• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

kava and mdma?

gio89

Greenlighter
So I'm attending edc this weekend...i haven't rolled in 3 years.and I'm scared to Cus I fear it will trigger my anxiety. ...i been drinking kava and I love the stuff it always eases/relaxes me...i was thinking of drinking this and then taking mdma.just to control my anxiety. Would this be a bad idea? Is this a bad combination?

I've never had anxiety when rolling. Some people might during come up, but if you take a reasonable dose (120), that should be pretty mild as well.

I have used kava on the comedown, and found it to relax me very nicely.

I only think it get anxious Cus I'm sensitive to stimulants. ..Some where I read that kava is like a maoi? So its not good to mix...is this true?

I only think it get anxious Cus I'm sensitive to stimulants. ..Some where I read that kava is like a maoi? So its not good to mix...is this true?

That is true and though the MAOI action of kava is not well understood, it's best to err on the side of caution. I wouldn't take kava before or with the MDMA, however after you start coming down I could see it being very nice.

Don't be anxious. As long as your MDMA is tested to be good quality, you shouldn't have to worry about anxiety, isn't that the whole point of rolling? :)

Similar to just about any emotion, the anxiety doesn't actually need a REASON behind it...if that makes sense. Personally a few different kinds of stimulants will trigger mild anxiety for me, most notably Clenbuterol HCl. Even though I've got nothing to worry about, I feel like there's something I SHOULD be worrying about. It's easy enough to ignore when you know for certain it's just the substance, but the emotion itself is still there. Mushrooms, while not exactly a stimulant, can have a very similar effect too. At one stage during my last trip, I remember my emotions changing almost every other second haha....one moment pure bliss, then fear, then confusion, then bliss again, suddenly I'm crying (lolwut), then anxiety, so on and so forth.

Make sense?

Similar to just about any emotion, the anxiety doesn't actually need a REASON behind it...if that makes sense. Personally a few different kinds of stimulants will trigger mild anxiety for me, most notably Clenbuterol HCl. Even though I've got nothing to worry about, I feel like there's something I SHOULD be worrying about. It's easy enough to ignore when you know for certain it's just the substance, but the emotion itself is still there. Mushrooms, while not exactly a stimulant, can have a very similar effect too. At one stage during my last trip, I remember my emotions changing almost every other second haha....one moment pure bliss, then fear, then confusion, then bliss again, suddenly I'm crying (lolwut), then anxiety, so on and so forth.

Make sense?

Yea actually when I used to roll I would get likevthat.many mixed emotions.il be super happy then out of no where im depressed.then anxious..then all gigiddy again...maybe I'm over thinking it but I just wouldn't wana be Rollin for hours and b dealing with intense anxiety the whole time

Likely has a lot to do with setting imo....but yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I don't seem to notice emotion waves when rolling, though to be honest 200mg+ is probably just smacking me hard enough I'm oblivious anyway :p