View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine overdose

nooodle

Bluelighter
How easy is it to ketamine overdose? I've tried to find on many different websites a threshold dose that would put you at risk of an overdose but i can't find any...

How easy is it to do and what dose range do you think if any?

Very hard to overdose on ketamine would have to do like a gram or more at once.

If you are mixing it with other downers however you could have trouble breathing but by itself it's fine

I mean, it is an anesthetic. You under-dose it to trip. If you do too much, you'll spend a few hours sleeping very deep but without physical danger. I know from a first hand incident (which was pretty scary) that MXE behaves similarly, and extrapolating from that they used even PCP as an anesthetic probably all of the dissos will knock you out above a certain threshold of dosage.

Real overdosages are a different thing though. They use ket to euthanatize horses, I don't know whether some animals are more sensitive to it or if it's just a massive overdose. But I've gone through a gram in maybe 12h without even holing, cause of my hefty tolerance.

Dont worry man, ive snorted over 5grams in like 24-36h at festivals several times.
The only thing that i warn about is when you have enough tolerance so you could potentially move around when holing.

I have a 15cm scar that reminds me of not doing that again.

Cheers for the information everybody, there wasn't really much information about this topic on any websites so was just checking for my own safety.

Dont worry man, ive snorted over 5grams in like 24-36h at festivals several times.
The only thing that i warn about is when you have enough tolerance so you could potentially move around when holing.

I have a 15cm scar that reminds me of not doing that again.

Damn, how the fuck did you end up getting that?

Litterally overdosing ,like going to die from ketamine is completely impossible but that doesn't mean you can't have physical or perhaps mental problems too. Still be carefull.

I also ended up with a scar when I was using diphenidine everyday. I just woke up with it, probably through epilepsy. Shit, a friend of mine had epilepsy once and fell straight on his face, and now misses his front teeth.

Litterally overdosing ,like going to die from ketamine is completely impossible but that doesn't mean you can't have physical or perhaps mental problems too. Still be carefull.

I also ended up with a scar when I was using diphenidine everyday. I just woke up with it, probably through epilepsy. Shit, a friend of mine had epilepsy once and fell straight on his face, and now misses his front teeth.

Yeah i thought so, sorry im a ket noob.

That shit would fucking kill

I believe the only dangers with Ketamine is using it wrong place wrong time.. Like too much then slipping too far into a full bath and drowning. Or like me where I have a habit of hurting myself while under the influence and not remembering how it happened.. I’ve also found many a k-holed raver that needed help, one I remember found him face first in a dirty bathroom pants to his ankles and all his money and drugs sprawled out everywhere. The fact no one had robbed him yet is a testament to the crowd I hang around I suppose.

Two times in particular for me, once at a festival I set my shoes by the fire to warm them until a while later someone finally commented on a smell. I kid you not when I say my shoes literally melted on my feet, surprisingly I was unharmed despite how mangled my shoes were.

Another time, at a festival lol, I casually look down to see my hand is completely red covered in blood. I had somehow cut myself really badly and had no clue.

Fucked up thing is this happened on what I felt were really low doses, which is a reason I shy away from the drug. It scares me that I become that detached, best to be used right before laying in a bed IMO.

-GC

Agree with all of above. Ketamine is pretty hard to die from, IF the setting is sensible.
Snorting a line of the back of your hand walking across a freeway? That might do it.

Having access to a mirror with copious lines prepared in your own bedroom, will result it some weirdness at most lol.

As others have stated, ketamine is quite safe, when given for anesthesia, it is given in doses several times higher than any recreational dose. You would pass out into an unwakeable state that you would have no memory of before you hurt yourself. The biggest risk is getting hurt because of trying to interact with the world while you're very high on it.

I mean, it is an anesthetic. You under-dose it to trip.

Exactly.

They use ket to euthanatize horses, I don't know whether some animals are more sensitive to it or if it's just a massive overdose.

From what I understand the ketamine is just administered to anaesthesize the animal for the procedure; the actual killing is typically done by stopping the heart using substances like succinylcholine or potassium chloride, which would not provide a "humane" death if the animal were still conscious.

At any rate, yes, ketamine generally has an extremely wide therapeutic window, although you are still risking your life if you decide to k-hole in a situation where you might suffer an accident - there have been a number of cases where people ended up accidentally drowning in their bathtub (ex.: psychedelic writer DM Turner) or a sensory deprivation tank ("biohacker" Aaron Trayvick).

The main danger with ketamine is addiction, though - chronic high-dose use tends to destroy the bladder (with some users ending up incontinent while still in their early 20's, or even having to have the whole bladder removed) and damage the kidneys.

I believe the only dangers with Ketamine is using it wrong place wrong time.. Like too much then slipping too far into a full bath and drowning. Or like me where I have a habit of hurting myself while under the influence and not remembering how it happened.. I’ve also found many a k-holed raver that needed help, one I remember found him face first in a dirty bathroom pants to his ankles and all his money and drugs sprawled out everywhere. The fact no one had robbed him yet is a testament to the crowd I hang around I suppose.

Two times in particular for me, once at a festival I set my shoes by the fire to warm them until a while later someone finally commented on a smell. I kid you not when I say my shoes literally melted on my feet, surprisingly I was unharmed despite how mangled my shoes were.

Another time, at a festival lol, I casually look down to see my hand is completely red covered in blood. I had somehow cut myself really badly and had no clue.

Fucked up thing is this happened on what I felt were really low doses, which is a reason I shy away from the drug. It scares me that I become that detached, best to be used right before laying in a bed IMO.

-GC

That's funny. It resonates with a half-memory taking too much MDMA in the middle of nowhere as a young adult.

Somehow I walked out of the bathroom stall with mysterious goo on my face. I've never been able to come up with a sensible explanation for that. No it's not the obvious, it also can't have been dripping off the ceiling. Someone in the stall next to me must have been doing messed up stuff or something, or done sleight-of-hand tricks walking past, thinking it would be funny draping love bunnies with it. I don't know, it's all hazy and distant. But you know, party invites general chaos, not just ketamine. :)