• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Ketamine - First Time

msgtha

Greenlighter
Hi, Firstly I have looked at other similar posts but none fit my exact situation.

I currently suffer from some minor mental illnesses, mostly to do with sleep and occasionally mood. I take a few drugs, Mirtazapine, Imipramine and Pregabalin.

In my spare time, every 3 or 4 months I buy a supply (200) of 10mg MSJ Diaz (Doc usually only gives me 28 x 5) which go pretty quickly. I am aware of the potential of addiction and dependency and stay months without taking.

Now I have heard good things and read lots of evidence based research on Doctors / Nursing research databases about the effect on Ketamine on depression and sleep issues. My main problem is that I do not have any paraphernalia for measuring correct amounts etc, I rather take my medication in oral, capsule or tablet form.

Now when I take it, I wont take any other medication with it, but I am thinking a small dose by itself, but what is a small dose? can I get this in any other format than crystal or powder? should I take it when I am with someone who can look after me?

Thank you for any further information you can provide. I am not necessarily after the recreational effects but more to see if it helps with secondary conditions in any way. although I wouldn't complain if it did feel nice
:D
:)

I am not after medical advice but more on whether I could get it in a different format and how much is safe for a first timer, I am quite a big guy (17st) so sleeping tabs / benzos I need to take more to feel an effect.

Hello there! I took Ketamine for my depression as well. I was able to obtain Pharma grade IV/IM ketamine and used it for about 4 weeks or so. For me, I used 25mg twice a week and almost instantly my depression felt much better (after it wore off). After those several weeks, my depression had gone completely away! It was amazing!

Im not sure how the doctors use ketamine (as I treated myself), whether its an infusion over several hours using very little (milligram wise) or just giving it IV/IM. I can tell you from my experience, the IM route worked.

You dont need a 'sitter' to watch you while you take it, but it wouldn't hurt (assuming you're using it in small doses).

As for dosing, im not sure what "17st" is, but anywhere from 10-30mg should be okay (when using it for depression). Since you're a big guy, id take 25-30mg. Obviously, test the medicine first before you go "all out". Im not huge, but 25mg worked for me...so I just kept it at that dose (I was 160lbs at the time I used it).

I have no idea if you can IV/IM the powder... Sometimes drugs will completely dissolve in liquid (like #4 heroin) and other times it won't. Maybe someone else can help you with the best way of taking it. Snorting it isnt bad though. IM'ing street drugs is always risky lol

Im not sure if you've ever took ketamine before, but it will give you a feeling like you never had. I personally didnt like it, but you'll definitely be okay :)

Wish you the best of luck!

To Chris: "17st" I believe (pretty sure) is 17 stone which equals approximately 238lbs.

As far as the original post I don't have answers. That's actually why I'm here. I too am looking to try ketamine NON-recreationally. I've heard lots of great things about it helping and would love to see answers from people more experienced.