• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Ketamine for Oxycodone withdrawal

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I'm due to run out of my Oxycodone script a few days early. Currently I'm sitting on 3g (3000mg) of "99% crystal rock form" Ketamine. I've had it before and it's pretty darn powerful, it's the most potent Ketamine I've ever had actually. Normally I would use Clonazepam to mitigate most of the withdrawal symptoms but I've got none. Will Ketamine be useful in making life easier while I go into acute Oxycodone withdrawal? The only problem I've got with Ketamine is its very short half life. I'd have to redose roughly every 45-60 mins. And I'd like to avoid a k-hole so what dose would u recommend?

Cheers guys!

i've only had ketamine during my catheta being fitted while i had an emergency hospital admission. barring the recreational odd line of k i snorted in my early 20s. i would have to say K is a bit of a much ado about nothing substance but seriously has an affect on your ability to focus visually, it feels like your eyes are rolling backward or your field of view kind of is. even with your eyes shut. those images tend to go anti-clockwise. i found this on the medical grade stuff too, to a lesser extent.

i say do not misuse k, you need oodles of ice and the willpower to smoke it to exit a k-hole. not worth the 'trippy' so-called effects. that or go mix it with some mdma if you can smuggle any into this tight arse continent. the synergy is good in mild doses and pills that are about 110-120mg md.

Okay, so what we're dealing with here is going to be nearly impossible to actually narrow down. If you're asking what effect a Dissociative Anesthetic like Ketamine will have upon the negative symptoms of your Opioid withdrawal, we're not going to be able to help with that. The effects of all drugs are ultimately subjective and Ketamine is, of course, no different. Another confusing aspect of Ketamine, as you've kind of alluded to, is the fact that its effects are not so much "linear" as they are divided into phases, each phase having a radically different effect.

One can "catch a little buzz" off of Ketamine and one can also completely anesthetize (eliminate the ability to perceive reality) themselves. This makes things pretty difficult for the individual trying to be reasonable and safe. Only because there are a lot of other threads that I'd like to address, I have to give you the painfully simple answer:

I believe you could very easily end up over-medicating yourself with the Ketamine if you're using it to alleviate Opioid withdrawal. Literally anything can happen when you're in a "K-Hole". I know a guy who woke up with a broken arm once. I myself had what I would call an "unwanted" sexual experience with this chick when we were doing Ketamine. My point is that a Ketamine is unpredictable.

So what ur saying is don't touch ket while going through opioid withdrawal and suffer?

It defo helps opiate withdrawals I know multiple peeps who have used to come off opiates.

Just start with a tiny key bump and wait 15-30 minutes and do another if your WDs are still bad. 3000mg should last you a while.

Good luck buddy.

25-30mg worked for me, to get rid of opiate withdrawals. There is better medication that you can get though imo that will take pretty much 100% of them away (at least in my case). Gabapentin is farrrrr superior x1000. And its easy to get from your doctor.

I wouldn't want to be in a k-hole and vomit at the same time; this could become a fatal mistake. Poppy pods, seeds could work for your situation too. You could taper and stop (if you wanted) using poppies much easier. Ketamine is a little bit of a gamble.

I am not saying don't use it at all. It could likely make you much more comfortable throughout the process. I apologize if there was too much conjecture here. My point is such: When one is experiencing the intense pain of Opioid withdrawal, they tend to reach for literally anything that might help. I have been there, so of course I can empathize. You'll no doubt notice that over the years, we, as a community have more or less beaten the horse that is "the medication of Opioid withdrawal" to death. It's practically unrecognizable at this point ;)

Certain drugs are indeed indicated by both us and the Man as well to treat withdrawal. Gabapentinoids, for example, have been a true god-send for both myself and my peers. I consider them to be in the same league as Opioid maintenance. The only problem is that the Man has heard our positivity. Droves of addicts are now saying "Oh my god I love these drugs". This is not their fault. Their nomenclature has kind of screwed them. The Man seems to have a relative understanding of the situation, but they seem to have no idea that Gabapentinoids are not so much "fun" as they are "functional". When we tell our MD/PsyD's "wow, I think this might be helping me." This is generally when the medical community swoops in and ends the Gabapentin thing. I truly believe it is some kind of answer to those still strugglin.

The great thing with Ketamine is that it is pretty short acting. You can play around with it pretty good, just taking little sniffs here and there. It's actually pretty easy for me to avoid the whole K-Hole thing. However, these things can be like going to the grocery store when you're starving. Some folks, myself included sometimes just want to be numb. Not there. These emotion often lead to overmedication and some potential bullsh8t.

Ketamine will help with many of the negative symptoms of withdrawal, just be careful please. Many "nights out with the boys in which both Ethanol and Ketamine are involved" Well, withing 15 minutes of entering a joint and drinking somebody's gonna get bounced for callin the waitress a cunt and your best friend Roger? Wait, where is Roger? Wait, what's all that yelling from the next block over? It's Roger getting taisered and the getting a nice club to the back of the knee while down. As you try to talk to roger, you realize he is not capable of making it ten block on foot. Then the next morning when you pick up a bloody, battered and mugged Roger, he says, what happened? Certain drugs are better for solo/small friend group use.

I'm not saying this will happen, but people often gloss over the importance of these moments in our lives and often, when we decided to say fuck it and continue. An individual in Opioid withdraw, first and foremost is in an extremely dangerous position. Many of those find a universally-unique ability to immediately split their minds. I know this personally. The way that I always explained it was: I'm a good person. I love and care for my family, i volunteer etc. Then there's this other little compartment in my mind devoid of emotion/ caring. This reptilian primal aspect of my thought process involves saying, "once I have my Heroin", I can be Ry again. That other compartment in my mind isn't present. We're normal, right? Oh, wait, I stole a check, forged it and immediately ran to Lawrence to get dope and came back.

No big deal right? Everything is normal? Addiction sucks. As someone who considers himself in the top 5 smartest people in the universe, it has always been a rather unpleasant reality bitchslap to find that of all the things that I've learned about, all the things that interest me, pharmacology included, that my own crazy mind is the biggest enigma in the entire world. Oh yes,

I wouldn't want to be in a k-hole and vomit at the same time; this could become a fatal mistake. Poppy pods, seeds could work for your situation too. You could taper and stop (if you wanted) using poppies much easier. Ketamine is a little bit of a gamble.
Opium, poppy pods and seeds gives IMO the worst and longest (1-2 months) WD's and so have said by many people who have quit heroin also, because it has 7 different opioid alkoloids and has half-life of 24h. And it's actually very hard to tapper with them, because each pod and seeds (not inside where is none but the poppy milk on them) have different amount of alkoloids, same with opium made for smoking or raw opium.

I recommend loperamide tapering, I've found that it's the most efficient way to stop opioids by tappering, loperamide WD's itself are pretty mild and last only 7 days, in that 7 days you can take gapapentin for 3 first days and after that 4 days some heavily sedating benzos and you won't even feel any wd's after that. It's good that oxycodone have short half-life so it means it has short wd's, worst opioids to stop are the long half-life ones, like opium and methadone, also buprenorphine but the wd's are lighter because it's not full-antogonist. With long half-life opioids I always recommend to switch to short half-life opioids before quitting.

So what ur saying is don't touch ket while going through opioid withdrawal and suffer?

You don't have to suffer, that is totally wrong mindset. I can't understand people who say yes you will and have to suffer. In many countries like Turkey they can put you in "coma" for 1 week for heroin WD's, so you don't have to suffer them, but it's very expensive. I never ever go straight cold turkey taking nothing for any WD's when I have binging on something. I never poly-use drugs, so I can use other drugs to ease the WD's. Ketamine should fix depression, so you're mood will be much better and you are more successful in quitting addiction. If you are depressed there is very high risk of relapsing. So first mission is always get rid of depression.

Also ibogaine is other option. In bluelight most people have old and wrong mindset, you need to suffer to be a new clean man, that's why I never read Darkside, it's depressing, cynical and hateful, there isn't much info how to quit succefully without much pain. Hell I should open my own detox center where people can quit without thinking of suicide.

But ketamine for depression and anxiety is done by taking it two days in row, not daily 0,1g doses. Tho' it helps with physical WD's, but long term daily ketamine use can cause depression, so the opposite effect.

Last edited:
In Turkey, I haven't really heard about assisted week long coma in order to go through opiate withdrawal recently. We don't have methadone here but only Suboxone. Maybe there are some cases around but it's not the norm. Even if they do it, as you said, it must be pretty expensive.
Some private doctors, clinics prescribe Tramadol, Valium and Loperamide for their patients to taper and withdraw at home.
I thought that poppy tea would be a good option to taper because of its long half life. It could be a smoother and more level way of gradually decreasing the amount of opiate being used. On the other hand, I agree that it would become a bigger problem if one gets addicted to it instead of using it as a help to taper gradually. I might be wrong though.

Reactions: Ne0
In Turkey, I haven't really heard about assisted week long coma in order to go through opiate withdrawal recently. We don't have methadone here but only Suboxone. Maybe there are some cases around but it's not the norm. Even if they do it, as you said, it must be pretty expensive.
Some private doctors, clinics prescribe Tramadol, Valium and Loperamide for their patients to taper and withdraw at home.
I thought that poppy tea would be a good option to taper because of its long half life. It could be a smoother and more level way of gradually decreasing the amount of opiate being used. On the other hand, I agree that it would become a bigger problem if one gets addicted to it instead of using it as a help to taper gradually. I might be wrong though.
I read some article in Vice about one turkish guy who went to that coma thing in Turkey after using heroin for 2 years daily, but he was very rich so he was able to pay approx 64017 TRY for it, it was maybe 5 years ago. Also in Kazakstan they have/had it.

But it sounds in Turkey they have much better doctors than in most parts of the Europe, in Europe I don't think they ever would give you valium and tramadol to take home to stop using hard opioids.

If I may as is opium popular/wildly available in Turkey or what kind of opioids are used there usually? I have one Turkish friend and he said there is heroin but the police is very harsh if you get caught and end up in prison easily. I once was in Turkey for a short time and at least at airport pharmacy they didn't sell any opioid OTC, not even codeine syrup which is OTC often in other countries. I know in Afghanistan and Iran they have long tradition with opium, and what I understand most of people who use do it every now and then and not getting addicted to it. I'm sure lots of cheap opium and heroin flows thought and to Turkey from there. What I've heard in Afghanistan pretty much pure heroin is 1g is around 5$, cheap for westerners but for locals must be as expensive as in some European country.

Last edited: