• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

kratom anxiety

George1012

Bluelighter
I've been taking kratom powder for a few years. I've tried other herbs and even pharmaceuticals but nothing has helped me the way kratom has. It has for the most part helped me get through anxiety and the daily grind. Its given me a better mood, more endurance for physical activities, and reduced appetite and more patience with people. Lately when I take it it puts me in kind of a weird mood, opposite of what it used to. Instead of feeling uplifted and energetic I feel lame to say the least, almost a depressed feeling, lack of motivation and very uneasy and anxious and sometimes irritable as hell. I've switched strains. Sometimes I take my dose with some caffeine of sorts and sometimes I don't. Caffeine would intensify it tremendously. I take it 1-3 times a day, a t-spoon each dose. I've cut back from 4-6 times a day.

Not sure if this will help you or not, but I've noticed personally that I get the best results from kratom if I only dose once a day...

Likely either 1. withdrawal due to your reduced intake (as Mobius suggested) or 2. your switch in strain. What was previous strain and what's new strain?

-PA

Maybe instead of taking 4-6 individual t-spoons spread throughout the day I should try taking it all worth in only three doses.

Probably the best idea honestly. If I were to cut down to once a day I'd start doing that one dose in the morning so I won't be dependent on a nightly dose because if I take my last dose of the day before say 4:00 PM when I usually go to bed around midnight I'd wake up around 5-6 in the morning with restless arms and restless legs. I have to dose within three hours of bedtime if I don't want to wake up in an aggravated state lol. Kind of sucks. Less is more with everything though for sure.

Just remember to not only swith up your dosing schedule and amount but also your type of kratom so the effects will continue working. This alongside of taking tolerance breaks(harder than you might think) should keep the effects mostly positive. I used it daily for many years until the ban was supposed to take place in the US so I tapered. Don't take kratom w/d lightly either as I had RLS for 2 weeks straight...enough to mess with my sleep big time.

ker-angst

but yeah, it sounds like mild-to-middling withdrawal to me, George