View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Keeping it together

Lackasham

Bluelighter
Ok so scored a couple tabs of some great acid, friend tested one and said it was top notch stuff. I've done plenty of LSD in my time I've been through some tough trips but it's been awhile since then. I'm going to do 2 tabs it's nothing crazy but I just want to hear some of your tried and true techniques for when the trip gets too overwhelming. Not talking taking benzos or any other substances just little tricks that can help you keep it together

Just try to remain calm, realize that the effects will pass no matter what happens, keep some track of the time, meditate, don't allow yourself to worry that the drugs have "messed you up" or any of that paranoia........ other than that, I have nothing really to add. Try to allow yourself to experience things without concentrating on the fact that your on a drug, that's also key in my opinion. Obviously, also don't do anything reckless or that has the potential to lead to dangerous consequences. Other than that, I don't really have anything else to add. If you are worried about freaking out, I suggest not dosing. When you are worried about freaking out, there is a high chance of actually freaking out.

What I do is repeat to myself in a mantra that this is temporary and it will pass. I try to change my setting. Going outside always helps, or even switching rooms. Putting on music that inspires a sense of comfort or beauty is a huge help. In general, subjecting my senses to things of comfort and beauty is what I try to do.

To quote my friend, "Bob Marley and lemonade".

These are great tips thank you.

I'm not too concerned with freaking out, I am in a much better set than many of my trips have taken place in and this is a lower dose than multiple other trips I've taken and I can handle overwhelming moments well on the outside. I can stay calm and such they just aren't fun mindspaces to be in. So I wasn't as much worried about freaking out as just being prepared for if it happens to move past it more quickly.

The mantra thing is something I have never tried but I know will work well. I still have a week or so before I am going to dose so I have time to get my mind where I want it but it's always good to plan in case of emergency and these ideas will definitely help. Thank you!

Movement helps me a lot whenever I get lost on LSD. Dancing, walking, spinning, taking a shower -- anything physical to take me away from my mind and ground me in my body. Also changing the music, changing the visuals, opening a window etc.

Simple. Learn to meditate. When things get uncomfortable, if you fight it you will just increase anxiety and compound the problem. If it's something uncomfortable that is going through your head, just let go and stop trying to control anything. Let go of the analytical side of the mind that tries to grasp and understand everything, the side that desperately wants to control and explain. Embrace the intuitive side of the mind that just feels and exists. Just go with the flow and let go, I know it sounds cliche but it has helped me tremendously. Meditation is an incredibly useful tool when regulating stressful or anxiety provoking states of mind, taking a few yoga classes will also help you understand breath work, how different breathing patterns can help regulate your mental disposition. When people get anxious or frustrated, scared, they start breathing faster and more shallow and this encourages norepinephrine release. Taking long and deep breathes helps you absorb more oxygen and slow your heart rate down so you can keep your cool.

for me i usually just try to calm down and put on some music that i really like and get in a comfortable position. usually laying in bed lol. i try to focus on the good aspects of the trip and not whatever seems to be overwhelming me. usually its just scary physical discomfort that ends up getting to me. sometimes a shower helps.

to be honest though the best tried and true methods and for myself one of the only things that always works is a trip sitter or someone who is more sober than i but understanding of the situation, to talk me through it and give me comfort.

Movement helps me a lot whenever I get lost on LSD. Dancing, walking, spinning, taking a shower -- anything physical to take me away from my mind and ground me in my body. Also changing the music, changing the visuals, opening a window etc.

Yeah very true, I forgot about that. Movement helps a lot, dancing to music can really elevate the effect of the music. I've gone from nervous and overwhelmed to brilliantly euphoric just by dancing to some good music.

Try to avoid calling the police to come and "help you". That never works out well.

Dancing, meditation and breathing tactics are things I will employ as well in fact those things sound like great activities for a trip in general!

lsmene; is it really a trip if the police aren't involved at some point!? Lol