• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ketamine and beta blockers? Help?

Ty7

Greenlighter
Hi I am taking propranolol for anxiety I was wondering if anyone knows if these two would be safe to mix I can’t find any information anywhere!

Hey there Ty! I'd firstly like to welcome you to the forums! Sorry it took us so long to respond, but we are here! Propranolol (Inderal) should not have any kind of seriously negative reaction with the Ketamine. Assuming that you are using reasonable dosages of each, you should have no problems. Ketamine is actually a remarkably safe drug despite what most people would expect. Part of why it has seen so much use is because it is an anesthetic that doesn't have a depressant effect on respiration, which is the symptom that typically causes death among Opioid users.

The biggest danger with Ketamine is finding yourself completely anesthetized and not being able to take care of yourself. I was just in another thread where I was talking about an acquaintance that woke up from a "K-Hole" with a broken arm. So, it's a pretty safe drug, but you need to limit your usage to a reasonable level.

Kief is correct. The biggest risk with ketamine use is with chronic usage... it can cause severe bladder and kidney damage, but this is not an issue with occasional use. Besides, of course, if you take it in an unsafe situation and are unable to look after yourself. Generally, as far as dissociatives go, it produces more sedation and immobilization at high dosages than most others, so is safer to dose high with.