• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kadian 20mg

slowdive

Bluelighter
I admit I did a forum search and found several topics on Kadian (morphine). BUT ---

I am running out of tramadol a few days early this month (as always) and will be stuck in withdrawal for a few days. My friend helped me out by giving me 7 Kadian 20mg capsules. My main goal is to avoid tramadol withdrawal and using hydrocodone, etc usually does this for me, but I am interested in trying the morphine anyway. Should I swallow these 20mg Kadian whole or crush up the beads and parachute, snort, etc?

My usual tolerance is 200-250mg of tramadol daily. And when I don't have tramadol I use about 15-20mg of hydrocodone to help with tram withdrawal, cravings, buzz, etc.

I'm not familiar with morphine, but know how it works and how it'll feel.
Advice ?

Well morphines feel is a lot like other opiates. Though IME it has more of a histamine release than others (itchiness, redness).

Kadian's are hard to abuse but I've found that crushing the beads in the capsules and suspending them in a liquid and squirting it up the ol' poop shoot gives a nice high comparable to IV.

the Oral and Snorted BA of morphine are really low. So if you want the most out of the Kadian, I'd suggest plugging it

if you plug 10mg morphine you'll be fine, or take 15mg orally (parachute or not dosn't change much) DO NOT snort morphine... very low BA

He beat me o it ;)^^

Wow I thought that morphine had decent BA when taken up the nose.
I don't know anything about plugging.

If you take 20mg capsule whole, how much is released immediately, and when is the rest released? The instructions on bottle was one every 12 hours as needed. So I'm guessing if I swallow the capsule, 10mg will be released and then 6 hours later another 10mg.

I am not looking to get extremely fucked up. I am using these just to keep the tramadol withdrawal at bay and allow me to function normally. Hopefully a 20mg dose of morphine over the course of 12 hours won't hurt me. I doubt it would.

If you take 20mg capsule whole, how much is released immediately, and when is the rest released? The instructions on bottle was one every 12 hours as needed. So I'm guessing if I swallow the capsule, 10mg will be released and then 6 hours later another 10mg.

I am not looking to get extremely fucked up. I am using these just to keep the tramadol withdrawal at bay and allow me to function normally. Hopefully a 20mg dose of morphine over the course of 12 hours won't hurt me. I doubt it would.

^ again. im not looking to get fucked up on these or get a nod. im just looking to be able to keep tramadol withdrawal away and be able to function in the world decently normal. until my tramadol refill is allowed on sunday or monday

I am not a fan of Kadian or Avinza. To avoid sickness I would take it orally. That's about all Kadian or Avinza is good for in my opinion, unless you're an IV user.

You can't IV the Kadians, unless you're down for some serious household chemistry shit.

Honestly taking one of those orally should do you fine. Tramadol is just about equipotent to codeine

You can't IV the Kadians, unless you're down for some serious household chemistry shit.

Honestly taking one of those orally should do you fine. Tramadol is just about equipotent to codeine

Ahhh, I don't know much about the Kadians but I knew you could IV the Avinzas. I just don't IV. I am not a fan of morphine..

I dont know where you heard that you cant IV the Kadians, but you are mistaken. All it takes is simply crushing the beads, then add water, filter, and extract just as you would with almost any of intravenous friendly drug.
I literally just did two.

20mg is very very far from a deadly dose, even to non-opiate addicted users.
If you take 4 to 5 50mg trams a day, and 20-30mg of lortabs or percocet, on the swing days between script filling, you could easily injest 40mg, and get a pretty okay buzz. Your sickness will definitely be at bay.
Honestly, you would probably be fine with taking just one a day, since theyre extended release.

Yes you should plug them. It's very very easy and effective.
Nice name BTW, I'm a huge slowdive fan ;)

Edit: Oh just realized this post is 6 years old