• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Kpins addiction, I need help.

Louis225

Greenlighter
Hi. So I’ve been following blue light for a long time but this is my first time ever posting. So forgive me if this is not the place to post this but I’m Hoping to maybe find some help. I’ll try and start from the beginning... so I’ve done just about everything except heroine and was a heavy user of molly, white, xans (especially xans) and anything in between. I got “cleanish” about 2 years ago. Cleanish meaning that I have done a zero uppers in the last two years with the occasional perc, xan and kpins. Which brings me to the reason I’m writing this today. I stopped doing drugs two sum years ago because I over dosed on a mixture of xans coke and whatever else my dumbass was doing for the two week period of time leading up to my overdose. ( I have no memory of it). When I woke up and started seeing a doctor he prescribed me 3mg kpin Dailey. That was at least two years ago (i really can’t remember how long exactly it’s been my memory is completely fucked) anyway I’ve been on that dose for awhile now and I’m finally coming to a time that he’s trying to cut me back. I’ve gone from 3mg Dailey to 2mg Dailey and he’s due to cut me back to 1mg In about 3 months. I’m very worried I’ll go back to the Xanax when he cuts me to a point I can’t bear. Any input would be appreciated. Sorry for long rambley post , I have been drinking a lot lately due to being cut back the 1mg and seem to be drunk every day. shich is probably another thing I should’ve mentioned. I’ve been drinking heavily for a year or more now and even more heavily lately. I’m drunk as I type this...

Thank you. Have a great day.

tapering off benzos is made much, much worse by drinking.

is he taking you down 1mg every three months? he almost has the idea, but not quite. you can help him out. drop yourself .25 every three weeks. should give you some left over, which is good because you’ll want the drops to be even smaller going from 1mg to none.

is he taking you down 1mg every three months? he almost has the idea, but not quite. you can help him out. drop yourself .25 every three weeks. should give you some left over, which is good because you’ll want the drops to be even smaller going from 1mg to none.
I’m on 1 mg pills so I can’t taper myself like that. I’ve thought about that. Also note to this day I still have a hard time controlling myself. Normally when. My script is filled I’ll take 10-12mg and get high. Then either buy more or go 1mg a day. But yes it seems his plan his to take me down 1mg every 3 months. Thank you for the reply. Sorry if it doesn’t make much sense.

In Australia Rivitril make 2mg and 0.5mg clonazepam tablets. Both have + break lines for 1/4's. If 0.5's are available in your country it might help to ask for them when you get down to that stage.

Im on 2x2mg daily and was shattered when seeing my GP recently. The health departments suspended him from prescribing benzodiazepines so first time in over a decade he couldn't give me my diazepam and clonazepam scripts.

The shit thing is he has never written a single oxycontin script ever in his 32 years of being a GP.

Restless leg syndrome sucks.

In Australia Rivitril make 2mg and 0.5mg clonazepam tablets. Both have + break lines for 1/4's. If 0.5's are available in your country it might help to ask for them when you get down to that stage.

Im on 2x2mg daily and was shattered when seeing my GP recently. The health departments suspended him from prescribing benzodiazepines so first time in over a decade he couldn't give me my diazepam and clonazepam scripts.

The shit thing is he has never written a single oxycontin script ever in his 32 years of being a GP.

Restless leg syndrome sucks.

So you were forced to cold turkey from 2mgs twice a day? That sounds dangerous unless I'm reading that wrong.

Your correct. I have sources some benzos illegally but still have gone basically cold turkey. I have experienced this before and while not pleasant at all, I know what to expect. Im just taking 5-10mg a day of diazepam so withdraws arnt completely cold turkey but down from (15mg Diazepam and 4mg clonazepam) to 10mg diaz literly over night sucks.

I will go and see another GP when the anxiety levels drop a bit.

OP with that time frame for tapering down you should be okay. Just remember to eat ( an empty stomach makes anxiety even worse)

The health department in Australia is pathetic. From my GP's own words "They are a bunch of burocratic arseholes who have never had a patient base and have no concern about the well being of patients. They just look at figures and charts"

/\ That's fucked up.

OP, you should ask your doctor to taper you down slower, like drops no bigger than .5mgs although .25 would be better especially at the end. Dropping by 1mg is likely to cause unnecessary suffering imo, especially going from 1mg to 0. Also, adding alcohol to the situation is probably going to make things worse.

I beat Clonazepam by making tiny adjustments to my dose, like 0.25mg every other day, providing they're 2mg tablets.

Just break the pill in half and only take half when you feel like it

Drink 100% Grapefruit juice. It has a strong effect on benzos (and many other pills). I have had a problem with benzos for years. And lately I've been trying to make my script last me longer (the whole month if I'm LUCKY) nothing works as good as grapefruit juice. Idk why. But it works. Say I only have 2mg of xan or a 4mg of kpins. If I want to get high. I will pop the pills and down an entire glass of the juice. Sit back and you will notice that you feel like you took double the amount you actually did. Sorry for the long comment. I'm stoned. Hope it helps!

Drink 100% Grapefruit juice. It has a strong effect on benzos (and many other pills). I have had a problem with benzos for years. And lately I've been trying to make my script last me longer (the whole month if I'm LUCKY) nothing works as good as grapefruit juice. Idk why. But it works. Say I only have 2mg of xan or a 4mg of kpins. If I want to get high. I will pop the pills and down an entire glass of the juice. Sit back and you will notice that you feel like you took double the amount you actually did. Sorry for the long comment. I'm stoned. Hope it helps!

Firstly, the OP is actually trying to reduce his usage, so let's not focus on potentiation for now.

OP, as Hydro has said, you do not want to be drinking Alcohol while trying to titrate downward. It's only going to add to your tolerance as, and this is over-simplifying, Benzodiazepines are Alcohol in a pill. They work on the same receptors and cause many of the same effects. Basically, we can help you along the way however is needed, but Benzodiazepine withdrawal is a long-road to travel. Luckily you will not have to travel it alone.

My advice, like it is for everyone in this predicament, is to find out what, if any drugs aside from sedative/hypnotics are going to provide you comfort and functionality throughout this process without compounding your dependency. Some examples that I myself would reach for first.

Gabapentinoids - Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Lyrica (Pregabalin)
- These seem to provide a lot of relief to a lot of people withdrawing and should not contribute to the length of your withdrawal. They should be fairly easy to get and Pregabalin has just recently become available as a generic, so it is not quite as prohibitively expensive. Anxiolysis, energy etc.

Clonidine (Catapres) - This is a hallmark of withdrawal maintenance for a variety of substances. It is a medication designed to lower blood pressure. It can help provide minor relief from some of the physical symptoms like racing/pounding heart. Also great for sleep.

Cannabis - Appetite stimulation, sleep induction, anxiolysis. Although some folks find it can worsen their experience. I would recommend oral use as opposed to smoking as I believe the rapid onset is often what causes a lot of the anxiety.

Many others! We are happy to help you along the entire process, Hit me or anyone else you trust up for help anytime. We are typically a compassionate bunch. :)

/\ That's fucked up.

OP, you should ask your doctor to taper you down slower, like drops no bigger than .5mgs although .25 would be better especially at the end. Dropping by 1mg is likely to cause unnecessary suffering imo, especially going from 1mg to 0. Also, adding alcohol to the situation is probably going to make things worse.
these posts are really accurate

So firstly, you mention he's trying to do a rather FAST taper on you, thats not very fair so, i think you should and while not trying to sound 'drug seeking' tell him how you honestly feel, that more or less... theyre helping you (i don't know if youre close enough to tell him about the drinking, if you suspect he'd get agitated then maybe don't, but I have personally expressed to my doctor once upon a time when i was drinking quite heavily, to give you an example, i could finish a rum bottle in an hour, and go for more, my routine was get smashed, cook food eat, continue getting smashed till i'd finally think its bed time, wake up, immediately make food cause my stomach would be out of whack from alcohol, make a coffee with some honey-whiskey in it or maple-whiskey, i do kinda miss those morning coffees, long story short, i drank alot but i was never exactly psychologically addicted to the drink, it was more somthing that made the day smoother so i didn't mind. at one point however, i brought it up with my doctor and told him that i was drinking to essentially cope with everything, told him how much i was drinking, (my doc relation ship did span over 20 years) so he instructed me that if i wanted to cut down, to taper my alcohol use first (i was consuming no less than a Litre of hard liquor a day) so i simply stopped indulging so often, there is a readjust period similar to what happens when you're withdrawing from stimulants, theres days where you feel simply 'off' but thats just the body and brain finding a new balance, and at some point tell him you'd like medication to help you, you'll probably get told as i did, 'fine, but you can't continue drinking especially on the medication' and i was rx'd 6x1mg/day kpin, which i got him to up it to 8mg, but the thing is, you're drinking and taking benzos, this is the opposite of what you should be doing.

you need to get a plan together, you don't really want to go back to eating xans etc, ok. so its cleanup time, you don't have to GIVE UP drinking, or any drug for that matter, but you can't indulge so regularly, once or twice a week is fine, but the body gets very accustomed to downers etc, so once you're able to withdraw from them is when it gets iffy, you'll most likely have some form of wd from the booze, but the benzos are supposed to be there to help that, and keep potential lethal effects at bay, and it's not neccesarily easy to be tapered, i do know this but you should be honest with your doctor if the taper is too quick, tell him you're experiencing anxiety, and it's making you drink which you don't want to do, it'll perhaps persuade him to find a 'maintainable' dose that both of you agree on
doctors aren't robots, you can discuss everything in detail, but he won't be pleased with the booze, they never are so tell him its because its aiding your anxiety or what not, because it seems like thats whats going on, cut back on the booze, because benzos are rx'd for those that are trying to quit drinking and eliminate 'alcoholism' from your life, and benzos do this effectively however and i'll quote my doctor on this 'They are more or less alcohol in a pill' which is probably why the doc wants to cut you down, 3mg isn't too high, so atleast you have that in your favor, but at the same time 3mg sounds like is helping and getting less isn't so this is a topic you need to discuss, you can be honest with your doctor if you think he can handle it, maybe don't tell him you've been boozing it out for so long, i think itd be fine to tell him you've noticed yourself starting to drink occasionally, and that lowering your kpin dose isn't good, but that you think you need to still use the medication because and this is somthing you have to really insist on, THE MEDICATION HELPS. i'm sure the doctor will understand and take a different approach to your care. Below, keif suggested a great medication that might help you, when i wrote about abit aswell,
abapentinoids - Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Lyrica (Pregabalin)
- These seem to provide a lot of relief to a lot of people withdrawing and should not contribute to the length of your withdrawal. They should be fairly easy to get and Pregabalin has just recently become available as a generic, so it is not quite as prohibitively expensive. Anxiolysis, energy etc.

keif suggested a great medication that could aid, you can definately tell your doc you did some research and think that pregabalin might help you, he'll probably start you off on Gabapentin since its not as strong, but you should insist on the next visit the switch to pregab, i'll always advocate pregabalin, with one warning. Tolerance to pregabalin builds extroardinarily quick, so use it as sparingly as you can, but seems like it would fit this issue perfectly and it'll make tapering off benzos much easier.

May i also reccomend the easier to obtain 'Phenibut' dosed right, i'm not experienced with it that much so you can research that as an alternative gabapentinoid. but Gabapentinoids in general should not be dismissed as they have alot of benefits and potential for quite abit and can in some cases make plenty of types of withdrawal easy or easier. it definately aids in the psychological wd, it'll help with the anxiety, and 'off' feelings that you'll experience.

I hope you get better and stay mostly healthy - i wrote quite a detailed bit... i'm rather ampd right now but my intentions are good :)
stay safe, try not to mix benzos and liquor too much it can't end great if you overdo it
~Zonxx

Hi. So I’ve been following blue light for a long time but this is my first time ever posting. So forgive me if this is not the place to post this but I’m Hoping to maybe find some help. I’ll try and start from the beginning... so I’ve done just about everything except heroine and was a heavy user of molly, white, xans (especially xans) and anything in between. I got “cleanish” about 2 years ago. Cleanish meaning that I have done a zero uppers in the last two years with the occasional perc, xan and kpins. Which brings me to the reason I’m writing this today. I stopped doing drugs two sum years ago because I over dosed on a mixture of xans coke and whatever else my dumbass was doing for the two week period of time leading up to my overdose. ( I have no memory of it). When I woke up and started seeing a doctor he prescribed me 3mg kpin Dailey. That was at least two years ago (i really can’t remember how long exactly it’s been my memory is completely fucked) anyway I’ve been on that dose for awhile now and I’m finally coming to a time that he’s trying to cut me back. I’ve gone from 3mg Dailey to 2mg Dailey and he’s due to cut me back to 1mg In about 3 months. I’m very worried I’ll go back to the Xanax when he cuts me to a point I can’t bear. Any input would be appreciated. Sorry for long rambley post , I have been drinking a lot lately due to being cut back the 1mg and seem to be drunk every day. shich is probably another thing I should’ve mentioned. I’ve been drinking heavily for a year or more now and even more heavily lately. I’m drunk as I type this...

Thank you. Have a great day.

Can you be honest with your doctor? If you're drinking all the time now to help ease anxiety, your doctor's tapering schedule is not working and needs to be changed. Does your doctor know about the drinking problem? You're physically dependent on alcohol now right?

Firstly, the OP is actually trying to reduce his usage, so let's not focus on potentiation for now.

OP, as Hydro has said, you do not want to be drinking Alcohol while trying to titrate downward. It's only going to add to your tolerance as, and this is over-simplifying, Benzodiazepines are Alcohol in a pill. They work on the same receptors and cause many of the same effects. Basically, we can help you along the way however is needed, but Benzodiazepine withdrawal is a long-road to travel. Luckily you will not have to travel it alone.

My advice, like it is for everyone in this predicament, is to find out what, if any drugs aside from sedative/hypnotics are going to provide you comfort and functionality throughout this process without compounding your dependency. Some examples that I myself would reach for first.

Gabapentinoids - Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Lyrica (Pregabalin)

Clonidine (Catapres) - This is a hallmark of withdrawal maintenance for a variety of substances. It is a medication designed to lower blood pressure. It can help provide minor relief from some of the physical symptoms like racing/pounding heart. Also great for sleep.

Cannabis - Appetite stimulation, sleep induction, anxiolysis. Although some folks find it can worsen their experience. I would recommend oral use as opposed to smoking as I believe the rapid onset is often what causes a lot of the anxiety.

Many others! We are happy to help you along the entire process, Hit me or anyone else you trust up for help anytime. We are typically a compassionate bunch. :)
I understand that. What I was saying is that if he drink the juice with one pill. It will make feel like he took 2. Therefore reducing his kpin intake while still feeling like he took more.