• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kava kava question and conversation.

A-Dead-Head

Greenlighter
What's up homies, sorry in advance for posting in the wrong section the Bl noble doesn't let me pick the thread prefix! The layout of this threading the the best by any means. I would just like to start a topic of conversation about fresh shredded kava root. I have a few question but will try to keep it as short as possible.

I have experience with both shredded root, powdered root, and extract. I have decided to make some kava tea with a bit of milk and cold water to help me sleep this morning... I have used this prep method once before using shredded root with success. Both powdered root nor extract did anything for me except numb my mouth pretty well, which I find weird because of assume a stronger numbing effect means a higher alkaloid content...right? The shredded root was the only thing that worked so far so that's pretty weird perhaps reverse tolerance effect?

Another question I have had for a whiles is, do you use kava for a sleep and does it work well to make you tired before bed. My schedule is so fucked rn and I'm trying to sleep at a regular time and wake up at a regular time. At the moment I stay awake until 3-4am unable to sleep because of some GI problem thats wrecking my body in every way that's yet to be determined. I wake up at 12-1pm. Also could kava have a bad effect on the GI areas. I wish I could say what is wrong with me but some illness I have is messing up every rhythm in my physical, and emotional being. As much as I would love to take an ambian or valume/xanax I choose no longer to go down the pharmaceutical path other than simple and occasional experimentation, meaning i won't even take a tylonal, but maybe would take something new that comes along just out of curiosity. I would really appreciate some experienced people to respond with opinions, answers, and/or advise on this subject if possible I need sleep, as to now I have tried kava tea from shredded root this morning (4:00am) to try to get some sleeeeeep!

Last edited:
I've made my best sedating drinks with like an ounce of powder. When I can get a pound, I'll experament more. Powder always worked best for me. Shredded sublingual works nice also. I never had a knock out dose. Two oz of powder would probably do the trick. I, however don't recomend mixing anything with Kava or driving on it. If I were to mix, I would smoke some grass. YMMV.

Kava can definitely help out with insomnia and anxiety when taken at appropriate doses (a couple tablespoons of reasonably potent root grounds should do the trick), however it is somewhat nauseating and can be hepatotoxic when taken over long periods of time, something that doesn't mix well with your current GI problems (especially when you don't know the cause of them). Although in general these side effects are rare and usage is typically benign, I wouldn't recommend the risk until you know more about your condition.
Good luck

I've made my best sedating drinks with like an ounce of powder. When I can get a pound, I'll experament more. Powder always worked best for me. Shredded sublingual works nice also. I never had a knock out dose. Two oz of powder would probably do the trick. I, however don't recomend mixing anything with Kava or driving on it. If I were to mix, I would smoke some grass. YMMV.
this has been my experience as well