• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom and Steroid Hormones Interaction

spooony

Greenlighter
Hello Friends,

I am brand new to this forum.

I have had trouble with Kratom recently (actually for the past two years), and am in search of help.

Quick background:

I started using Kratom two years ago, it was the only remedy I found that relieved pain from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)--and it was wonderful. I was able to go about my day as any normal person would, without being chained to the toilet.

I have tried everything to fix my IBS, and I really do mean everything. Kratom was the only thing that worked--alongside phenibut for taking my mind off of the pain, which I still use 1/x week to this day.

However, a month after I first discovered Kratom I also began a TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) program.

As I began TRT, each passing week the effects of kratom became less and less pronounced, until it did nothing at all.

No matter how long of a tolerance break, No matter how much Kratom I took, the number of potentiators I've used, and even playing around with different TRT & anastrozole doses (and even going off of it completely), the sought-after effects of kratom have never returned.

There have been a day here and there where it worked for whatever reason, but I was never able to find a linear variable that indicated as to why. This has happened probably two or three times over the past two years.

What I do know, is that this problem is not a special case. I have found a multitude of others using exogenous hormones and kratom that have had the exact same issue.

So my question is, is there anyone on this forum that possibly knows what the hell is going on? I would do anything to get Kratom to work again to presume living a normal life.

My own theory is that since the presence of these hormones exceeds my bodies natural levels, the higher levels of testosterone and estrogen are therefore influencing a mechanism within the body that prevents proper delivery of Kratom to the brain.

I suspect that the amount of the two liver enzymes CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 are both being altered to a level that renders Kratom useless within my own body, in that either CYP2D6 levels are negatively affected or CYP3A4 levels are positively affected... Or both?

Thoughts?

Last thing to clarify, is that this is not due to tolerance. Whenever I have pressed this issue on other forums, I was always met with that rebuttal. This cannot be the case, as I have taken extensive breaks, never used Kratom more than two or three times per week, Rotated strains, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Spooony