• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Kratom, an Addict’s Alternative, Is Found to Be Addictive Itself

I find kratom to be mildly addictive but I've had prior opioid dependencies. The effects are okay, nothing great, and i get more side effects than traditional opiates. I do prefer it to alcohol though for managing my addiction(s). I will use it most days though if I have it. Definitely not that addictive though. Not something you fuck your life up for at least. As an aging druggie though, I prefer a milder buzz than I used to.

I think its great for a mood lift not so great for anxiety. sometimes i find it to be anxiogenic almost and sometimes it can make me feel sick. not very fiendish though which is a plus. withdrawals are mild. tianeptine on the other hand can be fiendish as fuck and the withdrawals are pretty terrible even after short term use.

The opiate buzz is pretty mild but my girl can tell within seconds that im on some sort of opioid. bummer.

As far as it getting banned, I think its an issue of flagrancy. When people are selling it all over the place out in the open it draws attention. Its been on the DEA's watch list for at least five years so its not like they don't know about it tho.They had a special on the news about it denver not too long ago where heroin is a major problem. but people being greedy and making dangerous extracts that people can OD on is going to be the nail in the coffin.

I hate it though when they ban plants and trees. its so ridiculous. hopefully things stay the way they are but once they realize were not buying as much booze because of it, kratom is done.

re: malaysia - four years in prison for kratom?!!? 8(

re: malaysia - four years in prison for kratom?!!?
People get flogged for getting convicted of dealing drugs in Malaysia, so i'm not so shocked to read that - crazy and fucked-up as it is.

When I first tried kratom I looked for the cheapest deal. Then I ordered my normal half kilo oneday and was convinced it was ground up seaweed. So I used the expensive but obviously best company for a long time and spent over a hundred a month. Then one day I dug the old half kilo of Horned out of the freezer, and to my surprise, it pinned my pupils and my pain vanished for about 4 hours. So I'm back to the cheap bulk place. Ordered some today :) Nowadays I take1 or 2 teaspoons daily.
I would much rather be on kratom than H or fentanyl. That is what's going around my town. And 60 dollars a day on kratom drinks?! If people knew better they would buy online and that $60 would easily last 2 weeks. For me I can get by on just 4 grams a day so with the right vendor, $60 could last me a month if not longer. It keeps me from buying pain pills or dope and I'm ok with that for now.

Kratom w/ds are NOT THAT BAD, and last like 2 days, and you are still able to funtion. Wtf is floridas problem with kratom and kava kava...if people wanna drink some nasty shit that's not that bad anc chill on the beach I really don't see a problem,better than drinking all day at the beach...It helped me for a LITTLE bit staying off pills, but I didn't wanna quit so just started back,now on Subs(still don't wanna quit, but trying..different story), and god I wish the kratom woulda worked for me staying off shit,lol. And from what I understand Kratom is not on top of the list for the goverment to really ban it(or I hope not, cuz I was gonna use it whenever I decide to taper off the subs, if thats ever, or I just end up on done'. Isn't florida where that quack doctor was that put somebody on Subs for a kratom habbit(WTF?) just remember there being a video/story on it here but thats like....wtf is floridas problem with kratom for real. That girl was probly fucked outta her mind for a bit from the bupe,lol... "Oh I gotta kratom habbit, i take too much sometimes and it hurts my stomach" bitch was probly feelin AWESOME after that switch... 'ya, these subs make me feel sooo much better than kratom!" Just makes me laugh. But these articles pop up once in a blue moon and it's always about these damn tiki kratom/kava bars in florida on the beach.

People get flogged for getting convicted of dealing drugs in Malaysia, so i'm not so shocked to read that - crazy and fucked-up as it is.

They get HUNG for selling weed sometimes.

Ever see the movie Return to Paradise with Vince Vaughn and Joachim Phoenix??

Malaysia and Indonesia have probably THE worst drug laws in the entire world.

Yeah, they're amongst them.
Asia generally has a pretty scary legal attitude towards drug offences.

Kratom, along with phenibut, has improved my quality of life dramatically. For me it works as an effective anti-depressant and his improved my quality of life dramatically.

Kratom, along with phenibut, has improved my quality of life dramatically. For me it works as an effective anti-depressant and his improved my quality of life dramatically.

Yeah it's really great stuff and Phenibut is also quite effective.

I wish Kratom wasn't addictive and didn't keep me up at night if I take it too late otherwise I'd pretty much take it almost every single day.

I think it can really be used effectively as medication for both physical and mental illnesses.

I like kratom a lot too. It's definitely one of the best drugs I've discovered, when safety, drug practicality, legal status & quality of psychoactive effects are all taken into account.

I discovered it about 10 years ago and didn't think a whole lot of it. It was before I started with heroin though. Poppy aeeds helped me abstain from that and then kratom replaced the hole the poppy left.

It's a godsend for ooiate addicts and much less harmful. Magnitudes less harmful, almost benign. I replaced illegal drugs with exercise and with the kratom/phenibut combo my life is quite normal and I've stabilized finally. I've pushed my running workouts up to 8 miles and I drink very rarely now and hardly touch other drugs.