View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ketamine and xanax combo

drgreenthumb00

Bluelighter
First post in a long time. Haven't been on this site in foreva. Anyways...... I'm acquiring some k and zannys in the near future. I know it probably isn't that safe to mix them. I'm just curious if anyone who has tried this combo can share their experience. I planned on only taking 1-2mg of alp while ripping lines of the kitty. Cheers!

Done it. It isnt really safe as you know but the alprazolam certainly adds to the ketamine dissociation and sedation. In the infinite wisdom of my youth I added cocaine to counteract the sedation which is even less adivisable.

It's not unsafe, ketamine is not a downer as many think. It does not lower pulse or blood pressure, it actually can elevate pulse a little. So adding xanax as a downer is not mixing downers.

The point is that xanax and other benzo's dull the experience and quickly leave much less to take from it. So then it becomes more like anaesthesia or narcosis, and what is the point in that really - unless you are really fucked up like michael jackson using propofol.

So leave the xanax, it will just take away from the ketamine experience. Use the xanax for when you feel very uncomfortable, then it can soothe.

Thank you for that Solpisis. Been too long since I have used ketamine and havent really kept up on it.

Hmm yeah me, too.. there is a global keta drought :( Have dabbled in other dissociatives since, but I am pretty nostalgic about k..

Much heavier benzos than xanax (dormicum = midazolam is typical) are combined with ketamine in the hospital, when operating on weak persons actually. Then again that is bad evidence since opiates and downers are also combined medically with supervision, and that is not safe to just run with recreationally.

Yeah, Ive dabbled with MXE, nitrous, and used DXM plenty of times but nothing holds as strong a place in my heart as K.

I starting reading about ketamine + benzos and found it is extremely common to use together for sedation and anaesthesia. I guess besides the synergy for such things, the midazolam also helps curb the emergence phenomenom associated with ketamine, so recreationally it probably is a waste to combine them, as you said although I never did experience that. Wasnt using heavy doses of Xanax though.

I've done the combo. Xanax dulls the ketamine heavily but it's still fairly enjoyable.

There was much discussion about possible Olney's lesions (which don't seem to occur acutely at any recreational dosage a human could ever take) and that benzodiazepines would protect against them, but also dull the experience. Clonidine might be the better agent for that, and it could be that it'd actually add to the experience, countering the stimulation - as Solpisis already said, ketamine is actually more of a stimulant (and a neuroprotective one to some extent) than a downer (while it indeed potentiates opioids, but this is somewhat complicated)! But this makes dissociatives so uniquely physically safe amongst all drugs in my eyes, as long as you don't mix them too much.

I miss MXE so much, it had just the perfect ratio of 5-HT, DA and NMDA (maybe even endorphin/enkephalin) activity. But it was a bit too psychotic in higher dosages, yay, so not recommended to 'hole' on it - but a combo of MXE + K makes a really good time. And nothing is able to top MXE as an antidepressant at low dosages ... it's really not addictive and probably not toxic too.

Here in Europe it's currently not hard to source really good ketamine again if you know where ... this has been much worse a year ago or so. But yes, it's expensive and probably they're controlling all much more than they should (if you ask me, that is). The resources'd better be spent otherwise. Taking down these heroin and cocaine cartels, or the political corruption and war. Financing science and all that.

Last edited: