pain relief as 10 mg of hydrocodone or whatever the morphine equivalent is, possibly even more if you take a high dose and don't have a tolerance.

However it cannot compare to the analgesic effect of moderate to high doses of morphine and the like. Kratom has a ceiling beyond which taking more is going to lead to increased side effects rather than more pain relief.

However, one good thing about kratom is that actually makes it better than morphine in some ways is for long term chronic pain relief, if you can remain taking low doses of kratom you can achieve consistent (although mild) pain relief without developing a huge tolerance. With morphine like drugs when I used those long term I would become very tolerant to their effects to where I did not get good pain relief anymore and actually became hyper sensitive to pain and experienced excessive sedation. Kratom was a better substance for living a relatively normal life while getting some pain relief.