• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Klonopin withdrawal help needed

BosanacX

Greenlighter
Hi. Is there any medication or anything, by prescription or not, to help Klonopin withdrawal? I was on Kpin for 15 years on high doses and I am not going off cold turkey but I reached tolerance and it is a really rough ride.
I get severe anxiety, rage, fears, depersonalization, depression/anhedonia, and more. Is there anything that can at least lessen the symptoms? (except opioids and amphetamines because I successfully quit those 2). Doctors have been useless so far.

Thanks.

Hi. Is there any medication or anything, by prescription or not, to help Klonopin withdrawal? I was on Kpin for 15 years on high doses and I am not going off cold turkey but I reached tolerance and it is a really rough ride.
I get severe anxiety, rage, fears, depersonalization, depression/anhedonia, and more. Is there anything that can at least lessen the symptoms? (except opioids and amphetamines because I successfully quit those 2). Doctors have been useless so far.

Thanks.

Hey..

It sort of depends where you're from. I'm in Australia and ended up in ICU last year with alcohol toxicity after being cut off my benzos without warning (thanks to the law getting stricter and stricter on doctors).

I simply couldn't cope with cold turkey and alcohol is so easy and cheap to get, so I drank myself into hospital (again).

Others here will have a better idea because we just do not have anything much besides alcohol to fall back on if doctors won't help and you have no black market sources.

Hang in there..

Abbey xx

To the original Poster- Define what you mean specifically by "High Doses" of clonazepam. Are we talking 3 mg? or are we talking more like 6? Higher?

Wish you sucess man.Clonopins are strong.Doc.advice often change to diazepam and tapper.that_s all i know.Have used them inly two-three times

Seroquel and Lyrica are surprisingly effective at reducing benzo withdrawal....in fact even just seroquel nearly nullified my withdrawal while I was getting off my prescription benzos....now however I realize that seroquel abd Lyrica are just as addictive as benzos (doctors will prescribe equally risky drugs as long they aren't controlled substances at the moment).
But they definitely helped me....
Now I try to only take brnzos a couple times a week and the seroquel +Lyrica a couple times a week and don't take anything fir the 3 day break in between dosing sleeping meds.
I feel thsts my safest option....I'm sorry your going through this I know how rough it can be!

I have been taking kpin for about 15 years. But not always every day. The last several years I would take anywhere from 2 to 6 mg usually every 2-3 days. For the last 4 days I've been taking 3mg every day and after 3 weeks I intend to go lower.
But is 3 mg a good dose to start the taper in my case once per day ???????
And also, besides Seroquel and Lyrica, does anything else help the withdrawal symptoms?

Thanks.

PS. I've always been prescribed this. So did my brother but he is in severe withdrawal where 3 mg doesn't do anything. He went to the hospital they put him on 10 mg of diazepam lol. Didn't help.

Seroquel and Lyrica are surprisingly effective at reducing benzo withdrawal....in fact even just seroquel nearly nullified my withdrawal while I was getting off my prescription benzos....now however I realize that seroquel abd Lyrica are just as addictive as benzos (doctors will prescribe equally risky drugs as long they aren't controlled substances at the moment).
But they definitely helped me....
Now I try to only take brnzos a couple times a week and the seroquel +Lyrica a couple times a week and don't take anything fir the 3 day break in between dosing sleeping meds.
I feel thsts my safest option....I'm sorry your going through this I know how rough it can be!
what dose of kpin were u on and what dose of seroquel and lyrica?

BTW, when I take my 3 mg I don't feel better EVERY time I take it. I felt better last 3 days not today............

I have been taking kpin for about 15 years. But not always every day. The last several years I would take anywhere from 2 to 6 mg usually every 2-3 days. For the last 4 days I've been taking 3mg every day and after 3 weeks I intend to go lower.
But is 3 mg a good dose to start the taper in my case once per day ???????
And also, besides Seroquel and Lyrica, does anything else help the withdrawal symptoms?

Thanks.

PS. I've always been prescribed this. So did my brother but he is in severe withdrawal where 3 mg doesn't do anything. He went to the hospital they put him on 10 mg of diazepam lol. Didn't help.
Hey man

3mg is a good starting dose but you'll want to take that 2-3 times daily, every 8 hours is ideal. So 1mg at 8am, 1mg at 4pm, and 1mg at 12am.

50mg Seroquel is good for sleep but don't take any more than that since it doesn't increase sedation and causes weight gain

Lyrica is really good 600-900mg daily during withdrawal will help immensely

Clonidine if blood pressure and pulse are consistently high

Kava is also very good but if you're in withdrawal you will need large amounts

Other than that there's really not much that will help

OTC supplements are mostly useless during benzodiazepine withdrawal

I hate to tell you this, but I recently went through something kind of similar, I withdrawed from 6 mg daily of alprazolam(xanax) that was prescribed to me by a Dr. I will be honest, this is about slowly cutting down your doses and accepting that you can only minimize the withdrawals. There's just no easy way to get off daily benzodiazepines(or semi daily use of a long half life benzodiazepine like clonazepam). I wish you the best of luck my friend, and I will say this, there were times when I was withdrawing from similar benzo doses where I thought my symptoms were permanent, but I'm(mostly) recovered today. The most benzos I've been prescribed since 2018 is 0.5mg 1x a day 30 tabs(clonazepam). and that was brief last summer under extraordinary circumstances. I sometimes to this day take 0.5-1mg of clonazepam on bad days, and maybe even a little more often lately due to availability and stress. but man, you have to respect these drugs and be careful w/ them. Benzo withdrawal is some serious shit and its the only withdrawal that ever made me fear for my life, I got off of 6 mg daily of Xanax by going through hell of varying physical intensities for at least 3 months and a continued mental hell that lasted about a year...maybe a little longer. It's do-able, but it's hard.
Disclaimer: These are my experiences only, Don't live this life, it's hard and it takes a toll on not just you, but those you love.

what dose of kpin were u on and what dose of seroquel and lyrica?
I was alternating benzos so almost never took the same one every week but it got so bad I was taking roughly the equivalent of 100mg og diazepam per day.... I think thst may be equivalent to 5 or 10mg clonazepam per day but I'd have to check the benzo equivalency chart.
I ended up just going cold turkey for a week (which is dangerous and NOT recommended).
That week the maybe even 10 days was rough then I started with just 25mg seroquel then the next day 50mg seroquel abd felt much much better by the time I took my 2nd dose.
The Lyrica was prescribed a week later.
Now I'm taking 100mg seroquel and 100mg Lyrica twice a week and benzos twice a week with a 3 day break in between when I take nothing.
I only ever used benzos and anything like that for extreme insomnia ....never ever took them recreationally.
So far (through this whole year) I've felt much healthier and grounded than when I was taking something every night for sleep but I'm still aiming to titrate my dosage down to as little as possible or even to the point of not needing them hopefully.

Hey man

3mg is a good starting dose but you'll want to take that 2-3 times daily, every 8 hours is ideal. So 1mg at 8am, 1mg at 4pm, and 1mg at 12am.

50mg Seroquel is good for sleep but don't take any more than that since it doesn't increase sedation and causes weight gain

Lyrica is really good 600-900mg daily during withdrawal will help immensely

Clonidine if blood pressure and pulse are consistently high

Kava is also very good but if you're in withdrawal you will need large amounts

Other than that there's really not much that will help

OTC supplements are mostly useless during benzodiazepine withdrawal
Why is 3x 1mg better than 3mg once?

Is gabapentin good instead of lyrica?

How much kava and what kind? (powder)? Thanks man

I was alternating benzos so almost never took the same one every week but it got so bad I was taking roughly the equivalent of 100mg og diazepam per day.... I think thst may be equivalent to 5 or 10mg clonazepam per day but I'd have to check the benzo equivalency chart.
I ended up just going cold turkey for a week (which is dangerous and NOT recommended).
That week the maybe even 10 days was rough then I started with just 25mg seroquel then the next day 50mg seroquel abd felt much much better by the time I took my 2nd dose.
The Lyrica was prescribed a week later.
Now I'm taking 100mg seroquel and 100mg Lyrica twice a week and benzos twice a week with a 3 day break in between when I take nothing.
I only ever used benzos and anything like that for extreme insomnia ....never ever took them recreationally.
So far (through this whole year) I've felt much healthier and grounded than when I was taking something every night for sleep but I'm still aiming to titrate my dosage down to as little as possible or even to the point of not needing them hopefully.
You did a lot of diazepams man. I never used kpin recreationally either but since I have severe anxiety disorder and trauma I had to take it. I hope you get better soon

I have some additional questions so I'll ask them here instead of making a new thread.
Both my brother and I are in the same boat with withdrawal but why is it that he feels zero relief when he takes his 3mg which he started yesterday? He was also taking 1 - 5 mg but not always every day.

2, Has anyone used watter taper with klonopin? I heard it actually helps the withdrawals.

3. Would it be safe for me to start gabapentin if I have a history of abusing it (I used mega doses and felt fucked up for a year in 2018)

4. Is it OK to skip a day of klonopin use during withdrawal IF I CAN?

I get many withdrawal symptoms if I try cold turkey but the worst ones are depression, depersonalization, restlessnes or akathisia and fear with rage. I hope I can minimize those symptoms by slow taper.

Why is 3x 1mg better than 3mg once?

Is gabapentin good instead of lyrica?

How much kava and what kind? (powder)? Thanks man
Clonazepam isn't really a drug meant to be taken once daily. Even with Diazepam it's common to to take multiple doses daily.

Gabapentin is decent. Works great for some. Not me. Lyrica works great for everyone but only when noob. So it's best to save it for when you really need it like preventing DTs, etc

Ask @AutoTripper about kava as he knows more than me

Clonazepam isn't really a drug meant to be taken once daily. Even with Diazepam it's common to to take multiple doses daily.

Gabapentin is decent. Works great for some. Not me. Lyrica works great for everyone but only when noob. So it's best to save it for when you really need it like preventing DTs, etc

Ask @AutoTripper about kava as he knows more than me
Yes, unless one was a good old girl, kept religiously to a small daily nightnap only.

Except for varying half life durations, anything substantial daily, one single dose isn't the way.

Can't work. Just one stupid OD every day, recover, repeat.

I have virtually just about done, but even 3-4 seperate dosing times needed still over two days, at a push.

But I have used wild amounts. Even initially though, it's like keeping a fuel tank topped up.

One say, 4 mg's Etiz morning, near useless to me, without at least another 10-20 to make 24 hours actually pass!

I know that's badly exteme, it's the principle though of what to expect.

Not a one a day.

Bromozolam sounds weaker per mg, but the same deal applies.

It may have a slightly longer half life than Eitz. But if taken daily, not near enough to not just be withdrawing and then eventually relieving that withdrawal.

That's the problem with benzos really.

WD's and dependance is automatic and fast, not the easist to relinquish too, on paper.

Hence the sages adamance, don't take benzos every day.

If I wasn't allergic to everything else except cannabis, kava, coffee, and LSD which I don't think I can deal with at all presently, I never would have needed to resiort this way.

I am still allergic to cannabis, but edibles fine.

Genuine major physical nerve damage is impossible to be conscious with though for me, so I drown the consciousness with benzos and kava, weed is always a medicine, pain killer

The kava melts THC anxiety.

And I survive!

You see desperate times call for desp measures.

Last edited:
Yes, unless one was a good old girl, kept religiously to a small daily nightnap only.

Except for varying half life durations, anything substantial daily, one single dose isn't the way.

Can't work. Just one stupid OD every day, recover, repeat.

I have virtually just about done, but even 3-4 seperate dosing times needed still over two days, at a push.

But I have used wild amounts. Even initially though, it's like keeping a fuel tank topped up.

One say, 4 mg's Etiz morning, near useless to me, without at least another 10-20 to make 24 hours actually pass!

I know that's badly exteme, it's the principle though of what to expect.

Not a one a day.

Bromozolam sounds weaker per mg, but the same deal applies.

It may have a slightly longer half life than Eitz. But if taken daily, not near enough to not just be withdrawing and then eventually relieving that withdrawal.

That's the problem with benzos really.

WD's and dependance is automatic and fast, not the easist to relinquish too, on paper.

Hence the sages adamance, don't take benzos every day.

If I wasn't allergic to everything else except cannabis, kava, coffee, and LSD which I don't think I can deal with at all presently, I never would have needed to resiort this way.

I am still allergic to cannabis, but edibles fine.

Genuine major physical nerve damage is impossible to be conscious with though for me, so I drown the consciousness with benzos and kava, weed is always a medicine, pain killer

The kava melts THC anxiety.

And I survive!

You see desperate times call for desp measures.
You should get Diclazepam

You should get Diclazepam
I used it for a few weeks, low dose but consistent dosing, and had one of the worst benzo withdrawals of my life

there was something about the rebound/withdrawal that seemed worse than usual, more physical and unusually bad

I swear there is something weird about that one... felt different when coming off of it compared to other benzos

I used it for a few weeks, low dose but consistent dosing, and had one of the worst benzo withdrawals of my life

there was something about the rebound/withdrawal that seemed worse than usual, more physical and unusually bad

I swear there is something weird about that one... felt different when coming off of it compared to other benzos
Well it is very long acting so I'd imagine the withdrawals are drawn out and feel like they'll last forever