• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Klonopin + Temazepam withdrawal. Should I be worried?

CousinCocaine

Bluelighter
So I have taken Klonopin for panic attacks and anxiety at doses ranging from 0.5-2mg per day every day or every other day for over a year. I've also taken 15mg temazepam every night or every other night for about 6 or so months. I abused both Friday and Sunday, taking 4-6.5mg of Klonopin Friday with 30-45mg of temazepam and Sunday (last night) took 5mg of Klonopin along with 30mg of temazepam, then blacked out and took another unknown amount of both which I've never done before. I've stopped taking them cold turkey for like a week at a time in the past without much of a problem but was worried that the recent abuse would make the withdrawal more serious. Should I be worried at all? Will it just be uncomfortable at that dose, or actually dangerous? Are there any symptoms I should watch for in particular that would be a warning that it is getting dangerous? I Should be able to get refills for both in about 3 days and possibly acquire a Valium or two before then. I know I'm most likely overreacting but still thanks for any replies, I'll be a lot more careful in the future.

So I have taken Klonopin for panic attacks and anxiety at doses ranging from 0.5-2mg per day every day or every other day for over a year. I've also taken 15mg temazepam every night or every other night for about 6 or so months. I abused both Friday and Sunday, taking 4-6.5mg of Klonopin Friday with 30-45mg of temazepam and Sunday (last night) took 5mg of Klonopin along with 30mg of temazepam, then blacked out and took another unknown amount of both which I've never done before. I've stopped taking them cold turkey for like a week at a time in the past without much of a problem but was worried that the recent abuse would make the withdrawal more serious. Should I be worried at all? Will it just be uncomfortable at that dose, or actually dangerous? Are there any symptoms I should watch for in particular that would be a warning that it is getting dangerous? I Should be able to get refills for both in about 3 days and possibly acquire a Valium or two before then. I know I'm most likely overreacting but still thanks for any replies, I'll be a lot more careful in the future.

This is NOT medical advice and I suggest you see your Dr. From my knowledge and personal experience with both compounds in MUCH higher dosages, the length of time "on" or taking the drugs is a more concerning factor than haphazard binges.....Everyone has a different seizure threshold and IN MY OPINION, you will be ok because the Clonazepam builds up over prolonged consumption. If you can get a refill in 3 days, you'll be ok....just don't expect sleep and expect debilitating anxiety.

The increased anxiety and insomnia sound like they'll go wonderfully with the amphetamine comedown I'm about to have. :(
But seriously thanks for replying. I'll eventually learn not to get myself into this kinda mess.

I know it varies from person to person but how long after the last dose will the symptoms most likely start showing up? Like right now I'm shaking all over, sweating, having pretty bad muscle pain/tightness, nausea and just a feeling of physical and mental discomfort. Is this all in my head? I know part of its the comedown but I'm used to those and this is just different.

I know it varies from person to person but how long after the last dose will the symptoms most likely start showing up? Like right now I'm shaking all over, sweating, having pretty bad muscle pain/tightness, nausea and just a feeling of physical and mental discomfort. Is this all in my head? I know part of its the comedown but I'm used to those and this is just different.

That are signs of withdrawal and imo those are signs of pretty bad withdrawal, so you might want to go to the ER or at least have someone around in case you start to seize
Withdrawal will set in after a few hours to a few days, depending on dosage and half life of the benzo

What youre feeling right now is a withdrawal from the benzos. I'd consider you too be in a pretty heavy withdrawal , which from benzos can be pretty risky due to the seizure risks. I'm not a doctor , but as kleinerkiffer suggested you might want to go to your doctor/urgent care/ER. They would likely give you some medicine to make it easier or at least give you peace of mind that you'll be "safe". I'd assume you'll feel the physical symptoms for up too a week and PAWs can last awhile depending on the person.

I searched through everything for hours and was able to find a few Valiums. There should be enough to get me by until I can get my refills.
Thanks for the responses.

I searched through everything for hours and was able to find a few Valiums. There should be enough to get me by until I can get my refills.
Thanks for the responses.
Lyrica , gabapentin, or baclofen all might help you if you have them prescribed at all.

Damn im literally like right where you are in terms of abuse and stopping . I also took what was equivalent to .5-2 mgs Xanax or k pin or 5-25 mgs Valium a day for about a year and I've quit randomly a few times but this time it sucks . Im down to legit .5 Xanax a day that's it I get leg twitches and muscle aches insomnia etc

Sorry I haven't responded in awhile, I've kinda just been sleeping. I found 6 10mg Valium. I also found an old bottle of Flexeril I think  they're also 10mg and I've been prescribed the two together before in the past, mixing em just makes me extremely sleepy. I know someone recommend baclofen which I thought I had but just found an empty bottle, but the Flexeril has seriously helped the muscle pain. I have about 3.5 Valiums left (only taking 5mg at a time) and quite a bit of Flexeril so I should be fine, I can get my Klonopin refilled tomorrow but it'll be about another week or so on the temazepam.