• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kava

Thank you for your reply. I will write more soon to your other reply but this one made me laugh as I watch this livestreamer who is currently in Thailand and drinks kratom all day and he frequently forgets words as he's talking and will be constantly saying "the what-do-ya-call-it" and I thought it was from the kratom. He just raves on endlessly for hours and hours. I don't watch him all the time but hate-watch him now and then.

I only had kratom properly years ago when I bought 2kg online and then didn't want to get more addicted so didn't buy more and then years later I tried to find the vendor again and couldn't and got scammed once so gave up. It's illegal here so I don't bother with it now. I do like opiates but I can't get them any more.

The kava was interesting but unpredictable as you say. I got that initial euphoria after taking it then that went and I got annoyed a lot so it swung between the two. The kind of annoyance where things from your past come up and you want to yell at the person responsible. I didn't like that effect. I've still got the dry skin and it's bad and scaly under my eyes and dry and flaky all around but I bought sweet almond oil to try to moisturise it. Also dry skin all over. When I was on it it was like I had been sprayed with pepper spray and my eyes/tears were stinging badly.
well, you know, there's no free meal with substances, not even lighter ones like kratom or kava, or kanna (I guess)
for me that "forgetting words" shit only happens when I go "overboard" but overboard on my "standards" and my standards are pretty low (tend to do around 10 grams a day) so it can happen very easily if I'm hitting stronger strains or using another extra dose... Yeah, kratom fucks your brain temporarily.
Never had that effect on kava, the retro-anger thing, but I can start feeling the horrible dry skin and rash all over, and also close to my eyes... uhmmm not a good thing.
Kratom helps my diabetes type 1 so potently that I don't think I will stop using it unless I find something better in that domain (difficult). The withdrawals are less and less intense each time, literally a walk in the park, for me....

I don't expect to use kava daily, kava is so strong for me that I get tired of it after 3-5 days of daily use, I get so useless and idle that I feel I shouldn't do it, even when using it to "unwind" a hard day, induces too much laziness in my case, I cannot afford it...

well, you know, there's no free meal with substances, not even lighter ones like kratom or kava, or kanna (I guess)
for me that "forgetting words" shit only happens when I go "overboard" but overboard on my "standards" and my standards are pretty low (tend to do around 10 grams a day) so it can happen very easily if I'm hitting stronger strains or using another extra dose... Yeah, kratom fucks your brain temporarily.
Never had that effect on kava, the retro-anger thing, but I can start feeling the horrible dry skin and rash all over, and also close to my eyes... uhmmm not a good thing.
Kratom helps my diabetes type 1 so potently that I don't think I will stop using it unless I find something better in that domain (difficult). The withdrawals are less and less intense each time, literally a walk in the park, for me....

I don't expect to use kava daily, kava is so strong for me that I get tired of it after 3-5 days of daily use, I get so useless and idle that I feel I shouldn't do it, even when using it to "unwind" a hard day, induces too much laziness in my case, I cannot afford it...
I hear you. It's like what goes up must come down. With every high there is usually and equal low that follows. Funny you mentioned kanna as I even have kanna tea I bought some time back. I sometimes have a cup. If it does anything the effect is only mild - doesn't get you "high" or euphoric or anything. I think I read it had some opiate-like effects.

I hope the kratom helps and as long as you are able to tolerate the withdrawals it sounds like a relatively safe thing. Type 1 diabetes is a rotten thing from what I know about it so that's good it helps. I know it's a lot different to type 2 and often comes on in childhood and can be a killer if not detected early. Sorry you have to go through that.

I hear you about kava. I wouldn't get it again in a hurry but I might revisit it if I need something desperately down the track. I will wait a while though as the memory of it is still putting me off. Also it doesn't help with chronic fatigue as you don't want to do much on it as you say.

Yesterday I received an order of saffron supplements and niacinamide supplements. I took them this morning and felt a mild boost. I read good things about saffron and how it acts a bit like an antidepressant and did as well in studies compared to SSRI's. Niacinamide is meant to help with energy and calmness also.

kanna tea I bought some time back. I sometimes have a cup. If it does anything the effect is only mild - doesn't get you "high" or euphoric or anything. I think I read it had some opiate-like effects.
well, in fact kanna can be a pretty potent substance...
but:
1 is very difficult to find fresh kanna with potent effects and the roa is nasal or sublingual,
2 could be better to go to the kanna subreddit and do some research about the proper thing, the extracts
extracts can be strong AF compared to most plant sources...

I hope the kratom helps and as long as you are able to tolerate the withdrawals it sounds like a relatively safe thing. Type 1 diabetes is a rotten thing from what I know about it so that's good it helps. I know it's a lot different to type 2 and often comes on in childhood and can be a killer if not detected early. Sorry you have to go through that.
yeah, diabetes type 1 is fucking annoying, the baseline is being constantly worried about how you feel, if you run low, high, energy levels, mood... etc all day long, everyday...., it's really exhausting, kratom makes life easier and my sugar levels are more in the "right place" than ever, even if sometimes I run low or sometimes I get hyperglycemias, but the hypers don't feel as bad as when you're not using kratom so I guess it protects some tissues, being a good anti-inflammatory.

I hear you about kava. I wouldn't get it again in a hurry but I might revisit it if I need something desperately down the track. I will wait a while though as the memory of it is still putting me off. Also it doesn't help with chronic fatigue as you don't want to do much on it as you say.
nah, much likely won't work for chronic fatigue... yohimbe is super good as a pick me up substance, but perhaps too strong for some people, the bark in low doses is pretty safe... I also like huperzine A and I've heard good things about PQQ, but I'm not completely sure how that works, it seemed to work on me, but I cannot discard placebo, as the effects are on the mitochondrial level, so who knows...
In anycase for me kava is a lovely substance, but it has some kind of "hangover", feeling apathetic and sleepy next day, not good for most jobs...

Yesterday I received an order of saffron supplements and niacinamide supplements. I took them this morning and felt a mild boost. I read good things about saffron and how it acts a bit like an antidepressant and did as well in studies compared to SSRI's. Niacinamide is meant to help with energy and calmness also.
didn't try niacinamide but I tried saffron, in fact I grew saffron (in Spain), quite a good bunch, at least 40 grams if I remember well, I didn't vape it or snuff it but I tried sublingual and it's surely psychoactive, it's some other strange GABA drug with unusual effects and MOA (mechanism of action), it surely works, is dreamy, stimulating in a gentle way and your mood is lifted, with some general sense of peace and enjoyment, I'm pretty sure some intranasal route with a strong extract could be even recreational...

Wooooww man
I used 3 tablespoons of kava, a mix of solomon headhunters and melo-melo
it was pretty weak since I started eating, and then I used 3 grams of kratom...
that kratom felt like a lightning, hit like a truck... I'm currently super relaxed, almost melted and potent euphoria, very potent euphoria

No doubt kava kava potentiates kratom like no other shit around...

well, in fact kanna can be a pretty potent substance...
but:
1 is very difficult to find fresh kanna with potent effects and the roa is nasal or sublingual,
2 could be better to go to the kanna subreddit and do some research about the proper thing, the extracts
extracts can be strong AF compared to most plant sources...

yeah, diabetes type 1 is fucking annoying, the baseline is being constantly worried about how you feel, if you run low, high, energy levels, mood... etc all day long, everyday...., it's really exhausting, kratom makes life easier and my sugar levels are more in the "right place" than ever, even if sometimes I run low or sometimes I get hyperglycemias, but the hypers don't feel as bad as when you're not using kratom so I guess it protects some tissues, being a good anti-inflammatory.

nah, much likely won't work for chronic fatigue... yohimbe is super good as a pick me up substance, but perhaps too strong for some people, the bark in low doses is pretty safe... I also like huperzine A and I've heard good things about PQQ, but I'm not completely sure how that works, it seemed to work on me, but I cannot discard placebo, as the effects are on the mitochondrial level, so who knows...
In anycase for me kava is a lovely substance, but it has some kind of "hangover", feeling apathetic and sleepy next day, not good for most jobs...

didn't try niacinamide but I tried saffron, in fact I grew saffron (in Spain), quite a good bunch, at least 40 grams if I remember well, I didn't vape it or snuff it but I tried sublingual and it's surely psychoactive, it's some other strange GABA drug with unusual effects and MOA (mechanism of action), it surely works, is dreamy, stimulating in a gentle way and your mood is lifted, with some general sense of peace and enjoyment, I'm pretty sure some intranasal route with a strong extract could be even recreational...
Thank you again for your reply and good information. I looked into yohimbe ages ago and saw it was illegal in Australia and hard to get so I gave up. I do want something natural but that works for energy. The other one I would like to know what you think of is ashwagandha. I had some tablets of it with other ingredients and it didn't do much but I recently got some clearance cans of peach tea with ashwagandha and I felt like they helped a bit. The last can I had felt like it calmed me and almost changed my brain waves if that's possible to tell. So I'm still open to it and maybe the amount in the supplements wasn't high enough. It's hard to tell how much was in the cans though as they had no measurements but the ingredients just said botanical extracts of ashwagandha, liquorice and valerian. Maybe it was even the other ingredients.

That's so interesting about saffron that you shared. The tablets I have say 15mg each so maybe I need 2 a day. It just says one on the label.

I am excited to have had a consult yesterday for some medical cannabis and looking forward to receiving that next week and trying it. Things might be looking up if I have that and it helps.

Wooooww man
I used 3 tablespoons of kava, a mix of solomon headhunters and melo-melo
it was pretty weak since I started eating, and then I used 3 grams of kratom...
that kratom felt like a lightning, hit like a truck... I'm currently super relaxed, almost melted and potent euphoria, very potent euphoria

No doubt kava kava potentiates kratom like no other shit around...
That's awesome! I'm glad you found a regime that works. I also got a small 50g pouch of kava yesterday and finished it in one day. It was okay but not huge euphoria for me this time and I felt a bit weird from it so I'll just keep it in mind as an occasional thing. I have given up a bit on phenibut too.

Kava has no withdrawal... purportedly.

It is not an allosteric modulator or agonist like all other GABA drugs.

It's about as addictive as cannabis. Less so, actually. Any difficulty should be psychological.

There shouldn't be any physical withdrawal symptoms.
I don't know if this is true in actuality. For me, I definitely get a distinct cluster of symptoms after a few days of use which are highly reminiscent of GABAergic discontinuation syndrome. Albeit mild and short-lived. I think too many people consider kava to be an innocuous, even sacred plant. It's GABAergic, all such drugs share characteristics.

I should note that I've gone through multiple GABAERGIC withdrawals and have of course sensitised the system, so my experience may not carry over to 'normal' brains.

That's awesome! I'm glad you found a regime that works. I also got a small 50g pouch of kava yesterday and finished it in one day. It was okay but not huge euphoria for me this time and I felt a bit weird from it so I'll just keep it in mind as an occasional thing. I have given up a bit on phenibut too.
actually for me kava is rarely euphoric, sometimes I get that kavain rush, which feels super strong but also super short lived and sometimes I get that couch-locking, melting happy state of benzos, and that's long lived but not very strong...
it's always about mixing kratom after hitting the plateau with kava when it gets actually euphoric.
I tend to be careful when dosing kava because it's pretty expensive for me.

I don't know if this is true in actuality. For me, I definitely get a distinct cluster of symptoms after a few days of use which are highly reminiscent of GABAergic discontinuation syndrome. Albeit mild and short-lived. I think too many people consider kava to be an innocuous, even sacred plant. It's GABAergic, all such drugs share characteristics.

I should note that I've gone through multiple GABAERGIC withdrawals and have of course sensitised the system, so my experience may not carry over to 'normal' brains.
well, a bit like kratom regarding other opioids but even milder, like if it was a "partial agonist" instead of being a full agonist
a bit like ashwagandha also, which some people say that has some withdrawal, but most people say it doesn't, another GABAergic.

a bit like ashwagandha also, which some people say that has some withdrawal, but most people say it doesn't, another GABAergic.
I experienced an awful withdrawal from high doses of ashwagandha daily for 2-3 months (combo of standardized extract and root powder). It felt like an extreme version of SSRI withdrawal. There were a few similarities to benzo withdrawal, most notably for me was a huge increase in sensory excitability (sudden noises/visual cues would produce an exacerbated startle response)... but otherwise not comparable to GABAergic withdrawal.

One curious feature of ashwagandha withdrawal was my penis became hypersensitive. If I attempted to masturbate... I would be done in <10 seconds. I would orgasm almost instantly without ever gaining an erection. This is likely due to depleted serotonin, since serotonin is actually quite important in orgasm control, and delay.

This is why inability to orgasm is common on SSRI drugs, too much free serotonin stops orgasm from occuring. During withdrawal serotonin plummets, making it occur too easily.

Last edited:
I experienced an awful withdrawal from high doses of ashwagandha daily for 2-3 months (combo of standardized extract and root powder). It felt like an extreme version of SSRI withdrawal. There were a few similarities to benzo withdrawal, most notably for me was a huge increase in sensory excitability (sudden noises/visual cues would produce an exacerbated startle response)... but otherwise not comparable to GABAergic withdrawal.

One curious feature of ashwagandha withdrawal was my penis became hypersensitive. If I attempted to masturbate... I would be done in <10 seconds. I would orgasm almost instantly without ever gaining an erection. This is likely due to depleted serotonin, since serotonin is actually quite important in orgasm control, and delay.

This is why inability to orgasm is common on SSRI drugs, too much free serotonin stops orgasm from occuring. During withdrawal serotonin plummets, making it occur too easily.
Interesting...
I tend to judge substances power over receptors studying how it affects my dreams...
for ashwagandha is clear for me that it has effects on serotonin, because normally serotoninergics are the stuff that affect me the most of all types of oneirogenics (more than choline based, NE based, gaba based or dopa based stuff. For me ashwagandha has super intense effects on dreams, not always but very often, so I would surely say that ashwagandha is strong on serotonin modulation, or whatever the heck.
Never thought that it was going to affect anyone in such a way you're explaining, that seems pretty fucked, but as you know, most people don't suffer "dyscontinuation syndrome" from ashwagandha.

Interesting...
I tend to judge substances power over receptors studying how it affects my dreams...
for ashwagandha is clear for me that it has effects on serotonin, because normally serotoninergics are the stuff that affect me the most of all types of oneirogenics (more than choline based, NE based, gaba based or dopa based stuff. For me ashwagandha has super intense effects on dreams, not always but very often, so I would surely say that ashwagandha is strong on serotonin modulation, or whatever the heck.
Never thought that it was going to affect anyone in such a way you're explaining, that seems pretty fucked, but as you know, most people don't suffer "dyscontinuation syndrome" from ashwagandha.
Black seed oil gave me very vivid dreams when I started taking it. I take it daily now and it helped me get off prescribed pain killers that I was on long term.

How much phenibut should I take today? I was averaging about 1g last few times. I have medical thc arriving this week so that should help me in the longer term.

I feel a bit manic today after taking 1.5g of phenibut yesterday. I was feeling very unhappy by the end of yesterday too but slept well. I think my tolerance for phenibut is high or something.

I feel a bit manic today after taking 1.5g of phenibut yesterday. I was feeling very unhappy by the end of yesterday too but slept well. I think my tolerance for phenibut is high or something.
Don't take much more than that. The amount of phenibut it takes for me to gain a noticeable recreational effect is not that far from an overdose.

Taking more than 2.5g is just a bad idea. Trust me.

Long blackouts, headaches, dizziness, brain zaps... all while you feel delusional sobriety and want to take more.

Phenibut has very little recreational effects, it's best use is in the background. It's very easy to take too much cumulatively. All my major overdoses occurred on day 3 or 4, after taking about 3g per day. It has an effective half life more than 24hr. It builds up in your system very quickly.

Don't take much more than that. The amount of phenibut it takes for me to gain a noticeable recreational effect is not that far from an overdose.

Long blackouts, headaches, dizziness, brain zaps... all while you feel delusional sobriety and want to take more.

Phenibut has very little recreational effects, it's best use is in the background. It's very easy to take too much cumulatively. All my major overdoses occurred on day 3 or 4, after taking about 3g per day. It has an effective half life more than 24hr. It builds up in your system very quickly.
Wow thank you for letting me know. I definitely won't take more next time. I can kind of feel that brain zap effect now and my extremities like fingers and toes feel weird in the nerves. Like I can feel the nerves or they feel numb or something. Not in a pleasant way. I'm sure it will wear off. I put at least a week between doses but I think you get used to it even with that break. I wouldn't take it daily. I only have about 4g left in total. Some people say it helps them socially to connect with people but when I went out to grab some groceries yesterday I felt I could have lashed out at people - they were annoying. I noticed the gang stalking more also.

I just want to take this opportunity to bitch about something I have always taken issue with:
I don't care anybody says, there is no spiritual high
Getting fucked up, is getting fucked up
I don't care what some primitive tribesmen says
I ain't a racist: I'm a realist, give anyone certain hallucinogenic drugs; they will be talking to their dead relative too.
Thank you for your reply. That's a fair point and opinion. I'd pretty much agree that any high you have is an effect of the plant or substance you take. When I took all this kava I felt like I was poisoned with pepper or something. Like I could feel the energy of the plant in me. Some might word it as spirit but what do I know. It's all just words and meaningless really.

The other interesting thing is how they call alcohol spirits and it can make some people demonic. It has a very bad effect on a lot of people and seems to bring out a bad energy. I do wonder if some substances open some portal into bad energies. That could be classed as spiritual.

I'm not disagreeing with you just talking shit.

Do you think you could take phenibut after taking 300mg of pregabalin? I took the pregabalin this morning and feeling okay and would like to boost it.

Do you think you could take phenibut after taking 300mg of pregabalin? I took the pregabalin this morning and feeling okay and would like to boost it.
I have combined phenibut with other GABAergics with no major issues... other than the obvious increased risk of potentiated blackouts, risky behavior, increased depression, increased withdrawal/tolerance, etc.

But phenibut taken orally won't take effect for 4+ hours, and lasts 24+ hours. It's not a good drug to take spontaneously.

I have combined phenibut with other GABAergics with no major issues... other than the obvious increased risk of potentiated blackouts, risky behavior, increased depression, increased withdrawal/tolerance, etc.

But phenibut taken orally won't take effect for 4+ hours, and lasts 24+ hours. It's not a good drug to take spontaneously.
Thank you for letting me know. I have just ate so probably not a good time to take it now. I will either take it this evening or tomorrow I think. What dose of phenibut do you recommend for medium tolerance?