• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Kidneys and MDMA

brutus b

Greenlighter
If a person had problems with their kidneys (cancer) when they were very young, and currently have weak kidneys, would this interfere with consuming MDMA.
My friend has drank a lot in the past, but decided to switch to mainly smoking weed. However, I know they are planning on taking MDMA soon. Just trying to look out for my friends health and I don't know too much about MDMA so I figured I'd ask here.

Q: Does MDMA affect the kidneys? and, would having weak kidneys affect the experience of MDMA? (I'm more concerned about the former)

Well brutus b, I think your friend having weak kidneys should be very careful when consuming anything really, even some sorts of food can be harmful.
Your kidneys fillter out all the toxins and impurities found in food, water, alcohol and drugs in general.
I think your friend drinking a lot of alcohol is taking a risk, specially in the long term.Think when he's 50 or 60??
MDMA does tax the kidneys!!!thats for sure.
I'm no doctor but tell your friend to take it easy and drink enough water and have a good diet.

As long as your friend ONLY takes MDMA, he should be fine. When you consume more than one drug at a time (like, MDMA and alcohol for example) it greatly taxes your kidney moreso than if you only consumed one of those drugs. Make sure he doesn't take a large dose, and he should be fine. Keep in mind no one here is his/your doctor, so make sure he sees a doctor if he has serious doubts about his kidneys.

Q: Does MDMA affect the kidneys? and, would having weak kidneys affect the experience of MDMA? (I'm more concerned about the former)

Yes it does effect the kidneys (dehydration is the biggest problem - second is (as Caroline55 pointed out) the kidneys act as a filter for toxins. If they are not working correctly then putting extra pressure on them should be avoided.

Would it effect the roll - well depending on how much you took and how bad your kidneys are you could have renal failure and end up in hospital (happens when people try and drink too much too quickly). I would imagine that would be a major roll kill.

Add to that you want to be able to relax when your rolling and be carefree - wondering if your kidneys are going to pack in during your light show could completely spoil the experience.

IF they are going to roll regardless then they have to stay hydrated - not too much as that can be just as dangerous. I would avoid any other drugs or alcohol that would put your kidneys under even more pressure.

First i want to say its very dangerous. But if it goes take 1/4pill~15minutes,2 pills max.

Eh fuck a 4th of a pill to be honest, i mean you want to have at least half to get you started up and have a decent come up. Id say no more than 2 pills max through out the night but take in half's to be on the safe side. I mean he probably could take 1 pill at once but thats just more strain on the kidney.

This is NOT something we can help you with.

Nobody here can say if it is safe or not.

You need to speak with your doctor.

I have removed all the previous posts because I dont want you to get any false ideas.

You need a proffesional opinion for this, not some internet people who really have no idea, myself included.

I opened a discussion with the other mods and our admin team about this thread and its been decided to re open it.

The OP and any other readers need to understand that the advice given here is NOT proffessional advice (despite what some may claim) and should be accepted in the spirit it is given.

I have also reopened each posted reply.

I stand by my advice above regards discussing with your health proffessional.

bump
Any bluelighters out there with just the one kidney? i had mine removed at the start of the year and was just wondering if anyone has any advice or experiences regarding mdma and living with one kidney?as it happens supposed to some coming in soon,havnt taken real mdma in over a year so very exicted but at the same time want to be carefull as i no longer have any backup and dont want to end up on dialysis:p, any input would be appreciated
cheers edom

Is MDMA bad for your kidney at all?

A friend of mine has kidney issues. BAD ones, she's in the ER once a month because of an infection, so she takes drinking fairly light. However she's convinced that MDMA won't be good for her kidney and won't take it with me for an event.

I can't see MDMA being too stressful on a kidney... any studies I could possibly show her about it's effects (however it turns out to be)? I should be getting 'Molly' which I feel would be even less harmful to someone's kidneys, AND I have my test kit with me so whatever I get, I can test (EZTest Complete, the best one!) :)

Edit: She's convinced that taking a lot of Adderal however is perfectly fine (she's prescribed it, just plans on taking a much larger dose for recreation). AND she's on SSRI's, and yet can roll her ass off of a half pill :/ An odd girl, this one.

Some people will get liver failure from alcohol some people wont its the same with drugs

Another thread on MDMA and kidneys...

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=498904

Doesn't sound like a good idea. And yes, amphetamines (like Adderall) are also very taxing on your kidneys especially when you abuse them by taking high amounts. I'd be willing to bet that that's the reason she keeps getting infections every month...abusing stims when you have compromised kidneys is stupid and just asking for trouble.

Well she just recently got the Adderal prescription, I'm really surprised she even got that because of her kidneys.

PS: I totally forgot to search :(

^^well at a low prescribed dose it's probably not a big deal, but if she's gobbling them up to get high then that's another story. Especially when she starts taking more for tolerance reasons.

Whenever I roll I find that I can't go about urinating at all untill the effects have completely worn off, and even then it's hard to get myself to pee. That alone tells me the MDMA is doing something hard on my kidneys, so if I knew I was prone to infections like that then I wouldn't roll.

Guess I won't ask her to reconsider, thanks for the advice people. I always take advice here with a grain of salt since none of us are experts, but it just really helps to hear what people's opinions are <3

....Five years later.....
For a healthy person, the only concern regarding mdma consumption and the kidneys would be dehydration. Along with any impurities in your molly or beans being more difficult for the kidneys to filter. Hydration, electrolytes, and antioxidants(mainly vitamin C) Eat some fresh berries if you can. Peace.