Klonopin withdrawal after 3 weeks of daily use!

Ash524

Greenlighter
My dr prescribed me klonopin for some things I've been going through--I took it twice daily for 3 weeks and then stopped not even worrying about withdrawal. Well 2 days later I felt horrible--in fact the entire last week I've felt terrible. I have never felt like this after stopping a medication. Even Xanax a few years ago, which I was on for longer didn't do this. I have a refill for 60 more that I am able to get at any time, but I don't even want to take this horrible drug again, but I also can't keep feeling like this. I have kids to take care of and feel like I barely can make it through the day right now. It's been a week since I've taken a klonopin and this is still happening. Should I go pick up my refill and slowly taper off of them. Again it was only 3 weeks so I can't believe it's making me feel this terrible. I don't even know how to go about weaning off something I used for a short time?? Maybe take one every other day for a few days, and then maybe a half every other day or what would be the best way?? I need to get back to my normal self asap--id rather feel anxious and worrisome then feel like this!!!!! Thank you!

If you can do without them I would just continue on and not fill the script. Even though you are a parent you are allowed to get sick.;) Take some time, drink lots of water and try to get good sleep. If it has already been a week it should be subsiding. Have you ruled out that something else could be making you sick (like a flu or cold?).