• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Addiction

ThatOneDude!

Bluelighter
Hey guys, so my apologies if this thread comes off as redundant, but I am having trouble finding a direct answer.
So lately I have been recklessly abusing Kratom and Phenibut this week. First week using both substances actually. I love phenibut and know a lot about that already, and am realizing being the 4th day in a row using phenibut, the health risks i've exposed myself too and the rate of onset of addiction with it.

Kratom I am lacking a little bit of info on the addiction side. I have been using approximately 8 grams to get a strong buzz of White or Red Maeng Da. I dose (8g) up to 5 times a day! I am aware that this is only heading for addiction. But how fast does Kratom addiction start? Like is a week binge going to get me heavily addicted physically? or maybe just moderately addicted mentally? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

No one can really tell you how quickly you'll become addicted. You should really quit while you're ahead. 40 g/day is a huge amount

No one can really tell you how quickly you'll become addicted. You should really quit while you're ahead. 40 g/day is a huge amount

I strongly agree with S_M except for the part about being ahead, which I only mildly agree with. Being ahead is relative. You certainly are not ahead of where you were before you began consuming insane amounts of kratom.

I'm not here to judge as I'm not in a position to. I have my own demons. Actually I've been taking bupe regularly for years. I take .5 to 1 mg per day and am considering tapering further and then using kratom to help with any PAWS once I jump. Please report back as your experience would be helpful. Best of luck.

Of course being ahead is relative. That one dude has only been using the kratom for a few days in a row, so it's very possible he'll only have little to no phyisical WD. To clarify, he should quit now because it will become more difficult the longer he waits.

Also, you might be able to spread you're dosing out far enough that you won't become physically dependent, but there's still a very real possibility that you'll become psychologically dependent. It's not uncommon for people to start out with this mindset that you'll be able to control your dosing, but psychological addiction can really creep up on you. The psychological aspect of addiction is an insidious part that often precedes physical dependence.

IMO, however, I would be more concerned about the phenibut. I've never had a phenibut habit, but I've read that the WD can be among the worse you can experience. If anything, I highly reccomend that you quit the phenibut and use it once a week max. The fact that you've fallen into daily use is a an indicator that you might need to drop altogether, though.

There's also some extra information that might really help us give me out better advice. Are you using these substances just for recreation, or are you using them to treat a physical or mental illness? Do you have any history of drug abuse or addiction? We might be able to give you some helpful alternatives to continuing to use the phenibut and kratom if we know a little more about your situation

yeah so I'ma get some Kava for Pheni tolerance and take pheni like once a week at most. Kratom on the other hand... It is purely recreational and I have NO clue why i gave you guys those numbers of what i'm doing a day, lol, I am doing about 10g total each day. lol much different than 40 haha. but still I have an addictive personality, and really my main concerns are with the physical dependence side of kratom. psychologically i'm sure i'm already addicted.

The dependance to Kratom is really easy to built and to feel some w/ds. For me its pretty similar to opiates. As well as the withdrawals. Careful with it. Daily use for weeks leads to physical dependance. Never tried phenibut. Firts time Ive read about it. I took GABA supplements before but don't think it can cause addiction and w/d. Keep safe.