View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine Allergy?

Xtc <3

Bluelighter
Hi there just a quick question about ketamine.

Whenever I snort more than 100mg of k I find that 5-10 mins after doing so as the drug begins to take effect my nose becomes really irritated and im blowing mucus out of it for the next hour or 2.

I also sneeze violently and when im not sneezing im feeling another sneeze build itself up (Which feels rather peculiar under the influence of k), this ofc really distracts me from the experience as it doesnt allow me to hole properly, or if I do hole I hole very briefly and come round with snot all over my face 8)

What I find most odd about this is that im fine when doing small amounts, my nose can handle lines up to about 80mg with no reaction whatsoever, even if I wait 5 mins and then bash another 80mg up there its still fine.

So whats the deal here, is it an allergic reaction? My nose can handle all sorts of other powders just fine, its just a problem with ket. Anyone else have this problem?

I was also looking into I.Ming ket to avoid having to put it up my nose so I can hole properly as the holes I experience atm are just a tease, would it be safe to I.M it though if my nasal passages dont agree with it (I dont want my leg itching and trying to eject mucus somehow lol)

Got a lot of research on proper I.M injection techniques to do first tho as it will be the first time I have ever used a needle, would you bluelighters say its best to avoid the needle altogether as im well aware its a step closer to a very slippery slope, however atm I feel that it will only be used I.M (Not I.V) and will only be used for ketamine, although I realise that after getting more accustomed to I.M'ing its a step closer to thinking ah fuck it why not bang something else, what do you guys and girls think?

Cheers =D

Ketamine is known for increasing secretions, like mucus and saliva. This is normal and not an allergic reaction.

This happens to me as well but i have more of a problem with the damn saliva puring out my mouth like a waterfall ha

Oops my bad about the thread placement I should have checked PD first for the ketamine thread, I didn't think that K would be classified as psychedelic.

Haha I have no problems with excess saliva just the damn mucus, anyone know why the body responds in this way? It must be for a reason right, im curious :p Does it increase secretions for everybody or just a small percentage as I know quite a few people who love their k and have no noticeable problems at all and label me as the freak lol

I doubt it's an allergic reaction. I think it's a pharmacological effect of the drug. Actually, I never had a problem with sneezing, but I always did have really excess mucous production. Quite revolting.

About the needles: my advice would be don't bother unless you are really compelled to do it. I used to IV and IM different psychedelics and I had a few nasty accidents. All my veins on my left arm are fucked, which means my circulation is semi-screwed in that arm, and my right arm has some semi-collapsed veins. I've also damaged some hand veins. I had to go to the hospital once because of a missed DPT shot. People can flame me for being a poor shot, but it doesn't make the risk of it go away. It's easier if someone else with skill can do it for you; injecting yourself is more difficult than you may think. IM is easier than IV and probably safer in the long-term if you use clean gear, but you still have to make sure you are injecting in to the correct place, that you don't hit an artery, that you don't hit a nerve, and that you inject at the correct depth.

I discovered rectal administration after I stopped using needles, and I have to say, there's nothing you can't get from rectal that you can get IM. Except it's alot safer, doesn't leave you bruised, and is very repeatable.

i too think this is more to do with the pharmacology of the drug than an allergic reaction. if it were an allergic reaction it would appear at any dose, and would probably be more severe with increased dose.

allergies also consist of other symptoms, more general, like skin rash/flush which you dont have.

regarding the im... i think you are looking for confirmation that it is a good / right idea, but i think you should make that decision yourself, and not look to have it sanctioned by others first. if you decide to do it, theres plenty of info out there on the pros/cons, and im sure many will be happy to answer more specific questions.

im-ed ket should have the same increse of mucus production side effect (in the nose/sinuses, not the point of injection), though i think on a smaller scale (because it is not irritant directly).

whatever you do, do your research, and clear your questions before you do anything.
cheers!

Cheers for the replies, I am already familiar with rectal admin and it is my favourite route for most psychedelics, just a shame it takes so much ketamine via that route of admin to be effective, nevertheless it may be worth a go.

The I.M idea will probably never come to fruition, especially if there's not much of a difference in effects from plugging, by the time I buy needles / micron filter etc its not going to be much cheaper either. At least MXE doesn't increase mucus production, gonna try mixing a pre-mucus dose of ket with 50mg MXE and see if I can hole properly ;)

Your description made it seem a little extreme for some reason but now that I think about it yes it's fairly normal (though 2 hours?....)
You lose less to drip when you do smaller amounts more frequently, unfortunately to get an exceptionally strong effect with drugs it is usually best to dose as high as you want to go immediately but with snorting this just isn't that effective. IM sounds like the shit if you want to do bolus dosing.

Yeah lasts well after the effect of the drug has worn off, especially with higher doses (130mg+) although after the first hour it becomes less violent and then im just left blowing my nose every 5 - 10 mins, by this time my nose is red and sore. I'm relieved to know that this is normal to some extent, i can continue to use my beloved ketamine :D.

And yeah bolus dosing is more up my street, which is why i'm a little dissapointed I can't rail amounts greater than 100mg

Hi all,

I'd like to ask a question relating to this. I have been recently reacting to K after snorting. My nose immediately gets blocked and I can't seem to snort anymore. I thought it was because I had a cold so I quit it for a bit. When I tried again, it happened again. I have tried saline nasal sprays and they help but still my nose is inflamed and blocked.

I also just tried it again and now I broke out with hives. I'm not certain that it has anything to do with the K but I'm assuming it does. I Google'd it and see that hives can be a symptom. Just wanted to see if anybody else is having these problems. Is anybody having these problems and do you know what to do?