• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kava kava help

JoEhJoEh

Bluelighter
Hey,

I know it's an old thread but I have to ask a few questions before I use kava kava the first time.

So: with which amount of Kava should I start - I have a very high benzo tolerance I must admit. Am I fine with Kava even if the tolerance is high but I have not taken anything today?

Second: How do I handle it? I have it in powderform an ordered also two strainer bags.
It is a reliable vendor who respects this plant honestly. So his recipe would be:

25 grams of kava root per 1 quarter of water. Ratio determines potency. Ok, this is clear to me.

1. Pour room temperature water into a bowl
2. Place your kava root into your strainer bags
3. Pinch the top of the bag and submerge it in water
4. Knead the kava for about 5-10 minutes (how exactly do I have to knead the kava to get all out of this magical root?)
5. Squeeze the kava dry before discarding the makas (this sentence I dont unterstand to be honest). What's a maka?

And do you guys who are already familiar with making a kava drink do it the same way or are there other ROAS? Are the 25 grams of kava root per 1/4 of water not too much for someone like me who did never tried it? I already mentioned my extremely high tolerance to benzos. I read so many different threads and answers but please is there anyone who could tell me it is alright and explain to me what they mean with "before discarding the makas?

The vendor also means: serving size: 1 tsp (teaspoon I guess) (~3 grams) - (makes 4 fl oz) --> Uhm - what? I'm not familiar with that since I'm from Europe and we have totally different measures. Yes I know I could have a look at LEO but this doesn't solve my problem.

I want to do it right, I want a real strong high to be honest but I don't want to make anything wrong. I am not going to take it every day, I read about the fact that it could damage the liver very heavily.

So please - would anybody be so kind and translate that to me, give me a few tips what to avoid or what to do that makes fun on kava kava and so on.

Would appreciate it very much, thanks in advance!

JJ

EDIT: Dear Mod, thanks for moving it here, there were so many threads I didn't know where to put it exactly. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
I've never much luck with unprocessed kava root. Even when prepared properly with lecithin as an emulsifier, my results have always been subtle at best and highly inconsistent even with identical preparation from the same batch, similar to my experiences with blue lotus. Kavalactone pastes are slightly better, but a quality kava tincture is the only preparation that has produced consistent, noticeable effects for me. I have a significant benzodiazepine tolerance as well, so if you find a preparation that effective for you, let me know!

Hey,

I used a very strong Kava called STONE - says everything. But it's so important how to prepare it and to do it correctly. I tried it first time yesterday and yes, I felt it, but not very strong - another user told me I have to "learn" it, because even the process itself is easy you really have to know a lot of things - I had the wrong "bottle" to fill up, it was too small. I have to buy another one with a bigger hole so that you really can sqeeze and knead the Kava (I had powdered noble Kava from a very reliable vendor.) I drank it and was grateful that i did not have a Kratom-experience again :D The taste it not too bad, just a bit bitter. I immediately felt something but did not really know what exactly - then my tongue and my mouth startet to get numb and a few minutes afterwards i felt it is really calming me, it was a good feeling, but not the STONE I wanted to have ;) So i have to buy a big jar to make it easier for myself and i'm sure if I did it a few times I will find MY grog that I really enjoy, a real couchlock. It is so different for everybody to find "their" Kava because there are some sorts that give you a drive and you just feel happy and there are other ones like the STONE one that is mostly calming you.

To be honest I expected to do it completely wrong and will not feel anything, but no, it worked (less than it should, but this was my mistake).

I'll buy a bigger jar tomorrow, minimum 1 l, better 1,5 l. It should close well because a bit of shake you have to do as well.

Says the bloody Kava Kava - newbie. :D

JJ