• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

KHAT?

meister

Bluelighter
I obtained some really fresh leaves and want to know if there are any extraction (solvent?) methods that would yeild a cathinone powder of some sort? Maybe a freebase? I chewed up some leaves and it tastes like chewed up Wellbutrin.

Try a basic (orgainc) extraction... basically toss the leaves in a rb boiling flask, ass some water/ethonal/whatever then reflux the shit out of it... setup for standard distiallation and strip off most of the fluid, in that you will have yer khat..
Honestly, the shit isn't worth it... if you want that weak of a high just make methcathinone - so easy any 13 y/o could do it... a days worth of work and you have a plate of crystals - could be sold as meth ot ravers, or you can eat it or rail it...

i thought khat (the herb) was just something that was made up to combat the spread of the MIND NUMBINGLY EASY METHOD OF METHCATHONINE PRODUCTION?

like chewed up Wellbutrin?
heh..whether you know this or not, Wellbutrin is m-chloro-N-tert-butylcathinone. only it's a "dopamine reuptake antagonist" and a "nicotine cessation aid", not a "schedule I evil mind-destroying drug", since, after all, it has a tert-butyl group.
i made about 4 grams of dimethylaminopropiophenone yesterday, and it was about as easy for me as, say, oxidizing secondary alcohols is to 'any 13 y/o'. 2-dimethylaminopropiophenone is dimethylcathinone, but i made the 3- kind (in half an hour), then put it in the non-chlorinated hazardous wastes container.
(note to the friendly people at time magazine: dimethylaminopropiophenone is not a drug. "more willing to share their knowledge".)

Can methylaminorex be made from methcathinone? Can't you make both from PPA? In California you can't buy PPA anymore. Could 4-methylaminorex then be made from the cathinone in Khat(i bet it would be difficult)? . I wonder if you can make a freebase of Wellbutrin by dissolving in potassium hydroxide and separating? I think they say it (wellbutrin) causes convulsions to discourage abuse (I hope). Don't animals self-administer Wellbutrin?

so i looked up the 1H NMR for that stuff, and guess what was directly above it?
oh, but you don't have to guess!
1H NMR in CDCL3 + DMSO-d6:
9.7 broad, height 0.5
8.05 doublet, height 2 (ortho)
7.6 roofed doublet of triplets, J = 0.2 ppm, height 2 (meta and para)
5.3 quartet, height 1 (methine)
2.7 singlet, height 8.5 (3-methyl)
1.6 doublet, height 4 (amino methyl)
0 singlet, height 4 (TMS)
13C NMR:
135 singlet, 133 singlet, 130 doublet, 77 triplet, 57 singlet, 40 quartet, 18 singlet
that helps a lot. for real.

meister KHAT IS GOOD AS IT IS have you allready tried to just chew the leaves because when i used to get this stuff i loved it. beats any chemical stimulant IMHO. if you didnt try so the high is extremely good. just chew thoroughly and swallow, spit out the remains chase it with some green tea or coke. give it some time and you ll be flying like an eagle.
one pro is the leaves and stems contains vitamins and minerals. man this was the drug god bless somalia.

I wonder how chewing khat compares to chewing coca leaves. I'm not sure but I think khat is more addictive in comparison to straight coca leaf. I chewed (and swallowed) all of the leaf and smoked it with marijuana. It was a nice clear high with definate stimulation. I wonder if they make extracts or drinks with khat in the middle east. I bet khat leaves would be nice to throw in if your brewing up some nice bhang.

ahahahaha... vitamins and minerals!
i guess tweakers hafta get them from somewhere...
i would guess that khat contains cathinone (and maybe some methcathinone) base, not the HCl salts.
being a beta-amino benzyl ketone, unfortunately, cathinone is not a good thing to have in solution, including hot water (even hot distilled water), and especially, *especially* not basic solution. its enol(ate) form, which also happens to be an enamine, will be fairly stable and it will both racemize (probably a 50% loss of activity) and dimerize (making it totally useless). this won't happen in either salt form or in non-polar, non-protic solvents.
but then, all i'm here for is to tell you why things won't work -- i'm too paranoid to suggest what will =P

After a little research I found out I was right - you just toss the leaves and some water + ethonal in a RB boiling flask, attach a tall condenser and reflux the shit out of it .. after 45 minutes to an hour, setup for standard distillation and strip off the better part of the fluid (maybe about half) ... toss that out as it does not contain what we want .. in the flask with the leaves, strain off the fluid, toss out the leaves, andthat fluid contains the khat .. faster then making methcathinone indeed, but I think some home-made methcathinone would be stronger and you could definitly get better yeilds ..
Oh, no, you can NOT make 4-methylaminorex from methcathinone, well, of course you could but thats some advanced chemistry...

You could reduce cathinone to one form of ppa (norephedrine/cathine) and make 4mar.

Methcathinone does not exist in nature and reduces to (pseudo) ephedrine

Oh I want to try 4-mar so badly. Had the 4,4'-dimethylaminorex variant and loved it, it's among my top 3 drugs and also only ever read positive reports about 4-mar. Wonder why nobody makes it, thought maybe there was no norephe around but if you can reduce cathinone to it then.. Maybe less demand or too pricey for whatever reason?