Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Ketamine- Novice - A inexperienced, yet beautiful trip

yu_gen

Greenlighter
I had done ketamine once before, but it was nothing compared to my second time.

This was the 3rd night at Shambhala Music Festival, and it was late at night, or early in the morning, depending how you look at it...so about 4 or 5 in the morning. My group had just recently gone back to the campsite to regroup, redress, re-drug, and re-caffeinate ourselves. I had taken a cap of a friend's MDMA, and about half an hour later I was feeling it, and it was too speedy for my liking (intense jaw clenching, nervous system felt like it was going a mile a minute). I was tired, but tripping from the M, so I was in a out-of-it state. S was friends with a DJ at the festival, and our group of 4 were invited backstage to do some ketamine at his car with his girlfriend. I didn't know the DJ and his girlfriend, but they seemed chill and we all made small talk. They were relaxed, but by the look of their pupils they were on something as well, but I was too spaced out to really care what was going on: just going with the flow. This was completely spontaneous, I hadn't even considered doing K at Shambhala. My friend, A, and mentioned in passing early in the day that a bump of K can bring you down if your tripping hard from MDMA, so I was interested. We were led through the wooden gates behind the Village stage to an open grass parking lot, and we all got comfortable around his car. Music was playing, but it was more of a white noise bass sound, all the sounds from the stages mixing together.

The DJ said this was good K, he didn't fuck around with his K. It was pure white, and more finely ground than the coarse, sea salt-like K I had done the first time months ago. I snorted a tiny line, not quite knowing what a bump was. It was so nice, so smooth...it went down perfectly, no sense of a drip or discomfort of snorting a drug (I've snorted coke and MDMA a few time and it sucks). I was relaxed, I felt like I had come down from the M a bit. I watched my more experienced K friends take what appeared to me GIANT lines (unfortunately I have no capabilities of gauging drug measurements, but I would say it was about 2 or 3 times as big as if a cap of M had been laid out). This interested me, and it made me want to do more, even though I was in a comfortable state. So I asked for another, with my silly ego once again telling me I'm invincible. I took a huge line (on the retelling of the situation to my boyfriend, apparently I had taken the biggest one left on the plate) 8( All I remember is snorting it and feeling the wonderful sensation it gave my nose, face and throat after I snorted it. Then it was the most intriguing, abstract drug experience I have ever had. It was so crazy, almost hard to describe, but I remember it perfectly. I apparently had suddenly sat down, and passed out, basically. None of this I remember, I didn't even remember taking the hit of K; in fact, I was transported to another dimension, where there was no past or future, only the present (I know this sounds cliche, but its really hard to explain!). I felt like I was just a mind and soul, a lone entity detached from anything resembling a body. I was floating around the whole festival, experiencing everything and everyone all at once, all along A was beside me as his own entity, but we were still as one (I think it was A because I could only hear his voice in my trip). But what I was seeing would be what I would describe beautifully bright colours: white, purple, pink, blue, green, swirling about in a divine way. It felt more angelic that psychedelic. It was incredible. It was so divine, I felt purely whole and wonderful. I was so happy! So immensely satisfied with life at this moment! There was no time to think though, only to experience what was happening. It was the most fascinating state I have ever been in. I was later informed this is what is called the "K hole".

I couldn't say if it lasted long or for a short while, I was completely detached from my body (I believe it was only a few minutes), but all of a sudden voices started getting louder, and the beautiful colours began to slip away, and the realization of my body came back to me. I could hear my friends saying my name, asking if I was okay. I tried open my eyes, and man, was that a feat! It was hard just to open my eyes (keep in mind I had just heavily tranquilized myself) and I remember telling my friends that I was just going to lay here and to come get me in the morning, as I was so comfortable where I was (a series of noooo's and laughs came from this), not quite understanding where I was or what had happened. The sky had started to lighten at this point, and it hurt to open my eyes to the brightness of the day. And I couldn't move! It was damn near impossible. My friend M was hugging me and talking to me, and I was so comforted by her. Then S picked me up over his shoulder and we set forth back to camp. I remember glimpses of the festival as we made our way back, but I was so groggy. Here our group was met by the rest of our campsite, including my boyfriend, who was not impressed by the sight of my limp body hanging over our friend's shoulder. I was set down on the grass, and my boyfriend was upset enough to not help me into our tent. So I had no choice but to lay there, because I literally couldn't move! After what was probably an hour, maybe more, I could of slept there for awhile, but I was finally able to drag myself into our tent.

The next morning I felt shitty about how I had overdone it, and felt sluggish and sad. But after a few bowls of hash, a few joints, and a good breakfast, we set forth for the river to start on the new day, and I felt happy and intrigued at the experience I had the night before.

After this trip, I understand that K is a more comfortable drug when you are with a group of friends, and in a setting where you can be comfortable and safe, because you probably won't be moving for awhile. The first time I had done K, I hadn't done nearly as much as I had the second time, so I was able to keep a grasp on reality and control my body. I know people that do K and go party, but the amount I took had impaired me from doing so. I would definitely try it again, but this time I want to do it in my bed! (My friend M says its absolutely delightful doing it that way). I don't think I would go party on it personally, I don't like the idea of being hazed out in a setting like a music festival or a rave. In my experience I didn't feel unsafe in anyway, because I am just glad I was surrounded by people who I could trust to take care of me. If I hadn't of been, my wonderful boyfriend so kindly told me 8) , bad things could happen when you have no clue what is going on, where you are, or even who you and others are. But I was embarrassed, for sure, and it taught me a lot about my K tolerance!

Thank you for reading about my experience! I enjoyed writing it all out!

Good report, fully enjoyed reading it.
Sounds like you had a good time.
I'd experiment a bit more, find your limits. See where things take you, before you decide to take a solo trip. K can be risky business when you're on your own. I'm speaking from experience.

Keep safe and have fun! :)

Peace

Sounds a cool trip. Was good you had some good mates around to look after you. K is a very versatile drug, you can do little 20mg bumps and go out and be fairly functional once you get used to its effects. In low doses it has a bit of a speedy euphoric effect for me, everything takes on a dream like quality and you feel like an observer of your self. The last time i did it I played table football with a mate for hours then went to a cocktail bar where they serve pitchers of cocktails in teapots, it was very strange. With large doses I prefer to be at home where I can lie down and feel safe.