View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine Worth Trying??

poIxjlR.jpg

TR incoming!!

nice... i think those on the east side of the atlantic call that some "shardy"?

Certainly worth trying, I think its one of the most overrated drugs. Most of my drug use is at music events, and ketamine makes all music sound like absolute shit to me, like harsh, noisy and lifeless.

Shits a blast for watching really mind bending movies though, you will be in awe.

Your semse of hearing senses frequencies below about 80 Hz (sub territory) not from the ears, but from the rest of your body.
As Ketamine reduces transmission of feelings from the body, you loose the ability to hear low frequency sounds.

thats completely wrong. the human ear can detect and send to the brain sound waves down to about 20hz. if you dont believe me, get a set of on-ear headphones, and dl a free sine-wave generator (with a dac, which means it will actually convert the digits to speaker movement).

Dissociatives bring out the darkest aspects of my personality and energy, but without any desire to act on the dark energy, I am simply made aware of it fully. I feel like an Evil God that is too lazy to be evil or a Zen'd out Super Villain. A creature of pure ego. Loving every second I spend with myself. That being said dissociatives have been immensely therapeutic tools to understand my more selfish nature, as well as reshape my ego like soft clay.

I never tried Ketamine, just MXE, DXM and 3 Meo PCP, all of which I used habitually an in combination with Cannabis and sometimes LSD, alcohol and Kratom.

It was pretty cool. Not what I expected!

Not really worth a full trip report but it was a lot of fun. My body felt awesome, i felt like half asleep but wide awake. Did about 80-100mg over the course of the entire night doing bumps. Also, my appetite SKYROCKETED lol. There was a stretch of about 30 mins after one of the bumps where I was dancing like I was rolling. Music sounded really awesome too.

I watched a stand up 3 Mics - Neal Brennan. I was losing my shit. At one point he goes. "Black guys are like damn Neal you dont give a fuck , and I want be like thats because I'm sad" lmao. He talks about his depression and all the treatments hes tried, including Ketamine.

My stomach became an empty pit that I paid dearly for in the morning. However, mentally I felt very good upon waking and all day. No anxiety whatsoever which was odd. The fact I never felt anxious makes me want to K-hole tho.

If you're on the fence on wanting to try K I'd say its worth it. LSD still reigns supreme for me (so far :D).

Thanks for all the input from everybody.

thats completely wrong. the human ear can detect and send to the brain sound waves down to about 20hz. if you dont believe me, get a set of on-ear headphones, and dl a free sine-wave generator (with a dac, which means it will actually convert the digits to speaker movement).

I stated correct information, if you attempt that experiment you will hear the sub 80hz frequencies due to the headphones passing on vibration to your head and due to the psychoacoustic effect of hearing the higher armonics causing your brain to imagine the lower fundamental.

True sub 80hz bass is felt, not heard and no headphone system can recreate that effect.

Because of this, bigger/heavier people can hear deeper than those with smaller frames.

I don't mean to start an argument, but I just wanted to explain why one cannot hear bass on Ketamine and I happen to know why as I know how this drug works and I have studied the human hearing system as I am a sound engineer.

I don't mean to start an argument, but I just wanted to explain why one cannot hear bass on Ketamine and I happen to know why as I know how this drug works and I have studied the human hearing system as I am a sound engineer.
is there an appropriate thread where we can continue this discussion? sound is my life, and it seems you have a strange idea about it that id never considered. id like to read about this, if you have literature.

IMO there is a lot more going on than just not hearing <80hz when it comes to ketamines sound issues, but I'm interested to hear some theories. You should start a thread discussing this.

Interestingly, I find that that the problems are more apparent with higher BPM music. Any kind of downtempo with slower broken beats works absolutely fine. I tend to think it's more due to time distortion and everything slowing down/slightly glitching on a macro scale. But for obvious reasons I don't have the best memory of such situations, and it's pure speculation.

I've actually even listened to 150-160 bpm psy and enjoyed it - it really tends to vary from experience to experience. I think you have better results if you work your way into it slowly.

Also I don't think the ketamine in the picture is the shardie ketamine. The 'shards' that people speak of are usually about 1-2 mm long and only a fraction as wide. That in the picture looks like nothing I've seen, but is presumably the crystal stuff that cropped up about two hears back. Apparently it tends to be pretty weak and doesn't have the best rep. Obviously they are a shard of sorts so I'm not being picky... but they're huge! Interesting to see.

Well thats not good to hear... lol. So I guess scratch that guys whatever I took is worth trying because it was pretty fun =D

Also sparked an idea for a new thread! Reality is strange.

^Hey man, if it was good it was good. Batches vary, and methods can become refined. I just know that the big chunks of ketamine were unheard of (as far as i can see) up until about two years ago, and people said it was weaker than the more common shard/bead varieties.. The stuff coming out of china varies a lot (or did at least, it seems more consistent now).

ime, powder vs shards vs big old crystals makes no difference in quality. i would guess that it has more to do with evaporation conditions than anything.

ime, powder vs shards vs big old crystals makes no difference in quality. i would guess that it has more to do with evaporation conditions than anything.

I would tend to agree regarding quality... except when the big crystals first came out, according to any body I know who tried it locally/posted in the EADD metamine thread. I guess there would have been a reason they changed the formula which may have effected quality, especially with the early batch's. Like I say, personally I haven't tried them, but my friends said the quality was somewhat hindered.

Of course though, you generally can't accurately determine quality by such means, and it could be a totally localised thing within my area/circles/who posted in eadd.