View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine after MDMA

wastedwalrus

Bluelighter
I'm finally going to get the opportunity to try ketamine but I'm wondering how I should use it. My choices are by itself, on the comedown of a roll, or during a roll. I've heard that doing it on the comedown is amazing, but does it change its effects in any way? If so, how? If not, why do people enjoy it so much (on the comedown)? Also, is kittyflipping (combining the roll with the ket) out of the question? How do the effects of ket change when combined with MDMA (yes, I've been reading trip reports but I'd appreciate it anyways if I can hear from you all personally on this subject). This will be my first psychadelic/dissociative experience. Thanks.

I would suggest than any time you try a new drug for the first time, you try it by itself. That just comes from personal experience. You really won't "know" the drug if you are mixing it with other drugs; your mind will not be effected by Ketamine the same way if your mind was otherwise sober versus your mind was already effected by MDMA.

Ketamine while added to MDMA generally suppliments the MDMA (unless you take unusually high doses - which I would not reccomend for your first time :) ) rather than "combining" with it, such as hippyflipping or candyflipping, and the psychological effects unique to Ketamine are usually "overridden" by the MDMA. You are mixing a dissacoviative with a stimulant, after all.

If you take Ketamine by itself, some people will reccomend you "bump" your way up, but I say do a 50mg line and sit tight. That should be enough to let you know where the drug goes, but not enough to overwhelm you. Supplement that initial line with bumps every 10 minutes or so, according to how much you think you can handle and how it is effecting you. Too large a dose, and Ketamine can be extrememly overwhelming, and too small a dose, and you will still "feel it" but not get its full psychological effects.

If you take Ketamine while on MDMA, you need to keep in mind that an average recreational sub-K-Hole dose of Ketamine only lasts 30-60 minutes or so, while MDMA generally lasts 3-5 hours or longer. I would wait until you start to feel your pill just kicking in, and then do a bump. The idea is that the Ketamine will "kick in" your roll faster, and enhance the effects of MDMA. As your pill further kicks in, keep doing bumps as you see fit to keep the Ketamine levels close to the MDMA levels you are feeling. It really is up to personal preference and how each drug is effecting you at the time.

If you are waiting to take Ketamine until the comedown, wait until you notice a significant drop in your senseless-happiness level (the "roll"), or when you notice a significant energly level drop. Then, let loose with a bump in each nostril, and keep re-double-bumping as you see fit. The Ketamine will help your mind adjust to the psychological effects of the comedown, and will dissacosiate you from your tired, cracked out body.

i absolutely love K when i get home from the club after taking pills.

Just be SUPER CAREFUL! Its a very powerful drug. Like Cheshire Kat says, start small.

Cut up a small line, now cut that in half, and i bet its still too much. Seriously, you want little blobs of the stuff as opposed to lines. If you do too little then you can just take a bit more, but if you do too much then you will be melting into the floorboards for a while :)

some people like that, but its a bit too intense after pills for me. I like a little blob every 20 mins or so, it takes a bit of practice but after a while you will get the hang of it.

I truly is the best way to spend the early hours of sunday morning though, its a very very funny drug :)

have fun

Definitely start small. My boyfriend put himself so far into a k-hole he almost didn't come out. I do K by itself, but I did try it during a comedown from some pure molly I had. Not bad, but like it by itself more.

I think you should for sure go with whoever told you to do it on the comedown of MDMA. Your mind is still in a very sensitive suggestive state so it boosts the effects of ketamine a great deal. Your also a bit more chilled out and ketamine, especially the k hole is more of a chill internally focused experience. I think if you do it while on the MDMA you are a) wasting a portion of your MDMA roll and b) having two different class of drugs sort of tug back and forth and I personally don't feel I maximize my trip with either one that way.

If you have never done ketamine taking it by itself is probably the safest route to go but I think ketamine on the comedown of MDMA is a more enjoyable and worthwhile experience.

You might want to check the date on the threads you post in.

This one is 5 years old...

i absolutely love K when i get home from the club after taking pills.

Just be SUPER CAREFUL! Its a very powerful drug. Like Cheshire Kat says, start small.

Cut up a small line, now cut that in half, and i bet its still too much. Seriously, you want little blobs of the stuff as opposed to lines. If you do too little then you can just take a bit more, but if you do too much then you will be melting into the floorboards for a while :)

some people like that, but its a bit too intense after pills for me. I like a little blob every 20 mins or so, it takes a bit of practice but after a while you will get the hang of it.

I truly is the best way to spend the early hours of sunday morning though, its a very very funny drug :)

have fun

ha ha, props to the person who resurrected a 5 year old thread :)

Oh how my love of ket has changed since 2005 :) I think it's fucking disgusting now.

i'll be trying ket for the first time soon too am thinking about cobining with AMT but not until i'm well into the AMT trip. has anyone else tried this combo?

I would suggest than any time you try a new drug for the first time, you try it by itself. That just comes from personal experience. You really won't "know" the drug if you are mixing it with other drugs; your mind will not be effected by Ketamine the same way if your mind was otherwise sober versus your mind was already effected by MDMA.

Id go with that, when I read the OP that was my first thoughts too

All ravers who took mdma even the onesdont really like ket... Do say though nothing will stop a comedown phase like a lil lin of K

For some reason, I always get the sensation of dying when I take K after MDMA - no idea why, but it never fails. Had some real bad times with this combination. Though, I may have an atypical response - although typically, I have great fun with either drug alone - or used to, at least.