• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom cross tolerance

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
First I'd like to say fuck the kratom ban in the U.S. its a complete overreach of power and is probably the second dumbest thing the DEA has done next to keeping cannabis illegal for all these years.

Now, I've been off kratom for a couple years now but my use of other opioids has gone up. I can handle 80mg of hydrocodone, 50mg of oxy at once and get a decent high. I also take tramadol up to 500mg which strangely seems to give me a better buzz then the hydro. Anyway I picked up some kratom and even though I'm only going to start at 5 grams of Bali powder what kind of tolerance increase should I expect with daily use?

I'm hoping to save some money and lower my tolerance to other opes by using kratom as a filler.

Are you talking about kratom tolerance or kratom increasing tolerance to other opioids? I have a similar codone tolerance as you and a good amount of that has came from daily kratom use. I still use kratom daily but rarely touch opioids other than low doses of tramadol w/kratom.

Prior to my kratom addiction I would use oxy/hydrocodone maybe once every 3-4 weeks and at that time my tolerance was around 30-40mg of a 'codone combo, now anything under 60mg feels like a waste and this is a few months in between use. As far as kratom tolerance increasing...who knows? You may not even feel much from kratom but if you are using it to help with w/d, cravings etc it can be very effective once you find your dose.

K works quite well for me at 5 grams. You may wanna be careful going up higher. I used the same doses of OC , trams, and several norco per day. I would say 6 grams max.

Last edited:
Kratom is like a tolerance place holder...I was on huge Kratom doses for several months to get off oxy, I took oxy again and had to take 3 30's to even feel it. Switching back to Kratom after a long oxy period is difficult, but I stabilize after about a week....I take big doses of Kratom but it's shitty weak head shop Kratom so yeah.

I'm about to cold turkey off Kratom in a day or two when I run out, hopefully it's not too bad? I don't think the dea understands how many thousands of people are going to go back to heroin, oxy etc as a result of their fucking idiotic ban.

You are in difficult territory OP. Kratom is not a "medicinal" product in the Western sense of the word. Constituent chemicals (Mitragynines), themselves Opioids, are definitely contained within the plant, but the question is always going to be, exactly how much? The only accurate way to measure the potency is through Bioassay. Even once you establish a decent point of reference, you will still be dealing with varying potencies from batch to batch.

For this reason, we have to advocate the Harm Reduction principle of starting low and going slow. As far as variables like, when will I get sick, how will my tolerance progress and the like, those are impossible. Even if you just want any kind of answer just for your peace of mind, it's ultimately going to be a disservice to you to give one. I'd rather form my own opinions on the matter personally.

I'm not sure how you intend to lower your tolerance by using other Opioids though? Do you feel like you'll be less compelled to abuse Mitragynine for some reason?

Nonono I'm trying to lower my tolerance to other opiates by using kratom for a while.

Also I made a noob mistake and didn't mention that I've used this exact brand of Bali from a very reputable vendor before at doses ranging from 3-9 grams once or twice a day for a few months at a time. I'm pretty confident that I'm getting a consistent and quality product.

The problem is that was when my tolerance was at a point where I'd get pretty wrecked off 20mg oxy or 30mg hydro, I'm just wondering how far the tolerance to other opiates carries over. Kind of like if I take a break from tramadol but still use oxy and hydro for like a week, I can dose the tram the next day after stopping the hydro and nearly cut my dose in half for the same effect.

I know everyone's body is different but unless anyone has any hard data on this I am more or less looking for personal experiences. Thanks for all the replies so far, also good luck on your CT roxi.

also yes kief I do feel less compelled to abuse kratom, it's not a quick easy dose like pills. I either have to prep tea or eat the powder either way it take time to measure doses and although I enjoy the process I don't want to do it 5 times a day like I would with dosing oxy.