• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom an then phenibut

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
I've just received 10g of phenibut I want to try is it safe to take with kratom which I take 3g twice a day of but does not seem to subduing my anxiety it could be bunk kratom bit not sure as some days my anxiety is better than others. I do know you have to take like 1g of phenibut every orthday so just need to know if my kratom usage will interfere with it. Thanks

It's generally safe to use together in low/safe doses. I never had any issue.

Take care with phenibut. Do not take large doses. Do not take it every day. It takes several hours to take effect which might lead to compulsive redosing (don't).

Phenibut effects last well over 24 hours, taking it several days in a row may lead to a cumulative overdose which is quite unpleasant and potentially dangerous mixed with other downers.

Phenibut itself can be quite taxing on the liver, which should be noted. Phenibut addiction is severe and should be avoided at all cost.

Personally I have had acute liver damage scare which sent me to the hospital. Heavy use of kratom and phenibut were involved with that, but there were other things I took as well which I put most of the blame on. Can't say for sure how much the kratom and phenibut were involved.

But in low doses you should be OK.

As snafu said, phenibut has a very long half-life as does the kratom. Besides both drugs being depressant in nature there is no receptor interactions. Kratom acts on mu and kappa opioid receptors along with serotonin and adrenaline. The phenibut acts on GABA receptors. Both are habit forming drugs so I wouldn't recommend taking any one drug in a row for too long (to avoid addiction and tolerance). Start slow and taper up into you feel the effect desired and you should be fine.

Best wishes

I was just gonna write a post about an extract I saw at the head hop that was "red" with phenibut. it was more expensive than all of the kratom products, but I wasn't sure about taking something like phenibut daily. I usually take kratom 3 or 4 times a week, maybe more if I'm in real pain. I would rather use kratom than pain meds. ox's and hydro's make me too sick to my stomach to enjoy. I used to LOVE dilauded, but I've been clean for a little over 3.5 years and I won't go back to abusing opiates.

from what I've read (which could be wrong), phenibut is a central nervous system depressant with anti-anxiety properties. I've known this category to be addictive...big time.

You are correct in your readings, Phenibut can be habit-forming, therefore most people don't use it on days back-to-back or more than a few days a week. Tolerance also builds rather quickly in my own experience.

i dont think 10g will cause any wd issue. try dosing 1.3 or so gr.at a go and plan ahead for a possitive "experience" arounf others in a busy atmosphere.
i used to dose every three for days for years. 1-1.5g (1.5 was my spot). ;)
can def be a problem if abused.
just sayin
peace