• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Klonopin VS Intuniv for adderall induced anxiety

anon00

Greenlighter
I've been on Lexapro 10 mg and Adderall XR 25 mg for awhile now and I kind of miss my sex drive and personality (don't even masturbate anymore). I wanted to try to wean off the Lexapro but everytime I've tried the withdrawals are brutal. My gf tells me she's also tired of dating a zombie, yet I can still have sex with her whenever she wants and perform well, even though I never masturbate (odd). My doc is willing to give me 0.25 mg clonzapam (klonopin) to help me get through the lexapro withdrawals and help ease the addy anxiety, but not sure if guanafacine (intuniv) would be even better than that? Just wanted to hear from your experiences, thanks!

yes klonopin will work with the lexapro WD if you wanna taper off or CT
guanfacine is a ADHD med that is non stimulant

intuniv will not get you hyped up like adderall does because its basically an alternative to adderall when adderall is to stimulating and causing anxiety
from personal EXP it does help with focus but i didnt get much more than that

comparing intuniv and adderall is like comparing apples and oranges as each have their own therapeutic properties
in all reality intuniv doesnt compete with adderall at all so keep that in mind if you expecting adderall like performance you will disappointed

really your call if you wanna try intuniv if you have the option on going back to adderall if intuniv sucks then i say yes try it

I ended up going with the klonopin. Is it safe to mix Klonopin with Lexapro in your system? My brother was bugging out when I told him I got addy, lex, and now klonopin. My goal tomorrow was to take my addy dose and use the klonopin instead of lex.

I ended up going with the klonopin. Is it safe to mix Klonopin with Lexapro in your system? My brother was bugging out when I told him I got addy, lex, and now klonopin. My goal tomorrow was to take my addy dose and use the klonopin instead of lex.

lexapro and k pins are fine but in all reality that is what the lexapro is for to help with the anxiety if you no longer feel its working
you should talk to the doc who gave you the lexapro to take you off
i wouldnt just stop taking lexapro unless your doc said it was ok

the f'd up part is that if you taper or CT lexapro using klonopin there is no telling how long itll take to recover from the lexapro
now if you take klonopin for a long period of time that can put you in a worse place than you are right now
lexapro WD is brutal not lie but benzo WD is even worse in all honesty lexapro WD is a walk in the park compared to a klonopin WD