• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom and drug interactions

DH888

Greenlighter
Hello, I wasnt sure which forum to put this in.

I am very interested in trying kratom mainly for its affects on anxiety and chronic pain. Currently I am on Zoloft, risperdone, and clonazepam for anxiety. Will kratom react negatively with any of these? I've been finding mixed answers.

In general, how is kratom with benzos and SSRI's?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Well kratom can depress breathing, though not to a fatal point. So just be aware of that while mixing with clonazepam (also depresses breathing)... but if your body is used to the klonopin I really dont see it being an issue. Just start slow.

And yes, I think benzos and kratom go quite well together.

Well kratom can depress breathing, though not to a fatal point. So just be aware of that while mixing with clonazepam (also depresses breathing)... but if your body is used to the klonopin I really dont see it being an issue. Just start slow.

And yes, I think benzos and kratom go quite well together.

Yea, Ive been taking clonazepam for probably 10 years. It helps with my anxiety very well, but my body is def used to it. I only take about 1-1.5 mg of klonpin a day.

In my ten years of kratom use (addiction) and regular use of benzos (for most of the years) I have found benzos and kratom to mix just fine.i have not gotten any worrying health effects.

I don't imagine the combo to be risky for depressed breathing. I would definitely worry if using a barbiturate, but not a benzo.