• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Klonopin/Clonazepam Help

korpsicle77

Greenlighter
Hi, I have been taking Clonazepam sporadically for the past 5 months. A dosage of about 1-1.5mg when I take it. I was prescribed for the treatment of panic attacks and anxiety. The first two months I rarely took it. After coming back to school in September, I have been taking it more frequently. Anywhere from 1-5 times a week. So about 120 1mg pills in 5 months. I have been feeling absent-minded, lost in though, having trouble concentrating/critical thinking, and lack of creativity. I just feel kind of stupid haha, whereas before I used to feel smart and unique.

I have been reading that my reduced cognitive functions could be attributed to the use of Clonazepam. I have also been reading that these side effects can be permanent in chronic users because of brain damage along with the enhancement of the GABA neurotransmitter. I'm hoping I'm just going through some slight dependency/withdrawal period, being that I don't see myself as a chronic user. People were strongly suggesting tapering off the drug due to the risk of semi-permeant withdrawal symptoms. This has got me worried because I just ran out of my script. I won't be able to get a refill for another two weeks.

Is what I'm feeling permanent or just a slight withdrawal that will go away? I felt like I wasn't taking it regularly enough to build up a dependency that would require tapering off the drug. I'm just worried right now and don't know what to do.

Hi, I have been taking Clonazepam sporadically for the past 5 months. A dosage of about 1-1.5mg when I take it. I was prescribed for the treatment of panic attacks and anxiety. The first two months I rarely took it. After coming back to school in September, I have been taking it more frequently. Anywhere from 1-5 times a week. So about 120 1mg pills in 5 months. I have been feeling absent-minded, lost in though, having trouble concentrating/critical thinking, and lack of creativity. I just feel kind of stupid haha, whereas before I used to feel smart and unique.

I have been reading that my reduced cognitive functions could be attributed to the use of Clonazepam. I have also been reading that these side effects can be permanent in chronic users because of brain damage along with the enhancement of the GABA neurotransmitter. I'm hoping I'm just going through some slight dependency/withdrawal period, being that I don't see myself as a chronic user. People were strongly suggesting tapering off the drug due to the risk of semi-permeant withdrawal symptoms. This has got me worried because I just ran out of my script. I won't be able to get a refill for another two weeks.

Is what I'm feeling permanent or just a slight withdrawal that will go away? I felt like I wasn't taking it regularly enough to build up a dependency that would require tapering off the drug. I'm just worried right now and don't know what to do.

You could be experiencing mild/moderate withdrawl symptoms, this would explain the brain fog, withdrawls come in many different levels.

That said, you could potentially be at risk for a full benzo withdrawl, which can be fatal, although I doubt it based on the frequency of your dosing.

You have been taking it for "only" 5 months and not daily... I don't think it will be permanent. Even long time users will completly recover most of the time, but it will take time. This is not a free pass for continuing your drug though!
Yeah, try to taper off or you might be in a living hell. You might get tremors, itches, fever like symptoms and confusion during your withdrawal, but it will not be permanent.

You have been taking it for "only" 5 months and not daily... I don't think it will be permanent. Even long time users will completly recover most of the time, but it will take time. This is not a free pass for continuing your drug though!
Yeah, try to taper off or you might be in a living hell. You might get tremors, itches, fever like symptoms and confusion during your withdrawal, but it will not be permanent.

yeah im not planning on continuing at all. i won't be able to get a refill in 2-3 weeks. do you think it's better to just cold turkey it from here on out or taper off it when i can get a refill?

yeah im not planning on continuing at all. i won't be able to get a refill in 2-3 weeks. do you think it's better to just cold turkey it from here on out or taper off it when i can get a refill?

With gabaergics, its usually not a good idea to go cold turkey. But if you are able to make it through 2 weeks without it, you could probably do it. I would still recommend you taper, just to be safe.

I take klonopin now and it doesnt bother me to skip to a day. I used to take xanax but i was always running out. I know the one time it had been at about 2 yrs straight not running out. I want left alone i feel depressed very anxious. but JUST BE LIKE THE NEXT ABOUT 4 DAYS WILL SUCK DAY 3 THE WORST. But after that your good. And my anxietys real real bad.