• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ketamine

angel8

Bluelighter
I just started using Ketamine. Prescribed by a doctor. Very low dose. 15 then 30 with possibility of going up to 60mgs. Does anyone have any experience using it for depression and anxiety?

I also feel like it is interfering with my Tramadol and Percocet, which I use for a chronic nerve condition (trigeminal neuralgia.)

Any feedback welcome on the topic.

We used to IM 70 mg at a time. That was the optimum dose. Profound depressant dissociative trip, but my post emergent delirium keeps me from seeking more k holes.

I just started using Ketamine. Prescribed by a doctor. Very low dose. 15 then 30 with possibility of going up to 60mgs. Does anyone have any experience using it for depression and anxiety?

I also feel like it is interfering with my Tramadol and Percocet, which I use for a chronic nerve condition (trigeminal neuralgia.)

Dosing Ketamine once weekly does provide relief from depression and anxiety for a few days, but it is not a long lasting effect.
It may be a very useful tool to have the energy to make changes in your lifestyle so that your depression improves, if you are unable to do it right now because of your depression.

I just like doing ketamine, and find I'm generally in a good mood after.
60mg IM would be enough for a pleasant trip.

So sorry about you suffering trigeminal, I also do and it's one of the worst kinds of pain that a person can endure.
Yes ketamine helps with depression and pain itself, but you should not rely on it on a daily basis, as tolerance bulids fast and you will end up fucking your urinary system. I think you could try and get rid of tramadol in order to be able to use regular antidepressants and have ketamine as a last resort. That's what I do.
It's weird that they put you on percocet and tramadol and not on some kind of anticolvunsant like carbomazepine, topamirate or pregabalin. They put me on low doses pregabalin plus morphine or hydromorpone for acute crisis, but, as you know, there is only some degree of relief to be found when it comes to this horrible condition. I only found total relief with dentist anaesthesia, and only in the jaw area but not for the eye nor the head and neck.

They are also using lidocaine pumping systems more and more and I have read promissing stories, maybe you could ask your doctor or in your hospital or something.
Wish you the best, trigeminal neuralgy is not an easy and fun path to walk

Ketamine is often used alongside opioids for analgesia but it can certainly blunt the euphoric effects. I think its the NMDA antagonism but dont quote or argue me on that - i could be wrong as to the exact reason there

How good is Ketamine in treating depression anyway ? And how many Doctors are out there that would actually give a Ketamine session for the treatment of depression ?