Mental Health Ketamine? long/ short term success NEED HELp!

Cloudman115

Bluelighter
looking to go onto a ketamine diet, doctor prescribed. What’s your success stories? IV vs nasal ? Depression , pain management, ocd, mPTSD .

has it worked for you? And if so, how long.
thanks,
guys girls.

I am struggling with alcoholism and depression. did anybody have success with ketamine to help them? Both sort and long term

bt

Hey there! We actually have Mental Health forums here which is where I'm going to send this. This would be at home here in Basic Drug Discussion if you had issues surrounding your physical safety or something. Being that it's more open-ended and not really Harm Reduction per se, I've gotta let this baby bird fly.

I'm diagnosed with bipolar 2 and have been depressed more often than not for at least the last 10 years. SSRIs and SNRIs have had very limited effect on me, and I've also been put on some antipsychotics without that helping anything. Ketamine has had a rapid and dramatic effect. I was also addicted to opiates for about four years, and give ketamine a fair bit of credit for me being out of active addiction for about a year now (there have been some relapses but only one-day deals, some months since last time). It has to be stated that it's no magic bullet and you still have to work to get well.

I've gone to a clinic where I've had it administered both IV and IM, both seem equal in terms of relief. The treatments at the clinic are however way too expensive for me in the long run, so now I'm trying to continue on my own. At home I've tried both nasal and subcutaneous injections. Nasally it doesn't seem to be worthwhile therapeutically for me, but on a side note I do like it better that way for recreation. SC seem equal to IV and IM in my experience.

I get very noticable relief from depression and anhedonia. For me the antidepressant effect seems to last about two to three months before depression creeps back in.

To get the most out of it therapeutically it seems to me like binges or too frequent use is a no go, it needs to be single doses (preferrably hole level) spaced a week or more apart. This can be a problem if you're fond of the experience (I sure am), so either get only small amounts at a time or have someone more disciplined keep your stash and ration it.

How effective it is and what regimen that works best seems to vary a lot from person to person though.

I'm diagnosed with bipolar 2 and have been depressed more often than not for at least the last 10 years. SSRIs and SNRIs have had very limited effect on me, and I've also been put on some antipsychotics without that helping anything. Ketamine has had a rapid and dramatic effect. I was also addicted to opiates for about four years, and give ketamine a fair bit of credit for me being out of active addiction for about a year now (there have been some relapses but only one-day deals, some months since last time). It has to be stated that it's no magic bullet and you still have to work to get well.

I've gone to a clinic where I've had it administered both IV and IM, both seem equal in terms of relief. The treatments at the clinic are however way too expensive for me in the long run, so now I'm trying to continue on my own. At home I've tried both nasal and subcutaneous injections. Nasally it doesn't seem to be worthwhile therapeutically for me, but on a side note I do like it better that way for recreation. SC seem equal to IV and IM in my experience.

I get very noticable relief from depression and anhedonia. For me the antidepressant effect seems to last about two to three months before depression creeps back in.

To get the most out of it therapeutically it seems to me like binges or too frequent use is a no go, it needs to be single doses (preferrably hole level) spaced a week or more apart. This can be a problem if you're fond of the experience (I sure am), so either get only small amounts at a time or have someone more disciplined keep your stash and ration it.

How effective it is and what regimen that works best seems to vary a lot from person to person though.

You touch on a point I’ve often wondered. The therapeutic difference between IV/IM and intranasal.. Could you expand upon that point more? How and why is it different?

I’ve been tempted to give myself an IM injection because I’ve never tried it and trust the purity of the product I get. I use it primarily for its long term antidepressant effects. I usually get a week from a tiny bump snorted, you say 2-3mos from IM?

-GC

It's so interesting how the antidepressant effect of this drug works so fast. Jeez I prefer IM better than any other routes but well I got access to pharma k so it's cool 4 me, no risks, I know how much I am taking and it's pure. With a dose of 100mg Im/iv is enough to make me feel gewddd.

Monitor bladder/kidney function and draw back if you start noticing pain, difficulty peeing, discolored urine, decreased bladder volume (feeling like you gotta pee sooner), and low urine volume.

This goes double if these things stick around after using.

Bladder damage from K is likely a combo of chemical damage to cells, and effects of K on receptors altering the growth of cells in the bladder.

I've done oral before with ketamine lozenges, they help quite a bit, especially ritualized (I like going out to a park and doing it under the sun, on the grass. It's fun) 💜

You touch on a point I’ve often wondered. The therapeutic difference between IV/IM and intranasal.. Could you expand upon that point more? How and why is it different?

I’ve been tempted to give myself an IM injection because I’ve never tried it and trust the purity of the product I get. I use it primarily for its long term antidepressant effects. I usually get a week from a tiny bump snorted, you say 2-3mos from IM?

-GC

I don't know why - I've seen speculations that injection/infusion trigger a specific cascade of effects that for some reason other ROAs don't, but I don't know if there's been anything conclusive about that. I've also been thinking for myself that maybe I associate snorting drugs more with pure recreation/hedonism (and even abuse) so that might dampen the effect on some level. Anyway I don't seem to get much in terms of antidepressant effect insufflated - when I get it it's brief and sometimes I've even felt more depressed afterwards. Injections have consistently made me feel better and yeah the effects are pretty long lasting.

Does anyone have experience with plugged ketamine for therapeutic use? Reports on bioavailability seem all over the place, with some rating it more or less equal to oral while some insisting it's more powerful than nasal, approaching IM even.

looking to go onto a ketamine diet, doctor prescribed. What’s your success stories? IV vs nasal ? Depression , pain management, ocd, mPTSD .

has it worked for you? And if so, how long.
thanks,
guys girls.

I am struggling with alcoholism and depression. did anybody have success with ketamine to help them? Both sort and long term

bt
It’s amazing but for only 3 days. I’m going crazy trying to get it to help for more than that. Absolutely no depression and no desire for alcohol, but then on day 3 I have the hugest most heartbreaking crash. Awful.