• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Klonopin and beer

reb38

Bluelighter
I'm dating a girl loves to drink. I've stayed away because I've been taking 1mg of klonopin everyday for the past 4 years. I take klonopin for psychical anxiety including a swallowing disorder. I've stayed away from alcohol fearing death. I've heard bad stories. I want to drink like a normal person again. I also am bipolar. Drinking on bipolar can send me spiraling down into misery. I just want to be neurotypical. What should I do? I want to drink with her and elsewhere.

Drinking is dangerous on benzos leading to vommiting and blacking out its best not to.

I too am prescribed Clonazepam and seriously recommend not mixing the 2. I have heard and seen horror stories that end fatally from mixing Alcohol and Benzos. If Alcohol makes you feel terrible, why bother? It seems you are well-managed on your medication and don't need Alcohol. If you do decide to drink, I highly recommend not mixing the 2.

Klonopin has an elimination half life of 19-60 hours. I highly advise against it but if you do plan on drinking please think about this ahead of time and go at least a day without taking any benzos at all. Again, I would just avoid it entirely man but please do not mix the 2 and do not feel like you are not normal

best bet is not to drink. consider this -- you say drinking and being bipolar makes you "spiral down", but you skip your benzos that day, drink, then get arrested with a bail so high you can't pay it = benzo WD in jail.

where i am located they do not care how benzo addicted you are or if the script is legit, they let you withdraw. several years back a girl died from benzo WD in the county jail for my area. their solution was to implement a rule of the corrections officer on duty walking by the cell of people withdrawing every 10 mins to make sure they are still alive.

It's a no no no for me... Two three years ago I was prescribed clonozepam for a 5mg alprazolam(Xanax) a day habit. At the middle of my taper I went out with my friend, drank a shot of whiskey..i couldn't even walk straight, as soon as my friend took me home I felt on the floor and hit the back of my head!

Ok I’ll give you my knowledge and experience but first it’s great that you have that fear cause alcohol and benzos are one of the more dangerous combos. Personally klonopin was my favorite pill ever and I did piles of it and would sniff 4 or 5 mg with a few shots of whiskey but I had a habit of blacking out too and I did end up one time in the er with dangerously low heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen level so seeing as I want to be safe and responsible in leading and advising you the fact is although one or two beers with a single k-pin probley won’t kill you it still possibly could and it’s a risky combo to start with. Tell your doctor you’de like to drink and discuss safe times to wait to drink or a different med that’s not going to be potentiated and made possibly lethal by alcohol. Educate on half life on klonopin and ask your doc how long to wait after you take your pill cause if you take it at say 6am you’ll be good to drink a bit that night but don’t have benzo and alcohol both active in your system