• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom - *ANYONE HAVING PANIC ATTACKS PLEASE READ*

Kratomaniac

Greenlighter
Hello all,

I'm very new to these forums. I've read the rules and im gonna try not to break any by posting, so here goes.

I'll start it off by saying If you're a daily user of Kratom and you dose more than once a day, have been for weeks/months/years etc., you may have noticed that kratom has lost its "magic," and any dose after the first one of the day might bring on anxiety/panic attacks, depression, lack of motivation, isolation etc.

Kratom is known for its anxiety-eliminating properties, so you're probably confused as to why the hell it's doing the polar opposite now. I want you all to know that this is VERY common, and is easily stopped (well, maybe not too "easily" if you're taking a shitload every day).

There are several reasons as to why you may be having panic attacks on K:

1) You're taking a strain that's too stimulating for you. If you're prone to anxiety and you take a lot of white vein, good ol' Kratom could be causing that existing anxiety to flare up on you. Maybe try a good Green vein, and if that doesn't work try a Red, as Red is usually the best strain for anxiety.

2) You cut your daily intake way too much way too fast. Say you're taking 30g a day for a while, and you want to slow down and cut your dose down to 15g the next day. That may help you manage the physical WDs rather than going Cold Turkey, but for some (not all), that can possibly bring on a pretty hardcore panic attack, as anxiety is a common withdrawal symptom (you win some, you lose some).

3) You've just taken a dose way LOWER than what you usually take. This one goes hand in hand with my 2nd point, but I wanted to specify that if you're dependent on say 8g doses or something and you take 2 grams instead, that can cause your brain to feel aggravated because it isn't getting as high of a dose as it's used to (similar to how opiates/opiods act) and send you into panic mode. Not to mention, smaller doses are more stimulating, so you can get overstimmed pretty easily if taken too often.

4) You've just taken a dose way HIGHER than what you're used to. If you're content with 8g doses and decide to down 18g, that can really throw your system off. What other people dose REALLY doesn't matter, so if you're happy with taking 5g a couple times a day but KratomLover69420 downs 20g 3x a day, that just means he has a really high tolerance to kratom and/or opiods general. Some people are different, so NEVER go off what other people take. Find your sweet spot dosage and stick with it.

5) You're dosing too often. PLEASE don't chase highs with kratom. By doing so you're only increasing your tolerance and bringing in the negative side effects. Kratom is meant to boost your mood for a while (or ease WDs from other drugs of course), not to keep taking more and more because you're not "feeling high" enough. You can up your dose by a few grams if you don't get what you want in an hour, but thats usually only for when you're getting a feel for a new strain or kratom in general. NEVER do what I did and keep redosing every few hours just cause you wanted to get higher, cause it just isn't going to work.

OR (Drum roll pls)

6) ***You have too much Kratom in your system***

Probably the most likely reason to have these Panic attacks. You've noticed that a Kratom high lasts for several hours, so it only makes sense to think that if you're taking several doses a day for a long time that your body still has a lot of Kratom to flush out. Even though you've come down and aren't feeling high anymore, you've still got plenty of Kratom in your system. I just recently decided to cut my doses back to about 2 per day when I was taking around 5, and I felt pretty shitty. Thankfully I slept through most of the adjustment period, but when I was awake, my body hurt, nose was running, and felt like I wanted to hop out my skin. It's now like the 5th day of being on 2 doses and I feel SO much better all the way around. And the kratom feels better when I do dose. My advice: take a break, or at least taper down a good amount.

So there it is guys, sorry if I was too wordy, I know it was a LOT of info but I really wanted to write this to help out anyone going through the awful terror of Kratom induced panic attacks, cause I've had them last for several hours. NOT fucking fun at all. Try to consider all of these options and see what you can do to change your routine for the better. Hopefully I may have solved some of you guys issues with K. Stay safe, and happy dosing ??

I?ve been using kratom for about three years now, daily for the past year+, and the only time I?ve had a full-blown panic attack was when I foolishly overdosed myself. One time in particular was so bad that I was having tremors and was shaking so violently I couldn?t hold a water bottle without spilling it all over the place.

Other than that, it has very rarely aggravated my already-existing anxiety, even when I?ve obviously taken more than was necessary.

I rotate strains, too. Currently I?m rotating between four different strains: red Thai, gold Bali, white Maeng da and Green Malay. While the whites definitely produce a more ?edgy? effect, anxiety is a rare occurrence ? for me at least.

I've been using kratom some as I was tapering off Suboxone, then my doctor said he would continue to dose me but only at a very low dose. I have chronic pain, cirrhosis, COPD, and some other medical problems, and could not stand the never-ending withdrawal symptoms. Since nothing else is really available where I live, plus I've been living as a recovering person for the ten years I've been on maintenance. Had no problems tapering until I got down to about 1/4 mg every other day and just hit a wall. Until then never took anything else with it; didn't play games with my dose, but when the withdrawals got real bad, and just would not end, that's when I got the kratom. So now I take the Sub every other day but it wears off by the first night, and I'm sick again. So I take 2 or 3 caps--not sure of the strength, but 2 fixes me right up--right before bed the first night, 3 or 4 the next morning, 2 that night, and then the next day 1/4 mg of Sub. I'm not asking anyone the advisability of what I'm doing--I know that ultimately I have to do something different, either raise my Sub dose or just stick out a final taper and get off both. It's obvious that kratom's going to be illegal soon. What I wanted to say is that while I don't feel anything else with the Sub, it does give me a bit of extra energy, while the kratom relaxes me, which is why I kind of hate taking it in the morning. I notice that there doesn't seem to be any danger of precipitated withdrawals with these two things and wonder if kratom is more similar to Sub than it is to pure agonists. I've noticed that I can actually take them at the same time and not have any negative effects, although it seems a waste, so I don't do it any more. My only goal, truthfully, is to avoid being sick. I really don't have the drive to be high any more; just hate going through withdrawals. Does anybody have any words of wisdom, or has anyone had any experience with kratom and Suboxone taper? This has been going on with me for a while, and if it wasn't for that fact that it's going to be banned, I'd either continue doing what I'm doing, or stop the Sub and just stay on a low dose of kratom for a while before I make any more decisions.

Personally, kratom never gave me,or anyone I know anything close to resembling a panic attack, even at high dosages. Although, I can see why you might want to spread the word regarding your experience, it might be a tad personal to apply so broadly.

That said, please don't take that as a slam, or harsh criticism, everyone is different with regards to drugs and their effects, even at identical doses of identical substances.