• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom and Paxil/Trazadone

RUC4

Bluelighter
ok, so I tried kratom in march, towards the end of march, when I got out of the hospital for some ongoing medical issues. I tried it to ease pain. I tried red Bali and green indo. I wrote about it a few times on here. I started with a very low dose of the red, hearing that red was best for pain management. I slowly over a week or so, went up to try 4 grams and then 6 grams, but it didn't seem to matter what dosage I took, it gave me terrible anxiety. someone suggested I try a green strain to see if it was any different. the green made me even More anxious. I was on the verge of panic and felt very uncomfortable. neither were a pleasant experience. the red helped to get rid of pain, but I'd rather be in pain than have panic attacks. so I stopped trying after about 2 weeks.

fast forward to last month, I finally saw a psychiatrist and therapist and was put on Paxil and trazodone. I was also drinking pretty much every night for April and may to calm my nerves and deal with chronic pain. I've been on the meds about 3 weeks and I've noticed a HUGE improvement. I stopped drinking every night and only drink a night or 2 of the week (and much less at one time). I drink 2 or 3 drinks instead of drinking in the middle of the day and going until bed with 4 or 6 drinks. still not a heavy drinker by some people's standards, but a lot for me.

so I had some pretty bad pain about 4 days ago, and decided to give the red Bali one more shot since I feel so much better and omg what a difference. I now know why people like kratom so much. I took 4 grams (about a teaspoon), and felt so relaxed and good. took my pain almost entirely away. made me kinda tired, but that's ok. I took 4 grams again the following day and had the same result. slept better both nights and felt amazing, but not fucked up. very enjoyable.

has anyone else had a similar experience? it's like night and day. I'm so thankful that I tried it again. from what I've read from people who use kratom and went on Paxil or another SSRI, they said the effects of the kratom were lessened. or they said the SSRI didn't affect the kratom and vice versa.

(let me add in here that I don't take any other drugs. I've been clean from everything but alcohol for 3 and a half years. I've smoked weed twice and vaped delta 8 a handful of times, but I don't take anything else. just wanted to add the information to show that no one other substances could be contributing to the change in effects.)

anyone, has anyone had a similar experience? thanks in advance for your replies.

I was hoping you'd get a response by now :( How are things these days?