• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kava Root

pillbilly1969

Greenlighter
Need some quick recipes to make kava taste a little better. I currently use root powder. Mix in water for five minutes and chug it straight. Tastes horrible.

I dont remember . It tasting that bad when I steeped it as a tea. Have you tried cooling it then using a coffee filter.

well I want the most "bang for the buck" so to speak so I didn't even strain it....just chugged it down with the little slivers of root and all. I will try the milk and syrup idea next time. thanks

Also strainer bags or an aluball help a lot IMO. Both can be purchased from amazon. I really wouldn't reccommend T&W for kava. That's asking for stomache problems, and I doubt you'll be getting much more out of it unless its micronized. IME kava is much stronger when carefully kneaded than just T&W.

If you're wanting to save money, an aluball might be your best bet. It really simplifies the process, and you can reuse the kava 1-4 times until it no longer gives you effects. Otherwise, strainer bags are the best bet for preparing a strong brew. Its just a tedious process.

It sounds like kava lactones dont dissolve in water but do dissolve in ethanol. So if it was dissolved it might taste better.

A French Press takes all the mess out of preparation. And sequential re brews are possible right in the press decanter.

I am a bit confused i though kava had opiate like effects but when i looked up the chemicals they look like thoser to the antioxidents in coffee and tea

You might be confusing lava with kratom. Kratom is similar to opiates, kava is similar to benzos. That said, they're also extremely different and not even close to the same addictiveness

this came up while surching extractions hope, to stay on the save side use only aquatic extractions. "This study supports the use of Kava as a water extract as compared to the liver toxicity associated with standardized extract form"

As I remember the product I tried had the whole root and a standardized extr with .. kavalactones, did they take that product out of there assortiment [Shrugz]
But anyway 9 of those veggie caps did something unique. To bad it was so mild, or is this just a glimpse I got. Is there more then a numb tung and subtle high to be obtained from Kava this all makes me wonder.

Someone I know that first hand tasted Fiji'sKavaKava, lots of glasses. Said the intoxication resembled that of a half beer, so that not where it's at.
Please tell us can you get high of Kava?

Thank you i was totally confusing kratom with kava. Doesnt this kava give you like acid reflux or nausea like if u had too much green tea.