View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine and Weird Bladder Problems

Rastahund

Bluelighter
I've been doing ketamine every day for about a year... A g a day, usually. Before that, I have done it periodically for 7 years. Lately, I'm noticing weird bladder problems that don't seem consistent to other ketamine user's symptoms and I don't know if I should be worried or not.

I've noticed that I literally cannot feel my bladder. Like, it's numb. The only way I can tell that I need to pee is when it's almost coming out. When I do pee, it's completely clear. No yellow color. But it has a weird oil-y film and pieces floating in it. I have to pee very frequently and sometimes it's a lot, but sometimes it's barely any at all. I have no pain whatsoever.
I just had my kidney function tested and although the creatinine was on the upper side of normal, BUN tests were normal.

Should I be worried?
I'm trying to quit and so far, I have made it 3 days but it's hard.

Ya, you should be very worried. Ketamine is well known for causing significant bladder damage with abuse (and a gram everyday is definitely abuse). Just because it seems to subjectively "feel" different than much of what other users describe doesn't mean you aren't suffering from the same sort of damage. Also, for many high dose long term users, the damage has been irreparable. I would try to cease all use immediately, consume lots and lots of water, and discuss the issue honestly with a knowledgeable urologist.

I too am having weird bladder signs after using deschloroketamine on monday, tuesday, and thursday. Thing is my symptoms are different, sorta the opposite.
Normally I urinate a lot, but lately I've been urinating a lot less and my pee is yellow. Also tightness in my abdomen at times.
Would drinking lots of water help this? I really feel tempted to dose more tho so I know how you feel OP when it comes to loving dissos..

http://www.nursingtimes.net/addressing-ketamine-bladder-syndrome/5031324.fullarticle

when its in the nursing times you know its a real and prevalent problem

stop it now or cause rapid progression

Box 1 Bladder symptoms associated with ketamine use
Patients may experience some or all the following symptoms:

Increased day time frequency Voiding too often. Ketamine causes the bladder to shrink and become fibrotic, so that subsequently it can only hold a small amount of urine at a time.
Urgency A sudden, compelling desire to urinate, which is difficult to defer.
Urge urinary incontinence Involuntary leakage accompanied by urgency.
Increased bladder sensation A persistent desire to void or a constant sensation of fullness in the bladder that is unrelieved by urination.
Pelvic, bladder and or urethral pain Suprapubic, or urethral pain related to bladder filling. It can develop suddenly and severely, particularly as the bladder fills with urine and on voiding.
Haematuria The appearance of blood in the urine, as the bladder can become ulcerated.
Source: Adams et al (2002)

CosmicKoala, you're dehydrated. Just drink more water. Ketamine and it's analogues are salts.... your body needs more water when you're ingesting them.

pofacedhoe, thank you. That was actually a very informational article. I would love to go to a urologist... I just don't have health insurance. I guess my only option is to stop using, which I have been doing.

theacidtest, thanks for the advice. You're right, symptoms are subjective so no one may even be able to relate to what I'm feeling even if they may be going through the same thing.

CosmicKoala, you're dehydrated. Just drink more water. Ketamine and it's analogues are salts.... your body needs more water when you're ingesting them.

pofacedhoe, thank you. That was actually a very informational article. I would love to go to a urologist... I just don't have health insurance. I guess my only option is to stop using, which I have been doing.

theacidtest, thanks for the advice. You're right, symptoms are subjective so no one may even be able to relate to what I'm feeling even if they may be going through the same thing.

One of my friends has caused irreparable damage to his bladder with ketamine use. I don't really have much in the way of details because he's embarassed and it's very hush hush.

I'm afraid I don't have more details, because he's so ebarassed he didn't want people to know, but he certainly isn't the first.

Would they not eventually have the option to get an artificial bladder or like a pig's bladder, in developed countries when insured, and in relatively young people? Just curious..

When I was a heavy K user I did have some pains from bladder / gall bladder cramps type stuff and GI problems but it never got serious like that. At some point I switched to IM so that I could manage with lower doses and it felt so much cleaner. However IM really poses other issues, that I wouldn't necessarily recommend unless you can deal well with them)

It would be difficult to transfer the nerves I think.

Ketamine is a known causer of neurogenic bladder. Stop use immediately. Try memantine or DXM in the meantime.

Ketamine, MXE and MXP can all give you UT issues. I've known people that have had significant issues with their bladder from abuse of those compounds. Lots of difficulty urinating, feeling like you have to piss constantly, odd sensations in the bladder and kidneys. There's an interesting documentary on Ketamine, and if you ever watch it, you can see a guy who did shitloads of K and had his bladder removed and has to catheterize himself all day every day because of it. I had a run in with MXE that made me start having issues with urinating and such and I dropped that shit like a hot potato. My kidneys and bladder mean more to me than any drug. You can drink all the water you want and when you look into why these compounds damage the UTract, you'll realize all the water in the world won't do anything.

Ketamine, MXE and MXP can all give you UT issues. I've known people that have had significant issues with their bladder from abuse of those compounds. Lots of difficulty urinating, feeling like you have to piss constantly, odd sensations in the bladder and kidneys. There's an interesting documentary on Ketamine, and if you ever watch it, you can see a guy who did shitloads of K and had his bladder removed and has to catheterize himself all day every day because of it. I had a run in with MXE that made me start having issues with urinating and such and I dropped that shit like a hot potato. My kidneys and bladder mean more to me than any drug. You can drink all the water you want and when you look into why these compounds damage the UTract, you'll realize all the water in the world won't do anything.

DAAAAAMN, thats some scary shit...I'm drinking tea which has herbs in it to help with kidney function and health. Also do you mind going into detail as to why these compounds damage the UTract? Never really had that many problems with MXE, but just with my short binge of DCK I've been noticing weird signs. Not gonna dose the stuff daily anymore, just every now and then.

Also does O-PCE and 3-MEO-PCP cause these same problems??

I do not see any of this an inherit danger of these chemicals but it screams of the inherit danger of abusing drugs.
There aren't many drugs that dont cause serious problems if you take them compulsively and frequently.
In fact the only one that comes to mind is THC.
I do Disso's once a month and don't think I'ld ever develop a bladder issue because of my use.
The real lesson here is to be responsible with your drug use.

I do not see any of this an inherit danger of these chemicals but it screams of the inherit danger of abusing drugs.
There aren't many drugs that dont cause serious problems if you take them compulsively and frequently.
In fact the only one that comes to mind is THC.
I do Disso's once a month and don't think I'ld ever develop a bladder issue because of my use.
The real lesson here is to be responsible with your drug use.

Yeah from that second page of research that The Shadow Self posted, it seems the bladder problems stem from abuse. So I'm no longer gonna use DCK daily. I haven't used any in the last two days and things seems to be returning to normal. Gonna try to limit my usage to 3 days a week, not in a row of course.

It's just so hard for me to limit disso usage because I love it so much, I guess I gotta learn some discipline simply.
This thread has been very informative and helpful. Thank you all!

I hate to double post but I do have a question for anyone and everyone who can answer it.
What dissociatives are bladder/UTrack/kidney safe? Are any at all?
Thanks in advance!!

It's true that abusing drugs like Ketamine is certainly much more likely to cause UT problems and such, and one of the problems is that K is ridiculously addicting for many people. In fact, two of the worlds leading researchers of Ketamine, died from Ketamine abuse. They were IVing it and simply could not stop. It is one of those drugs that many have a tremendous affinity for, and has a combination of effects that are at once hypnotic, dissociative, and psychedelic. Not only that, but it is an incredible anti-depressant. Same is true for MXE...it's the constellation of effects, I believe, that had shitloads of people craving it and looking for sources online for a few years. If you recall, MXE was THE drug everyone wanted for quite some time, and to be honest, I am glad it's harder to get now. I had a problem with it and had a hard time not using it if I had it. I used to buy it in 5 gram packs and wouldn't stop until it was gone. By then, I'd have another 5 gram pack on the way. I abused it, without a doubt. And with all the other RCs, it's a crapshoot taking them as so little is known about them. No one really knows what long-term use can do to the body and the mind.
Anyway, both Marcia Moore and D.M. Turner died while "experimenting" with K. Also, if you ever get the chance, read "Ketamine: Dreams and Realities by Karl Jansen. Some of the anecdotes from users will blow your minds. It seems that K has the potential to transport some users to places not even conventional psychedelics can get you.

I hate to double post but I do have a question for anyone and everyone who can answer it.
What dissociatives are bladder/UTrack/kidney safe? Are any at all?
Thanks in advance!!
Again, I think they are all bladder safe as long you don't use them on a daily/ weekly basis.
Like 99% of all drugs... If you use them all the time then your going to develop some sort of major health problem no matter what the substance is (marijuana and maybe a FEW others are the exception)

I've taken the last 3 Month 3 times Ketamine. Not more than 40mg each time and at least 2 weeks in between. I'm experimenting with it for medical reasons (chronic depression) so I'm not abusing it. Anyway After the last time - that was sunday - I've kind of developed pain in the bladder region. Is it even possible after this short time to develope a cystitis due to ketamine?
Sure I could go to the doctor but often the doctors aren't trained for this kind of questions. I'm pretty sure that he would recommend me just to wait and take some painkillers.