• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom and antibiotics (doxy)

Jack123456

Bluelighter
Hey,

I'm currently tapering Kratom (at about 6g/night right now) and I've just been prescribed a 20day course of doxycycline 200mg. I'm aware that there is no definite.answer and that there are interindividual differences but I was just wondering whether anyone had experiences with this combo and whether they experienced it to be compatible.

I think I've taken Kratom with abx before, it might even have been doxy but I can't remeber exactly (definately took doxy before and had no side effects besides blowing my gut out due to the stupidity of drinking crazily on it one night and mixing it with ibuprofen against the headache).

I mean the safest bet would be to kick the Krat but I'm feeling good with my slow reduction right now (and rather want to reduce/use discontinually than quit in total). Also, I'm in a stressfull patch right now and.need my concentration.

I've have taken kratom with other antibiotics in the tetracycline class, I forgot why I had to take them though. I experienced no negative effects from the combination, and the kratom helped with the diarrhea associated with the antibiotic. Just my experience though. Others may have different stories.

Ok, yeah all I've found was a reddit thread in which a handful people reported no adverse events.
I suppose I'll just take it and continue with reducing. Am at 6g in 3x2g doses now (only in the evening). I'll take the doxy in the morning. 6 g/d is not that big of an amount anyway I suppose (was at 15-20+/day before I started reducing it - although probably more towards the 20+ since I'm surprised now how little of an amount 2 or 3 g are, seeing as I had no scales before and just measured roughly in teaspoons :) ).

Thanks for the reply! Although if anyone has any experiences to share, I'd be glad to hear them :)

You should be good to go! By no means are we medical professionals, but from experience, antibiotics never interfered or interacted with Suboxone, Oxycodone, Fentanyl, or Kratom. The antibiotics are most important right now so take the full amount even after you feel better! Good luck