• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom and meth combo

Pinkbeam

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever used kratom while high on meth?

I dont usually do other drugs while I'm using meth, but recently I used kratom while high.

I take kratom pretty frequently because I've been living a meth free life, for the most part, so I'm practiced enough to know what dosage works for me and how it's going to make me feel. I took the same amount I always take.

The outcome was horrible. My blood pressure went up and I was really hot. My body became drenched in sweat, all over. Beads of sweat were rolling down. My body got so hot, I was slightly worried. I got sick to my stomach and was really shakey feeling. I started to feel my eyelids getting heavy. I felt so awful. The effects of the kratom seemed to be amplified by ten. I felt like I took a handful of pain pills.

This has got to be a deadly combo. It really surprised me. Does anyone else have any experience with this or have any explanation why this combo made me so sick

I've mixed meth and kratom plenty of times without issues. In fact it usually helps my body relax, even if it's not as effective as benzos.
I don't know if this combo is 100% safe though, kratom hasn't been researched enough. IIRC here are a couple of documented fatalities involving the combination of kratom and modafinil, but nothing about amphetamines AFAIK.

If I take too much kratom (no meth involved) at once I get the effects you just described. I've done it a few times by mistake and usually had to lay down and try to relax untill it passes (lasts 1h max). However I think my blood pressure went down instead, did you have a blood pressure monitor to check that?

How did it happen exactly? Were you binging on meth and decided to take kratom on the comedown or did you take both at the same time? How much of each?
It could have been caused (or made worse) by dehydration, low blood sugar, lack of sleep, etc...

Last edited:
It is not a deadly combo.

Kratom can cause anxiety; maybe the stimulants enhanced this? Kratom also cause a host of other side-effects that the meth might have exacerbated.

I found that meth doesn't play nicely with a good number of other drugs (like alcohol, etc.)

Kratom varies a lot in alkaloid profile and content, it’s possible some of those alkaloids don’t play nice with meth.

OP, were you pretty familiar with this batch of kratom? Is it a more stimulating batch?

-GC

I combine adderall crashes with some kratom for relief :) I've done it basically every time I use stimulants. I think that if you are not used to kratom (it is very hard on the digestive system for someone not a frequent user) it could pose some nasty side effects. I think that your situations was more so some sort of dysphoria from kratom combined with the paranoia of meth combining together into one great dyshporic panic.

Kratom helps a lot on days I’m not using meth. I mix it in my drinks most days and it helps with the energy level as well as general mood when I’m not using that day/coming down

Wow. Thanks for all the replies guys. Much appreciated.
I take kratom almost everyday. I always buy the white kind called Thunderstruck. I always take the same amount.
I've used meth for six years so I'm pretty immune to it, too.
The night I mixed, I was binging dope but not very far along. I wasn't really feeling as high as I preferred to be so I decided to take some kratom.

I guess the meth didnt like it. It wasn't my first time mixing the two.

I would of just blown it off as a lousy buzz and wouldn't be on here asking, but the side effects I got were SO intense. I literally thought to myself that my body CANNOT get any hotter....I was that hot. It was freaky. So, i just thought I'd ask around to see if this has happened to anyone else.

I take kratom almost everyday. I always buy the white kind called Thunderstruck. I always take the same amount.
The night I mixed, I was binging dope but not very far along. I wasn't really feeling as high as I preferred to be so I decided to take some kratom.

I would of just blown it off as a lousy buzz and wouldn't be on here asking, but the side effects I got were SO intense. I literally thought to myself that my body CANNOT get any hotter....I was that hot. It was freaky. So, i just thought I'd ask around to see if this has happened to anyone else.
If I drink too much on normal days where I’m not using, I feel awful and super sick. Idk about when I’m high but definitely if you over do it normally you don’t feel amazing

That is weird. I guess it's just the nature of stimulants. Sometimes you think you're going to die but in reality your far from it.

I frequently take kratom while using methamphetamine, and actually prefer them together. Never had any problems other than nausea, and it helps to have some anticholinergics around or something like ondansetron for nausea if it occurs. I find dicyclomine (Bentyl) works well, as does promethazine. For OTC diphenhydramine can help, assuming obviously that nausea is a problem.

I've never combined kratom and meth, but it goes very nicely with caffeine and pseudoephedrine if it's a more sedating strain. Whites, especially elephant and dragon, are significantly stimulating on their own, so I'd avoid combining them with stimulants.

Oh yeah, adderall + red dragon is a very nice combination...

I should mention that kratom + stimulants can lead to some pretty nasty irritability (just ask my poor girlfriend 😫 -- though she of course doesn't know what I had been taking at the time).

I've mixed meth and kratom plenty of times without issues. In fact it usually helps my body relax, even if it's not as effective as benzos.
I don't know if this combo is 100% safe though, kratom hasn't been researched enough. IIRC here are a couple of documented fatalities involving the combination of kratom and modafinil, but nothing about amphetamines AFAIK.
... so i've lurked bluelight for over a decade, but finally I register after seeing this statement on kratom + modafinil. any sources for this? frankly i have done this combo hundreds of times (often with [meth]amphs and other things as well), and.. yeah, if anybody could point me in a direction to find such info I'd appreciate it :) also to clarify I'm not at all saying you're wrong, more that I am suddenly concerned.

... so i've lurked bluelight for over a decade, but finally I register after seeing this statement on kratom + modafinil. any sources for this? frankly i have done this combo hundreds of times (often with [meth]amphs and other things as well), and.. yeah, if anybody could point me in a direction to find such info I'd appreciate it :) also to clarify I'm not at all saying you're wrong, more that I am suddenly concerned.
To be honest I don't think it's a particularly dangerous combination. Just because a toxicology test identified kratom and modafinil in some (very few) of those fatalities doesn't mean it's a lethal mix for the average person. Other drugs have also been identified in those "kratom-related" fatalities so there isn't a clear trend here as far as I know.
If you look for tonic clonic seizures involving involving kratom and modafinil you will find a couple of cases (not many either). Although the one case I remember is about a guy who was in hydromorphone WD and experienced a seizure after taking kratom and modafinil, he didn't die though.
If you're particularly prone to seizures it's probably best to avoid this combo just in case, or at least stick to low doses at first.

In your case there's probably nothing to be worried about, regarding kratom+modafinil.
On the other hand mixing multiple stimulants at once will strain your cardiovascular system and it might be dangerous if you also mix them with a drug that lowers your seizure threshold.

I'm on my phone right now but I'll try to edit this post later if I can find the sources for those kratom-related fatalities.

Most if not all of those 'Kratom related deaths" are in fact from people mixing up a bunch of drugs and the media or whoever reports this BS misinforms intentionally or as a result of fear of a fucking tree native people have been using like americans use coffee to work in the fields as well as treat illnesses, including opium dependence.
I would say that it is bullshit and take the Kratom as usual, but being a cautious I always keep the kratom light on days I use other things. Ive used it with meth and adderall, no issues there seems to be synergy.

TL;DR
Kratom doesn't kill. You would throw up before even coming close to a harmful dose. It may not interact well with certain medications, but a lot of the deaths reported are biased and do not tell you the whole story. For example: 'Kratom kills 20 yr old man' , what they leave out: 'the fucking guy was doing fentanyl and ecstasy pills daily'

To be honest I don't think it's a particularly dangerous combination. Just because a toxicology test identified kratom and modafinil in some (very few) of those fatalities doesn't mean it's a lethal mix for the average person. Other drugs have also been identified in those "kratom-related" fatalities so there isn't a clear trend here as far as I know.
If you look for tonic clonic seizures involving involving kratom and modafinil you will find a couple of cases (not many either). Although the one case I remember is about a guy who was in hydromorphone WD and experienced a seizure after taking kratom and modafinil, he didn't die though.
If you're particularly prone to seizures it's probably best to avoid this combo just in case, or at least stick to low doses at first.

In your case there's probably nothing to be worried about, regarding kratom+modafinil.
On the other hand mixing multiple stimulants at once will strain your cardiovascular system and it might be dangerous if you also mix them with a drug that lowers your seizure threshold.

I'm on my phone right now but I'll try to edit this post later if I can find the sources for those kratom-related fatalities.
Yeah there is not much to worry about mixing kratom with most common drugs, and absolutely cannot kill you on its own.