• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine Bladder? Anyone with some experience?

Stargate

Greenlighter
Visited the doctor today, no blood in my urine, no infection and my renal function blood test was perfect according to the doctor, so this rules out a kidney issue.

I don't drink, smoke or take any drugs really. Over 2 years I took no K and before that maybe only a handful of times.

Recently I had a mini holiday and had access to around 3g of Racemic (R/S) which I took over the course of 2 weeks, after a week break I ended up taking so much R-isomer Ket in one go I ended up in a dissociative coma for about 30 minutes (it could have been up to a gram in one go) - I believe this acute dose is what has caused the problems.

I have not taken Ket since and have no intention to do so but after no initial symptoms around a week later it has manifested itself as a Ketamine cystisis issue - I have a burning pain in the bladder, a frequent need to pee, relief when peeing and a loss of bladder volume. The symptoms are chronic and have not improved in the last 4 days.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I am concerned I have done some irreversible damage and have entered into a chronic condition.

See the thread below in this forum for all my experience. It seems to take a week for a flare to manifest itself after the use for me. Then it can take a while for it to decrease but it does, the only drug that seems to not worsen things is weed. Maybe some opiates.

The damage is likely permanent on some level but that in no way means you'll be in pain forever...just that the threshold for relapsing into bladder pain is super low with future drug use.

I've used moderately for a while: bear this in mind... Ketamine WILL make you more susceptible to infections, and once you get one they can linger for weeks or months in the background, ready to flare up next time your bladder is feeling a bit abused. I'd stay off it until you've 100% cleared up, but as a rule, it take a LOT of use to actually cause true problems, we're talking daily use over prolonged periods of time here. Don't underestimate the humble UTI, they feel horrible, linger like crazy, and once you get to 75+ years old, they literally make you trip BALLS. The amount of times as a paramedic I went to elderly people who were clearly suffering with a UTI, and they were full blown hallucination... a UTI acts as a full blown deliriant when you're old.

I've sat down with a 85 year old woman who'd called the police in a panic because children were running about her home messing it up. The police cottoned on and of course sent us... she kept pointing out these children, and could genuinely SEE them. She was so delirious we had to over-ride her capacity to consent, and forcibly take her to hospital for her own safety (she was on the verge of sepsis, which can kill even the healthiest people). Now that's a very different situation, but don't forget, a UTI is a VERY powerful condition, and you'll feel as if your bladder is RUINED if you get one properly, I've had a couple. They're evil. But Ketamine, while not good for the bladder really doesn't do damage until you start abusing it. Look after your bladder, too, hydrate properly and take cranberry suppliments, it all goes a long way to protecting the urinary system, which most people seem to abuse the HELL out of. I've had UTIs after abusing caffeine too much, the bladder doesn't like things which make you pee all your water out, the leave you dehydrated, and both Ketamine and caffeine do that.