• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Kratom (and how to quit it)

SovietHeroinHead

Greenlighter
Long story short, I got addicted to kratom after being a long time opioid / heroin user. I was working at a factory 12 hour shifts so I’d take 30 + grams every 2 hours on the 2 hours. I had no idea I was addicted until one night I decided to “wait until morning” to go re up on kratom.

that was the worst night of my life, and I’ve been a homeless drug fiend beaten within an inch of his life dying of TB, so I know shitty nights. Believe me fellow kratom users, I am with you and your pain is real. You are not over reacting. Nothing works when you don’t have Kratom and your body feels like it’s burning. It’s a living hell. You can’t sleep at night but have no energy in the day. The withdrawls never end so you just buy more kratom after a few weeks at best.

how to end it: bupenorphine.

I had no idea it would work, I expected it would just be ineffective without kratom like all other hard drugs I tried to take during kratom WDs. But it did. It literally cured my kratom dependence in a week. My symptoms are gone. I called a suboxone doctor on some all I googled and within 15 Mins my pharmacy had the script filled. I’m a new man, you can be too brother. I believe in you.

Long story short, I got addicted to kratom after being a long time opioid / heroin user. I was working at a factory 12 hour shifts so I’d take 30 + grams every 2 hours on the 2 hours. I had no idea I was addicted until one night I decided to “wait until morning” to go re up on kratom.

that was the worst night of my life, and I’ve been a homeless drug fiend beaten within an inch of his life dying of TB, so I know shitty nights. Believe me fellow kratom users, I am with you and your pain is real. You are not over reacting. Nothing works when you don’t have Kratom and your body feels like it’s burning. It’s a living hell. You can’t sleep at night but have no energy in the day. The withdrawls never end so you just buy more kratom after a few weeks at best.

how to end it: bupenorphine.

I had no idea it would work, I expected it would just be ineffective without kratom like all other hard drugs I tried to take during kratom WDs. But it did. It literally cured my kratom dependence in a week. My symptoms are gone. I called a suboxone doctor on some all I googled and within 15 Mins my pharmacy had the script filled. I’m a new man, you can be too brother. I believe in you.

Looks like you just switched drugs homie, I personally would think buprenorphine would be harder quite.

*quite a bit harder i meant 🥶

Last edited:
Glad the subs worked for you. Taking 30 grams every 2 hours on a 12 hour shift is 180 grams per shift. If you were indeed able to stomach that much kratom without throwing up all over the factory I commend you.

I have read at least half a dozen posts on here in the last month from people saying they went from kratom to subs to cure their addiction. Always seems like overkill to me instead of just doing a taper. Hope in a year or so these people aren't kicking themselves in the ass because they realize that getting off the buprenorphine is 10 times harder than tapering kratom.

Glad the subs worked for you. Taking 30 grams every 2 hours on a 12 hour shift is 180 grams per shift. If you were indeed able to stomach that much kratom without throwing up all over the factory I commend you.

I have read at least half a dozen posts on here in the last month from people saying they went from kratom to subs to cure their addiction. Always seems like overkill to me instead of just doing a taper. Hope in a year or so these people aren't kicking themselves in the ass because they realize that getting off the buprenorphine is 10 times harder than tapering kratom.
I’m really not sure how much Kratom I was taking but I say 30 grams because I did 3 big topped off tablespoons of green vein kratom (usually Malay) at once. Probably closer to 20 grams but variable since it’s by volume not weight.

I thought the sub was overkill first too but it really did almost instantly cure the acute withdrawls. I am awake this morning and feel nothing other than a small craving for bupe but absolutely no burning, suicidal ideation, delusions, hallucinations etc.

I’d be inclined to agree but as of 2 days ago I’m off the subs too

Oh I thought you meant you simply switched to buprenorphine.

On a side note I wonder how many people have experienced precipitated withdrawal from taking buprenorphine while having kratom in their system.

Oh I thought you meant you simply switched to buprenorphine.

On a side note I wonder how many people have experienced precipitated withdrawal from taking buprenorphine while having kratom in their system.

Do you think that’s even possible?

I've taken both suboxone and subutex (one in the same) with a moderately large Kratom habit(plain leaf and OPMS shots) taken everyday for years now, sometimes within an hour or so of dosing and never once experienced PW's. Not even in the slightest.
I've come to the conclusion that you can safely take subs with Kratom and not go through PW's. I've had some horrendous PW's from taking subs too early with both heroin and fentadope, so I know all about how they feel.
There even was once or twice where the subs seemed to synergize with the Kratom and gave me a boost of euphoria and overall feeling of wellbeing that Kratom on it's own couldn't seem to do.
But most times I wouldn't really feel the subs adding anything worthwhile to the "high".

Just remember taking subs while taking Kratom does seem to block most if not all of the Kratom's effect which ends up just being a waste of Kratom.
I basically tried doing this to experiment and see if there were any synergistic properties or if I could take both on top of each other since they both are partial agonists.

Taking subs for kratom is overkill.
I would highly suggest someone taper or cold turkey then that route.
No high but bupe is a very strong opioid and I don't even classify kratom as an opioid.
The other unknown alkaloids may cause the most discomfort

I found myself using kratom everyday after gettin off dope, I was good for like 3 days with nothing then decided to do some kratom and it just spiraled from there, pst helped keep the annoying minor wd away tho, just don’t use it for more than a couple days

don't even classify kratom as an opioid
Opioid just means agonist at an opioid receptor (usually people talk about the mu receptor). Kratom contains multiple compounds that do this. The terminology does not leave very much wiggle room for personal interpretation.

Do you think that’s even possible?

Never heard of anyone (or experienced myself) any PWD from taking bupe on top of kratom. Kratom is a partial agonist like bupe is, so I believe that is why.

Bupe can get you off kratom, for sure, and I have used it for that, but it's a dangerous line. The first 2 times I took bupe every other day for a week to stop kratom, I was able to stop it without withdrawals. Now, I just get bupe withdrawals and they make it seem like kratom withdrawals are just going on for 3-4 weeks... but in fact it's bupe withdrawal, which is much worse, or at least much longer lasting. I can take bupe every 3 days even, and something like gabapentin on the 3rd day, and after a couple of cycles I just start getting bupe withdrawals. But I've been on the rollercoaster a few times. My advice, stay off it all, if you start thinking about bupe as a "get out of jail free" card for bypassing withdrawal, you'll ruin it for yourself.