• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ketamine/Lidocaine Cream - Alternate administration for pain control?

___ouch___

Greenlighter
Hey everyone.

I'm kind of new to bluelight and am writing looking for help with a debilitating pain condition.

I have a genetic disorder that affects my joints. I've been struggling with it since was about five years old but recently it has sort of attacked my hands and wrists in a truly extreme way.

I've tried treatment plans and multiple medications. Many of the medications have made me very ill some have done nothing to help at all. Got some cortisone injections last week which provided no relief whatsoever.

I've been prescribed a pain cream that includes ketamine 5%, ketoprofen 10%, lidocaine lipo 5%.

I started using it as prescribed but it had no impact on the pain. I tried increasing application up to 50% also without any reduction in pain. I have no interest in getting high. I would just like some reprieve from this constant suffering. Does anyone have any ideas of alternative administrations for this cream that might help me?

I may also be able to get a prescription for a topical morphine gel. So if my current topical can't provide relief even with alternative administrations, perhaps the morphine gel will?

Thanks in advance to anyone whom may have advice or cautionary information regarding my situation.

I was prescribed a similar gel but all I know is it contained Ketamine and Diclofenac. The bottle says between 1-8 turns of the nozzle so you may just need more for any medical effect. If at the maximum dose it isn't helping, definitely go for the Morphine cream. I'd rather the pills personally but then again never have tried a topical form. Best wishes

the Ketamine will sedate your nerves and muscles while the lidocaine will numb the surface and if you rub it in well, it'll numb the area pretty well.

Hey everyone.

I'm kind of new to bluelight and am writing looking for help with a debilitating pain condition.

I have a genetic disorder that affects my joints. I've been struggling with it since was about five years old but recently it has sort of attacked my hands and wrists in a truly extreme way.

I've tried treatment plans and multiple medications. Many of the medications have made me very ill some have done nothing to help at all. Got some cortisone injections last week which provided no relief whatsoever.

I've been prescribed a pain cream that includes ketamine 5%, ketoprofen 10%, lidocaine lipo 5%.

I started using it as prescribed but it had no impact on the pain. I tried increasing application up to 50% also without any reduction in pain. I have no interest in getting high. I would just like some reprieve from this constant suffering. Does anyone have any ideas of alternative administrations for this cream that might help me?

I may also be able to get a prescription for a topical morphine gel. So if my current topical can't provide relief even with alternative administrations, perhaps the morphine gel will?

Thanks in advance to anyone whom may have advice or cautionary information regarding my situation.
I get the same cream except mines the 10% ketamine and if uou rub it in with hot water for two or three mins that helps but the best way is to plug it but be careful cause it is nothing like rubbing it on i would do less than one squirt starting out!!

I get the same cream except mines the 10% ketamine and if uou rub it in with hot water for two or three mins that helps but the best way is to plug it but be careful cause it is nothing like rubbing it on i would do less than one squirt starting out!!
Never thought of that before
+rep