• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Klonopin Jump OFF

Mgold55

Bluelighter
I jumped off klonopin after 4 months of tapering down from 1 mg to .125 and then jumped off . I feel like absolute shit. Main problems are insomnia, and horrible agitation/anger. 6 days in. How long do i expect these to last at the maximum effect?

Fuck that, if you're six days off then definitely dont go back on. That's already a pretty low dose to have got down to, couple more days and you'll be through the worst of it for sure. A week and you should be fairly well back to 'normal'.

^I'd imagine that to be the case. I'd think it to be 1/4 of that dose left in you, if that. And, yeah, .125 is really low.

I jumped down .5mg after 3-4 years and it took 10 days for it to be a lot more bearable. Maybe a week.

Do what is in your best interest, though. I'd think you want medical consultation given that it is indeed a benzo. But if you've been tapering for four months, well, that's a lot of time.

Im on day 8 now and developed this bad headache now. Can seizures still happen 8 days in or am i past the risk zone for that?

It would be unbelievably unlikely for you to have a seizure at this stage. You generally have to be coming off a much larger dose than that for a seizure to happen.

It would be unbelievably unlikely for you to have a seizure at this stage. You generally have to be coming off a much larger dose than that for a seizure to happen.

Yea, the headache lasted two days. Its gone now. On day 10, feel better. Still slight insomnia.

Yeah that's normal, expect the insomnia to potentially lady for quite a while. I would try to put some sort of plan in place to enable you to organise your life around and minimise the effects of the insomnia. Plenty of people get through the acute stages of detox and then end up relapsing because the persistent insomnia can be really hard to deal with.

Keep going though you have done most of the hard work in terms of detox now! Diet makes a big difference at this stage, give your body as many calories as you can bear to eat and make sure you're getting enough from and veg for your vitamins or take a supplement if that's too much like hard work to organise at the moment.

You should start feeling stronger all the time from here, it's a slow process but it is happening. During detoxes I often find it useful to think about how I was feeling a week ago. Sometimes improvement can be so slow it's hard to notice a difference from day to day but if you think back to a week ago then almost certainly you will be thinking oh actually I have definitely improved and that will give you strength to keep pushing.

Yeah that's normal, expect the insomnia to potentially lady for quite a while. I would try to put some sort of plan in place to enable you to organise your life around and minimise the effects of the insomnia. Plenty of people get through the acute stages of detox and then end up relapsing because the persistent insomnia can be really hard to deal with.

Keep going though you have done most of the hard work in terms of detox now! Diet makes a big difference at this stage, give your body as many calories as you can bear to eat and make sure you're getting enough from and veg for your vitamins or take a supplement if that's too much like hard work to organise at the moment.

You should start feeling stronger all the time from here, it's a slow process but it is happening. During detoxes I often find it useful to think about how I was feeling a week ago. Sometimes improvement can be so slow it's hard to notice a difference from day to day but if you think back to a week ago then almost certainly you will be thinking oh actually I have definitely improved and that will give you strength to keep pushing.

Im starting to notice symptoms similar to PAWS from opiates. Ive quit oxy before. I am starting to get depressed/anxious thoughts and feelings, even about my family. Can benzo withdrawal cause this on week 2?

Yes absolutely it can, you may experience that for a number of weeks. It is perfectly normal (if unpleasant) and it would actually it would be fairly unusual if you weren't experiencing some symptoms like that.

Given you came off at quite a low dose I wouldn't expect it to go on for too long, stay strong and those feeling should subside fairly quickly.