• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Klonopin Increasing Sex Drive?

I too, feel this very inducing of sexual tension within my body every time I take a Klonopin. It's not just you. I feel this every time.

Hi guys. Long time user of the site but first contribution here.

Finished my pharmD a few years back, but I've also had plenty of 'life experience' to round out my education background.

My GP doc told me a mnemonic a while ago that I'll never forget: "P.S." or "Point [then] Shoot" for the male sex response. You need "P" or your Parasympathetic nervous system (NS) (the calming or safe-feeling side of your autonomic NS) to achieve an erection (a "Point[ed]" penis); then you need the "S" for Sympathetic NS (the fight-or-flight, adrenaline-engaged side of your autonomic NS) to "Shoot" or cum/ejaculate.

It's understandably MUCH more complicated than this regarding klonopin's contribution, etc, but for those that DO manage to get erections easier while taking a modest dose, it seems to follow that the decreased anxiety allows parasympathetic NS'a nerve transmission/stimulation to help with the "point" part of the sex response.

(Similarly, but meant for other discussion threads, stimulants like cocaine/adderall can either prevent erections, or they can just WAY too quickly ring about the "shoot" or premature climax/ejaculation)

Food for thought. Cheers.
-Gado