• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Kratom blocking the effects of fentanyl?

DennisNoddman

Greenlighter
I took about 20 Red Maeng Da kratom pills Saturday night, and almost 30 Sunday night. Yesterday and today (its Tuesday night) I cannot feel any effects of railing pressed fent pills, not even a slight nod. I know it effects everyone differently , and some people swear by kratom mixing well with other opiates. so far in my experience, it is giving me a blockade almost like methadone did. is this normal, and if it is when might it subside ?

Kratom's antagonistic ability is negligible as the binding affinity at MOR is relatively low and magnitudes lower than most other common opioids. Basically all opioids should boot mitragynine off the receptor.

Kratom can produce tolerance which some people misinterpret as blocking other opioids.

Although this is all in theory, and nobody can say what is in the fent pills you are banging. They could be bunk... but please do not take my advice as a reason to double or triple your dose... either of us could be dead wrong.

In any case, kratom has an effective half life of around 24 hours, so by 3 days it's basically out of your system.

I have taken 2x your kratom dose and then did 1/4th of a pressed m30 fent pill 16 hours later and got completely annihilated (in a bad way) from the fent as if I had zero tolerance.

Kratom does not block fent.

Last edited:
Kratom can produce tolerance which some people misinterpret as blocking other opioids.
Totally agree, I think I learned that early on. It may stop lighter opiates like codeine, hydrocodone, and even oxycodone from taking effect but I always attributed it to a tolerance, not an antagonism. While kratom may have lighter effects it for sure still overpowers lighter opiates. I can confirm a good glass of poppy tea can totally overpower kratom for a good while too. So I have a hard time thinking it could block fentanyl.

Yeah, the two things I came to the conclusion were simply opiate like effects and not antagonism or adrenal stimulation attributed to kratom. I get the same stimulation from other opiates. And taking it before sleep and still helping a person sleep makes it unlike an adrenogenic (is that a word?) substance like yohimbe, and the fact it lessens lighter opiate effects were always simple tolerance and not antagonism like buprenorphine. All of that makes me realize we still have a lot to learn about kratom. And of course my thoughts could be wrong but that is what I believe.

So I also agree with LVG too, the fentanyl could not have been that strong. It should slice through kratom. At least I would think.

No. Straightforward impossible. Fentanyl binding affinity to the receptor is that great, that it might even fight and succed with really powerful blocking substances such as methadon and buprenorphine. And kratom doesn't even have that blocking property. It's more like codeine as far as I know. Codeine always acts well with any other opioid, and kratom should do the same, as they both have low strength binding affinity with the receptors in your brain.

I have no idea why this happened to you. Maybe that pills contain something else, than you expect. Maybe they contain fentanyl, but only very small amount. Who knows what is in such type of pills these days? Certainly not me. I wouldn't trust anyone upon what is in them. Maybe pharmaceuticals opioids are somewhat better, because you always know extacly what you get?