• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Kratom analgesia

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
How would you guys rate kratoms level of analgesia? Curious. 1-10

Morphine being 10... Aspirin being 1

I would say... 3/4?

Definitely more than 3 or 4 on that scale, but kratom certainly produces an incomplete analgesia compared to other opioids. In some cases i find it worsens pain or causes headaches.

That said I am a poor judge as I don't suffer from chronic pain so its hard for me to gauge the analgesic effects.

Apparently people with chronic pain use so it clearly has effective pain relieving properties. Perhaps better are its anxiolytic and antidepressant qualities.

If you take say 240mg of mitragynine in liquid extract form (like two OPMS liquid shots) it sort of feels like you've taken 20-30mg of hydrocodone. I would imagine this would correspond to pretty strong analgesic efficacy.

Yeah I don't have chronic pain either.

Kratom is great for hangovers and I also found it to help when I broke my toe

depends on the kind of pain, I think. My good friend who I did a detox cabin retreat with for a month this summer went back on kratom after a while when we got back, because he says it totally eliminates his chronic low grade back pain. Without it, he takes 800mg of ibuprofen 4 times a day, and it still bothers him. It's not really severe pain but it's the kind of pain he can't ignore and it makes his quality of life worse. He says that kratom makes it disappear entirely so he wants to stay on it.

Personally I don't notice a lot of analgesia from it, unless I've taken a lot of it, then it can make me kind numb (and reduce sensation in my skin too).