• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom and tolerance

Roxi808

Bluelighter
Hi All,
just wanted to share some experience, I've been struggling to get off opiates for about a year. I was up to about 250 ish mgs of oxy until I switched to strictly kratom about a month ago. Kratom has worked great for helping me get through daily life...It didn't make me high or anything it just allowed me to somewhat function normally. Its good because I think as long as you're feeling a little shitty it means your brain is healing and getting back to normal...

Anyway I was given some roxy 30's yesterday, and assuming my tolerance had gone down from not having eaten any oxy in a month i ate 2 (60 mgs) and i hardly even felt it so I snorted another and "kind of" felt it. That is pretty surprising to me. Has anyone found that kratom totally keeps your tolerance high? I was pretty surprised and taking 90mgs of oxy and almost not even feeling it.

i plan on not touching the oxy anymore anyway, but I'm just curious about the tolerance thing...anyone else have this happen?

Also if I just cold turkey the kratom right now how bad would the wds be? I take about 7 grams 3 times a day...its head shop capsules which from what I've read are pretty weak too? Thanks!

I wouldn't say that Kratom keeps your tolerance high so much as tolerance doesn't really drop that much in a month, at least in my experience. It drops a little and then skyrockets back to where it was.

I'm in agreement with shadowstryker. I've used kratom quite a bit to help with coming off of opiates (namely oxys). I've always noticed my tolerance doesn't drop that much in a month and I'm always surprised, although I shouldn't be at this point. One big thing with kratom though is the care I have to exhibit when coming off of it as it can cause me some pretty strong mental distress (anxiety/depression).

How have you come off it? Taper slow? It seems from my experience to be much easier than coming off a big oxy habit

I've also heard that one of the alkaloids in kratom has a binding affinity 10x that of morphine (though I've heard contradictory statements too), and I've read that oxycodone has a weaker affinity to the mu receptor than morphine, so is it possible that kratom could partly block the effects of certain opioid agonists?

Tapering is much easier with kratom, as compared to tapering off of oxy. I would advise doing 15% off of your daily dose every 3 days. You basically wont feel any WD.

Also, if the kratom was in your system at the time, it does tend to decrease the effects felt from other opioids/opiates, so that may be what happened

I can't feel any opiates unless I take a few days off of kratom. I don't know if it has to do with affinity or the fact that kratom contains an opioid antagonist, or both.

I can't feel any opiates unless I take a few days off of kratom. I don't know if it has to do with affinity or the fact that kratom contains an opioid antagonist, or both.
Kratom doesn't have an opioid antagonist in it. What opiate are you trying to take? Depending on the opiate if it's a prodrug you may not have the enzymes to metabolize it. Or, another possibility, is you may just not be taking enough.

Kratom contains the alkaloid corynantheidene which is an opioid antagonist. Don't know how powerful it is though, probabily not very. I don't know if this is why but I definitely can't feel oxy or hydro unless I take a few days off of kratom (which I take daily). It's definitely not because the dose I try is too low. 30mg of hydro will get me very buzzed with no kratom in my system but will do literally nothing unless kratom is more or less out of my system.