• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kissing air a side effect of adderall?

d1nach

Bluelighter
I took 55 mg 10 hours ago and i keep kissing the air like its a hot girl. Like its at tje rate of 60 lip puckers per minute. I can stop it but as soon as i stop trying to supress it i start again.

Anyway is this a side effect of adderall. Or is it in my head.

It can be. Medications can cause a dystonia in your body. They can be permanent and uncomfortable. I've read your posts on here you seem knowledagble. You can use other medications to help get rid of it. If you continue adderall it could be permanent. If you get stuck with it. Its very uncomfortable. Best of luck.

Moving your mouth or grinding your teeth are common so I can see this being just a similar effect.

I believe it is certain antipsychotic medications that are notorious for causing a permanent involuntary movement. I have taken enough Adderall to know that this is probably related to what Mmp85 described^. It is not permanent, but I have noticed that since my heavy Adderall phase, certain other meds (maybe gabapentin and also the Zoloft I started) seem to trigger tongue movements and teeth grinding that, while not completely involuntary, are very difficult to be conscious of. These meds did not cause this side effect before my stimulant habits came and passed.

Maybe its the lithium then but i swear its almost like im gagging on something in my mouth when its empty. More specifically i tried to really focus and its like im thrusting my tongue up to swallow and even making weird faces likeim actually choking on something exactly like that girl who is on anesthesia "gagging on a bbc"